Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parrot CK3100 or Nokia CK100?????

Options
  • 19-04-2010 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I am trying to decide on what type of Bluetooth Handsfree Car Kit to get. I have a Lexus IS220D and have been looking online for a few weeks now and the suggestions I am getting are between the Parrot CK3100 and the Nokia CK100. Has anyone any experience of either and which would you recommend? Any help on this would be appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I've got the 3100 about a year,no issues ,nice and simple to use

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

CK3100 fits nicely on the drivers side dash.

I rather using the Nokia Ck600 to the parrot(that American lady's voice goes through me), but to be fair the Parrot is less likely to have compatablilty issues and it runs through the cars speakers and the blue-white backlight goes nicely with the Optitron instruments.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

have the CK3100 myself, a doddle to fit, easy to use and no hassle with it so far. had the Nokia Ck100 in another car before, no problems with that either. got the Parrot for 70 quid though so that settled that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

I fitted a Nokia Ck300 (AFAIK it superceeded the CK100) to my car not so long ago and it works fine. The nokia kit i bought had an ISO interface with it so I wired it into the existing speakers in the car as well as the automute function on the headunit in the car.

I wrote a how to here as to how I approached it:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055816021#

The Lexus Is220d was available with a factory bluetooth option. Might that not be a better alternative as im fairly sure there was mounted countrols on the steering wheel. Mabey the lexus enthusaists fourms could point you in the right direction regards retro fitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the Lexus bluetooth is a pain to use compared to an aftermarket kit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I had the CK3100 in my last car...no problems but one thing that annoys me about these kits is when a text comes in you lose your radio reception for about 3-4 secs. Murphys law it was always when I wanted to hear something.

So when I sold up and changed, I opted for the Parrot Minikit. Battery lasts 2-3 weeks and works great. A lot cheaper too and takes only a few secs to fit

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I had the CK3100 in my last car...no problems but one thing that annoys me about these kits is when a text comes in you lose your radio reception for about 3-4 secs. Murphys law it was always when I wanted to hear something.

So when I sold up and changed, I opted for the Parrot Minikit. Battery lasts 2-3 weeks and works great. A lot cheaper too and takes only a few secs to fit

With the Nokias car kits it depends on the phone most likely due to the more intelligent firmware versions on the more expensive phones.

I used have a Nokia 6300 and like Lex Luthor describes the radio used auto mute as the phone received a text or a delivery report.

I have a Nokia E51 at the moment and it only automutes for making or receiving a call. Also has a few handy features like:
    - that it knows when its connected to the car kit and allows you to alter between the handset and the handsfree
    - it announces who is calling you by the entry on your phone book (using a computer voice) if you have the feature enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 swinford

I fitted a Nokia Ck300 (AFAIK it superceeded the CK100) to my car not so long ago and it works fine. The nokia kit i bought had an ISO interface with it so I wired it into the existing speakers in the car as well as the automute function on the headunit in the car.

I wrote a how to here as to how I approached it:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055816021#

The Lexus Is220d was available with a factory bluetooth option. Might that not be a better alternative as im fairly sure there was mounted countrols on the steering wheel. Mabey the lexus enthusaists fourms could point you in the right direction regards retro fitting?

Rang the main Lexus dealer and the bluetooth option in the Lexus was something like >€800, that put an end to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 swinford

With the Nokias car kits it depends on the phone most likely due to the more intelligent firmware versions on the more expensive phones.

I used have a Nokia 6300 and like Lex Luthor describes the radio used auto mute as the phone received a text or a delivery report.

I have a Nokia E51 at the moment and it only automutes for making or receiving a call. Also has a few handy features like:
    - that it knows when its connected to the car kit and allows you to alter between the handset and the handsfree
    - it announces who is calling you by the entry on your phone book (using a computer voice) if you have the feature enabled.

Which Car Kit do you have????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I'd vote for the Parrot, I have awful echo problems with my Nokia CK-7W with anything other than Nokia phones. This is less likely to be an issue with the Parrot as they cater for a multiple of different phone manufacturers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I'd vote for the Parrot, I have awful echo problems with my Nokia CK-7W with anything other than Nokia phones. This is less likely to be an issue with the Parrot as they cater for a multiple of different phone manufacturers.

my missus has one of these in hers and with the volume up full, its still hard to hear the voice on the other end which makes me shout thinking they cant hear me...go for the Parrot

• Registered Users Posts: 65,032 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I'd vote for the Parrot, I have awful echo problems with my Nokia CK-7W with anything other than Nokia phones.

After having had a few sh1t phones, I'm trying to stay with Nokia phones if I can just for now. My 5800 works perfectly with the Nokia CK-7W and so does my previous Nokia phone and the missus' current and previous phones.

swinford wrote: »
    Which Car Kit do you have????

As per my earlier post a Nokia CK300. No problems with it.

Advertisement