Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd sighting (bird, plane?)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Could you make out what color it was? Let us know what you hear back about aircraft in th area. Did you google the area you live in along with aircraft for that date? Or in the regional forum of where you live?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

maccored wrote: »
    I honestly dont want to get pulled into one of these internet discussions one hears so much about, but it's unidentified to the OP (im sure whoever was in it could identify it). Thats exactly my point. It does not though, make it an alien visitation.

So let me get this straight... There's no such thing as a UFO? Because by your definition if anyone, anywhere, at any time can identify what it is, it's not a UFO. Correct? So they don't exist at all then?

Even if three aliens arrive in my back garden tomorrow night and I see them hover over the grass and can't think what it is, it's not a UFO because the aliens know what it is, and it's only unidentifiable to me??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

@loldoog and pookie82 - I dunno where yous two are coming from. a UFO is an unidentified flying object. an alien is an alien. its not uncommon for people to see things they cant identify. Its quite uncommon to see an alien. loldog - if theres no inference of the signting being alien, why is it in the paranormal forum?

where oh where are you both getting confused on that? hang on - I know ... because there are alien objects people cant identify that are *really* ufos? yeah, right.

if theres no inference of the signting being alien, why is it in the paranormal forum?

where oh where are you both getting confused on that? hang on - I know ... because there are alien objects people cant identify that are *really* ufos? yeah, right.

Because it's as of yet unexplained to the OP, so he chose to put it here.

It remains a UFO until he can identify what it was. No one is suggesting it was an alien, just unidentified. You can't grasp the distinction, it seems.

its not uncommon for people to see things they cant identify.

Yes, and there's a name for this - a UFO. It stand for UNIDENTIFIED flying object.
    Its quite uncommon to see an alien.

We're all agreed on that - in fact I've never heard a foolproof version of an alien encounter that I believe.

What's your point again? That people calling something a UFO because they haven't figured out what it is yet are really assuming it's an alien?:confused:

• Advertisement

who is arguing about what UFO means? besides yourself that is.
    No one is suggesting it was an alien, just unidentified. You can't grasp the distinction, it seems

This is a paranormal forum. bear that in mind. If no-one is suggesting its an alien, then whats the thread doing here?

I already answered that. it's unusual, unexplained etc...

The OP want opinions. He didn't come on here saying he saw an alien (read the thread title - "bird,plane?" - no "alien" in there) and seems like a pretty level headed guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

pookie82 wrote: »
    I already answered that. it's unusual, unexplained etc...
    It's not paranormal though. If the OP didn't mean to imply some kind of 'paranormal' belief behind the appearance of this object why is it in the Paranormal forum rather than the Aviation forum?

precisely.

kylith wrote: »
    It's not paranormal though. If the OP didn't mean to imply some kind of 'paranormal' belief behind the appearance of this object why is it in the Paranormal forum rather than the Aviation forum?

If you read page two of this thread you'll see the OP didn't realise there even was one.

He saw something weird and unexplainable (to him) and decided to get people's thoughts here.

If you feel so strongly that it shouldn't be here why don't you ask a mod to move it?

There's a serious amount of knickers-in-twists here over nothing.

• Advertisement

knickers in twists or not, you;re basically telling me that this is a non paranormal thread in the middle of a paranormal forum. Most of it has been explainations of what 'UFO' means (for some reason) so at this stage Im wondering why have have a thread about aviation in the paranormal forum. the phrase 'bored to tears' comes to mind.

knickers in twists or not, you;re basically telling me that this is a non paranormal thread in the middle of a paranormal forum. Most of it has been explainations of what 'UFO' means (for some reason) so at this stage Im wondering why have have a thread about aviation in the paranormal forum. the phrase 'bored to tears' comes to mind.

Then why are you still reading and posting??? No one's forcing you to!!!:)

very true. How perceptive of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

loldog - if theres no inference of the signting being alien, why is it in the paranormal forum?

So far, you're the only one who has confused the term UFO with extraterrestrial spacecraft. The title of the post made by the OP clearly indicates he is merely looking for a reasonable explanation.

The term paranormal simply means something out of the ordinary and as anyone familiar with this forum will know, as often as not people here can provide a rational explanation for something that seems unexplainable.

Um... I haven't written anything like that on this thread. Here's some friendly advice for you.

wow, that sure tolded me off. I've already laid out my point of view btw. It's not *that* hard to understand.
    indicates he is merely looking for a reasonable explanation.

Yes, and many were given.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

On Newstalk's Tom Dunne show this morning he mentioned a UFO video that was posted on Youtube taken at Newgrange very recently.

Anybody know anything about this as I cannot find any info or the video :confused:

Advertisement