Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragongate UK 2010

Options
  • 18-04-2010 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭

Ho ho, they're coming back!!!

Dragon Gate Return Announced.
    "We Promise, We'll be back" The booming words were met by a loud roar of excitment at last year's Dragon Gate UK debut. When finally Dragon Gate landed in the UK for what can only be described as an amazing event, many people were expecting a huge event but they got one of the great shows to ever take place on European Soil.

The show took place at the Regal in Oxford, a new venue as far as Wrestling in the UK was concerned. However with a turn away crowd of over 500 of the loudest, most intelligent fans in Europe, Dragon Gate left a huge mark that night and Pac stood in the middle of the ring and proclaimed they would return. Now true to their word, Amerchandise present and proudly sponsored by FSM, they return for TWO incredible nights this September. Such was the feeling after the last show that Dragon Gate officials told us they wanted to come to the UK for two events, "The UK event was was the best we have held outside of Japan" was the exact wording and that was down to the immense crowd support.

Friday Sept 10th at the Broxbourne Civic Hall, Hertford and Saturday Sept 11th at the Burgess Civic Centre, St Ives, Cambridge. Anyone who has follows British Wrestling or British supershows will know all about the Broxbourne Civic Hall, it is one of the premier event venues in the country for Wrestling. It is easily accessable for all forms of transport and with us having to hold a friday event it was decided that we would put it in one ofthe most well known venues to make transportation as easy as possible for everybody.

The Burgess CiviC Hall will play host to DG on Saturday Sept 11th. This is another AM debut venue and it is absolutely stunning, as you can see in these photos below. It already has state of the art lighting, video screens and sound. The venue also has a balcony and great decor. It is situated in St Ives and is attached to the huge leisure centre, and will seat upto 500 people, so we're expecting another turn away crowd. We discovered the Regal last time and it looks like we have done it again with The Burgess Civic Hall, it is going to have it's room blown off!

The first Confirmed Match is an epic rematch of quite possibly the 2009 match of the year on European Soil, Susumu Yokosuka takes on Shingo in what will sure to be a show stealing battle. With this in mind the event will be simply and aptly named as "Yokosuka V Shingo 2", it will also feature 4 other matches plus a bonus match (which is announced in FSM (Fighting Spirit Magazine) on sale 22/4) and obviously with those two confirmed for Night 1, it means they are available for matches on night 2 aswell.

Full Event Details, along with the card layouts are located at www.dragongateuk.com and with the cards & fighters are being announced almost weekly and also in FSM with exclusive announcements and updates. Our update schedule will give you a list of the current months announcements.

Event Details

DG:UK "Yokosuka V Shingo 2"
    Friday Sepetember 10th
    Doors Open 7pm, Show Start 7.45, Est Finish 10.15
    Broxbourne Civic Hall
    High Street
    Hoddlesdon
    Herfordshire
    EN11 8BE

DG:UK "Invasion 2"
    Saturday September 11th
    Doors Open 6.30pm, Show Start 7.20, Est Finish 10.10
    Meet and Greet 4pm - 5.30pm
    Burgess Civic Hall
    Westwood Road
    St Ives
    Cambridgeshire
    PE27 6WU

*posters are meant as samples, they do not represent final roster or artwork

Tickets
    ONSALE April 24th at 8.30am. Box Office (023) 9265 2211, online at www.dragongateuk.com. (There will be 2 other numbers that will be for used as tempory ticket lines for the day posted at midnight the night before on our next update)

Ticket Prices

£50, £30, £25
    Meet and Greet £10

Broxbourne Seating Plan [ Click Here ]
    Burgess Seating Plan [ Click Here ]

Available at Dragon Gate UK .com

£50 Tickets.
    Front Row, there is no better seat in the house. No Barriers and right next to the ring. AM are always learning and striving to get the best situation for anybody attending our events and with that in mind, we have cut down the number of ringside seats slightly so that there are less in the corners, thus you will have an unparralled view. Please bear in mind, you are front row, you can't get much closer to the action, and with the unique DG style, it is very likely at some point you will have some airbourne superstars heading your way. One lucky (Or Unlucky fan) got a prime taste of this at the last event. Please do understand that with the great view comes a possibly of you having to move should one of the stars fly through the air in your direction! VERY LIMITED QUANITITY!

£30 General Seating
    2nd Row and back, for £30 earth pounds? Thats insane. Just one row back for £30! A great view and right in the thick of the atmosphere. Every seat in this section could have should have been included in the higher price point but we aim to bring you the best value possible and some of these will be in the raised area for Broxbourne. The first people that buy can get 2nd row. Incredible!

£25 Value Seating
    Just like at previous AM events, we have tried to provide some cheaper seating that there is a slight possiblity won't quite have the same view as the higher price tickets, but at the Regal last year, I think all but 8 seats had a perfect view! So here is your chance to get a great seat for a great price, some seats could possibly have a slight reduction in view but as mentioned before out of 420 seats last time, only 8 had anything in view of the ring,

It should be noted, with the devaulation of the pound. Rising airfares, fuel costs, organisionation along with double the transportation, accomodation costs. We are keeping the price structure as close as possible to last year.

Meet & Greet & Merchandise Early Entry
    Saturday 4pm - 5.30pm : Burgess Civic
    Like last year, here is your oppertunity to meet the stars of Dragon Gate and the rest of the roster on the events. We will not be offering the VIP/8x10 packs as most people attended the last one and we don't want to have to charge for a pack you already have. Entry will be £10, with 8x10's available between £3-5. You can take a photo if you bring a camera but stars will only be able to sign 8x10's to keep things moving swiftly. There will also be a limit of 75 to make sure everybody gets the chance to meet all of the stars. Entry will also gain you first access to the expansive merchandise and first refusal on the Dragon Gate merchandise available.

Confirmed Stars
    Shingo, Yokosuka, TBC, TBC, TBC, TBC, TBC, TBC, TBC, TBC, TBC, TBC, TBC, TBC, TBC

Upto Date Cards
    Yokosuka V Shingo 2
    Friday

Susumu Yokosuka v SHINGO

When the dust had settled on the Invasion:UK show, fans were raving about each and every match top to bottom. From Mark Haskins’ outstanding performance that earned him a spot on the Dragon Gate roster, to the incredible six man main event, to Dragon Kid and Yossino being spectacular in every way, there was a lot for the wrestling fans in attendance to be happy about.

But for most there was one match that stood out amongst all of the others, and ironically it was a match where one competitor went in at less than 100%. SHINGO v Susumu Yokosuka was an intense, dramatic fight that had every single fan either on the edge of their seats or standing on their feet.

UK fans had been privileged to witness some phenomenal contests live, but few if any had the intensity and drama of this one, and even fewer produced such dynamic and exciting wrestling.

For Dragon Gate UK’s return, what better match to bring back than Susumu Yokosuka v SHINGO? With both men having furthered their careers since the Invasion:UK show, and with both men wanting to prove more, this match is a match that everyone wants to see repeated.

If a match with an ill SHINGO as one half of it produced the spectacle at Invasion:UK imagine what you are going to witness in September! SHINGO v Susumu Yokosuka promises to be nothing short of truly amazing!

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

this is awesome; i'll try rally the troops to go! it's half of the wBw roster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

jaykhunter wrote: »
    this is awesome; i'll try rally the troops to go! it's half of the wBw roster!

Well worth the effort man, they were brilliant the last time. Put on a top show and unlike WWE or TNA house shows they went balls out to put on a PPV quality show. The DG crew are unbelieveably sound bunch and were so approachable at the meet and greet. CIMA is the funniest man in wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

They had to pick a bad time didn't they.:mad: I plan to go to Bound For Glory the month later so I'll have very little in terms of disposable funds. Guess have once again I'll have to wait until the next time they come around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ithink there should be a PW forum bus for this. Im 100% on for this, and will look into hiring a car to get from one venue to another if others are interested??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

I'm very tempted by this. Very tempted indeed.

• Advertisement

i'm gonna try get the guys together; but it'd be cool to meet up and possibly ride together. I'll let ya know over the next few days :)

Im shagged at the mo, but will look at prices etc tmr and will post them here.

Might even get a match in on the saturday afternoon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Gambra

They really like their out of the way villages don't they? What's wrong with putting on shows in Birmingham or Manchester if they can't afford places in London??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Gambra

Also, since they had The Young Bucks over last year I wonder if they'll have any US talent over? Everything will be crossed for Mike Quackenbush/Jigsaw..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Munster Mafia in da house

• Advertisement

only thing that sucks is Davey Richards won't be there :( signed a contract with ROH

Some info taken from UKFF on transport

It is all quite straight forward really. The only question is do people want to stay in Broxbourne then move on to St Ives, or go back to London both nights?

I would recommend going back to London tbh (by train), but if people are more wanting to stay in the locality, grand job, we can source hotels etc that way.

Bus/Train Info

Broxbourne

Travelling by Train

Train Times from London Euston (EUS) to Broxbourne (BXB)

EUS (departs): 17:56, 17:59, 18:11, 18:14
    BXB (Arrives): 18:39, 18:47, 18:54, 19:02
    Duration: 43min 48min 43min 48min
    Changes: 1 1 1 1

Train Times from Broxbourne (BXB) to London Euston

BXB (Departs): 22:16, 22:24, 22:47, 22:54
    EUS (Arrives): 22:58, 23:13, 23:29, 23:43
    Duration: 42min 49min 42min 49min

Train Times from Brosbourne (BXB) to Huntingdon (HUN)
    BXB (Departs): 22:47, 22:54, 23:54, 00:19
    HUN (Arrives): 00:26, 01:04, 01:52, 02:56
    Duration: 1h 39m, 2h 10m, 1h 58m, 2h 37m
    Changes: 2 2 2 2

Burgess Hall, St Ives

Trains From London Euston to Huntingdon

EUS (Departs): 16:50, 17:06, 17:20, 17:50
    HUN (Arrives): 17:52, 18:20, 18:47, 18:52
    Duration: 1h 2m, 1h 14m, 1h 27m, 1h 2m

From Huntingdon to London Euston
    HUN (Departs): 21:59, 22:33, 22:59
    EUS (Arrives): 23:13, 00:01, 00:20
    Duration: 1h 14m 1h 28m 1h 21m
    Changes: 1 1 1

********** IT SHOULD BE NOTED: The closest Train Station to St. Ives is Huntingdon Station. An additional bus route will be necessary to commend the rest of the journey. However, there will be no late night buses, so a Hotel of a Taxi service maybe necessary. Further details for the Bus route, Taxi Service and Hotels will be found below********

I probably wont look into this too much till my exams are out of the way, the last thing I need now is a big distraction like this. Will more than likely go all the same, unreal craic the last time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

cool, I'd be on for this.

(Anything to get away from the missus for a weekend really :P)

Almost 100% up for this. It falls nicely between the All Ireland football and hurling final weekends so it could be an epic month all round.

what if we're on the way to the second show and we meet a man with seven wives?

flahavaj wrote: »
    Almost 100% up for this. It falls nicely between the All Ireland football and hurling final weekends so it could be an epic month all round.

Jesus if things go right for my bais in Tipp I'd say I wont be legally let fly for a few weeks after it!!

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Jesus if things go right for my bais in Tipp I'd say I wont be legally let fly for a few weeks after it!!

erra tis grand, they'll be beaten by cork in munster and fall apart after that so you'll be grand..

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Too far south for me, otherwise I'd go

Roar wrote: »
    erra tis grand, they'll be beaten by cork in munster and fall apart after that so you'll be grand..

:P

In the football maybe.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

OOooOOoooOooo

Any mention of when the next announcement is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I went to the Dragongate Mercury Rising ppv taping in Phoenix,loved it and met nearly their whole roster,they were all so kind and gracious

i'd recommend Dragongate fully but you'll be exhausted by the last bell from all the action,but hey that's no bad thing

http://www.dragongateuk.com/

Tickets available from ^ there at 8.30am tomorrow saturday 24th.

I am undecided as to what to buy. Front row would be great and all, but not sure can I stretch to that.

Seating plan for night 1

Seating plan for night 2

Think Ill just go for the General and hope for the best.

Tickets bought. Went for general. Worked out at €145 for 2 tickets for 2 nights

Busy afternoon. Booked hotels for both nights, decided not to go near London afterall.

Hiring a car from Stansted.

Stansted - Broxbourne 43kms
    Broxbourne - St Ives 83 kms
    St Ives - Stansted 68kms

Staying at the Westwood Lodge in Broxbourne. Less than a mile from the venue. Twin room £61

Staying at the Travelodge Fernstanton for St Ives, which is 4.5miles from the venue. Twin room £37 (incl visa charge).

We have a spare seat in the car, possibly 2. if you are interested in travelling with us, let me know asap.

How bad.

Anyone else got any plans made for this?

gimmick wrote: »
    Anyone else got any plans made for this?

Mid Juneish and I'll have everything sorted I'd say. Going to be doin this one on the cheap I'd say. Funds are gone against me lately

PMd you there.

Booked flights earlier. €55 return Cork Stansted.

• Advertisement

looking forward to this now. even if gimmick is going. ah well. can't have everything I suppose.

Advertisement