Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"While the sun is Bright..." - HELP!

Options
  • 20-04-2010 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey!
    I’m a student from Brazil who happens to be really attracted to the Irish language. Can’t find time or a proper way to learn it though..

But anyway, I am going to do a tattoo very soon (don't want to wait any longer)…in Irish
    And since I’m not really good at it, I’d LOVE if anyone could help me translate this sentence:

“While the sun is Bright, or in my darkest night”

I was told it would be something like “Fad is a bheidh an ghrian gal,nói m’oícheanta is duairce”

What do you think? Is it 100% correct?

Thanks A LOT in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

TIAGORH wrote: »
    Hey!
    I’m a student from Brazil who happens to be really attracted to the Irish language. Can’t find time or a proper way to learn it though..

But anyway, I am going to do a tattoo very soon (don't want to wait any longer)…in Irish
    And since I’m not really good at it, I’d LOVE if anyone could help me translate this sentence:

“While the sun is Bright, or in my darkest night”

I was told it would be something like “Fad is a bheidh an ghrian gal,nói m’oícheanta is duairce”

What do you think? Is it 100% correct?

Thanks A LOT in advance :)

The nói should be nó. Other than that it devles into the realms of grammar. I can ask my Irish teacher tommorrow if you don't get any other replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

"Fad is a bheidh an ghrian gheal, nó san oíche is duairce a bheidh agam"

oícheanta is the plural of oíche

Wait for a couple more opinions, there are a few ways you can say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TIAGORH

thankyou very much, I'd really appreciate that!!
    I'd feel secure with such a reliable opinion!

Advertisement