Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian restaurants in Limerick

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

brianon wrote: »
    +1 for Tuscany (Castletroy, near Synotts)

Bella Italia ? Imo its crap. just imo.
    Lac Cucina (?). Don't like it either.

Doesnt really matter if you dont like la Cucina, cos it won the best casual dining in Ireland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Mc Love wrote: »
    Doesnt really matter if you dont like la Cucina, cos it won the best casual dining in Ireland :D

Seriously ? I always wondered about these 'awards' that places get. Seems they (not specifically la cucina) all are best place to eat ... "as awarded by <fill in sponsor here that may or may not involve back scratching>".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Seriously ? I always wondered about these 'awards' that places get. Seems they (not specifically la cucina) all are best place to eat ... "as awarded by <fill in sponsor here that may or may not involve back scratching>".

I know of a place that bought a plaque for an apparent award on the internet! True story.

Ive eaten in La Cucina a couple of times, and ya food has been great ..... BUT ....they did do a huge facebook campaign to get votes for this award!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Big business in these Company Awards these days......

- At the end of the day you'd have to wonder why any Organisation would want to spend their times assessing Companies before awarding them "prestigious" awards out of thin air unless they were being handsomely reimbursed for their time, effort and ingenuity in inventing the whole notion in the first place.

Then you get horseshít like the below being paraded around with squeals and giggles of delight:

Well done to McCarthys Centra on Ash Street - Winner of the 2010 best Centra on a Street named after a native Irish deciduous tree Award.

FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Raiser wrote: »
    Then you get horseshít like the below being paraded around with squeals and giggles of delight:

Well done to McCarthys Centra on Ash Street - Winner of the 2010 best Centra on a Street named after a native Irish deciduous tree Award.

FFS.

I laughed, because it's true :)

As for the thread. I have never eaten in Piccola, but have eaten in Bella Italia. Not a fan at all. Doesn't provide particularly good value and have had 2 very disappointing meals there. I got meatballs which were tasty to be fair. OH got lasagna which burnt her mouth it was so hot... on the outside! The inside was frozen solid. Another time our side order didn't arrive, then was included on the bill... Two strikes is enough, so more eating there.

La Cucina in Castletroy is lovely, but I reckon their pizza base is too salty. Overall a treat :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

+1 for Tuscany (Castletroy, near Synotts)

Had a bad experience at Tuscany a while ago and haven't been back since. I asked for a risotto and got rice soup with a few rubbery prawns in it and when I eventually complained (at the insistence of the husband) they couldn't see what was wrong. They grudgingly offered a replacement but as husband was halfway through his main course I declined the offer.

On the other hand, been to Bella Italia a few times and always came out a happy camper :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The 'award' they received was from Restaurant assoc of Ireland and is a fairly prestigious award beating off much of the competition from around the country. They also have bridgestone award for casual dining
    I know of a place that bought a plaque for an apparent award on the internet! True story.

Ive eaten in La Cucina a couple of times, and ya food has been great ..... BUT ....they did do a huge facebook campaign to get votes for this award!

Their campaign was only worth 30% of the overall vote, it would always come down to the judges to decide who would win

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Mc Love wrote: »
    The 'award' they received was from Restaurant assoc of Ireland and is a fairly prestigious award beating off much of the competition from around the country. They also have bridgestone award for casual dining

Their campaign was only worth 30% of the overall vote, it would always come down to the judges to decide who would win

Have you an interest McLovin?

- In the interests of transparency you should declare where your Salami is at :p

Advertisement