Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaming headset

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Ok, I'm stuck between two minds as to what I should get. I have an xbox and ps3 so I was thinking of getting the Px21, now I don't play the playstation much and I was also looking at the X41s, which should I go for or is there any other good headsets out there that work on both 360 and PS3 thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Ok, I'm stuck between two minds as to what I should get. I have an xbox and ps3 so I was thinking of getting the Px21, now I don't play the playstation much and I was also looking at the X41s, which should I go for or is there any other good headsets out there that work on both 360 and PS3 thanks.

I just got a set of the Px21s, haven't tried them with the Xbox yet as I already have a set of X11s but the Px21s seem great and pretty much the same as the x11s. Bit gutted I got the X11s a few months ago now because the 21s work so easily with both!

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I just got a set of the Px21s, haven't tried them with the Xbox yet as I already have a set of X11s but the Px21s seem great and pretty much the same as the x11s. Bit gutted I got the X11s a few months ago now because the 21s work so easily with both!

Were did you get them from, I can't find them on Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Were did you get them from, I can't find them on Amazon?

I got 'em from videogamesplus.ca took about a week to arrive. Ah just checked the webiste there, they're out of stock. I had a job finding them actually. Most places seem out of stock.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Holy jasus, those x41's are some price!!!!
    Dunworth, do you know if game are still doing that price of €60 for the x11's ?
    may look at getting them, but I'd need a convincing demo of them though tbh, like if the shop had a set out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Lenny wrote: »
    Holy jasus, those x41's are some price!!!!
    Dunworth, do you know if game are still doing that price of €60 for the x11's ?
    may look at getting them, but I'd need a convincing demo of them though tbh, like if the shop had a set out!

Seriously, you don't need a demo! If you consider yourself a gamer, then you need a gaming headset, it's as simple as that. No matter how good your TV/sound system is, it won't be as sharp or immersive an experience as wearing a decent gaming headset.

Buy the best gaming headset you can afford/justify and you won't regret it.

The x11's are entry level price, excellent value and give high quality stereo sound through a wired connection. Only go up in the price range if surround sound or wireless is something you require.

Now stop messing about and treat yourself... ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I could afford 10 pairs of each of them.. its the justifying it I wouldn't be too sure about lol!
    I'd just be a tad bit embarrassed at telling people how much they cost
    yea raze was ranting about them the other night which got me interested!

I could afford 10 pairs of each of them.. its the justifying it I wouldn't be too sure about lol!

Yeah, I sold Raze my old set of wired Trittons. Have a set of x4's and a fairly new set of x41's. I'm completely sold on gaming headsets :o

Trust me, if you have the cash spare, get yourself the x41's! You'll justify the cost within the first few minutes of wearing them and will instantly regret not getting them earlier!!!

You don't have to tell anyone what they cost ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

+1 on the headset thing.

I got some Astro A40s (with Mixamp) for my birthday a few months back, couldn't do without them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

ha was fair funny. Ah yeah but if i do i'll be a total nerd. 2 minutes later lenny gets the 5 day insignia ha

• Advertisement

Just a quick question! I just got a new TV and am planning on mounting it in my bedroom, if I were getting a pair of Turtle Beach px21s would I have to sit close to the TV if I wanted to wear them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Just a quick question! I just got a new TV and am planning on mounting it in my bedroom, if I were getting a pair of Turtle Beach px21s would I have to sit close to the TV if I wanted to wear them?

A quick Google reveals you'd have to sit no more than 16 feet from the TV
    http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efpx21/specifications.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

Have been contemplating getting a good headset for a while, and i think ill probably go with the PX21's . Unfortunatly i haven't been able to find anywhere online that does them for a reasonable price. Does anyone know if Game or gamestop also sell this headset? Would possibly pay a little bit extra considering i could pick them up soon.

EDIT: After much research and back and forth thinking i am going to go for the X11's i couldn't justify spending more on a simple headset! i know im missing out on the surround sound but really i think £149 is just far to much no matter how good the quality of the product. Just have until they are delivered now. Oh Amazon are selling the X11's for £43 delivered if anyone is also interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Cheers buddy, just pre-ordered the X11's on Amazon, works out about €50.50 delivered, excellent price. Not too bothered that they aren't wireless or surround-sound, meant to be more comfortable to wear compared to the old X1's. Main advantage is to be able to ramp up the volume late at night without disturbing anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Cheers buddy, just pre-ordered the X11's on Amazon, works out about €50.50 delivered, excellent price. Not too bothered that they aren't wireless or surround-sound, meant to be more comfortable to wear compared to the old X1's. Main advantage is to be able to ramp up the volume late at night without disturbing anyone.

You will not be dissapointed, essential for playing MW2 type games.
    Difference is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Sorry to drag this up again. I'm thinking of grabbing a pair of these but really want the wireless feature. anyone have any experience with the X31? do these require batteries? i have rechargeable AA batteries so would ideally like something that takes them to take the AA. Anyone got any recommendations?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

djkeogh wrote: »
    Sorry to drag this up again. I'm thinking of grabbing a pair of these but really want the wireless feature. anyone have any experience with the X31? do these require batteries? i have rechargeable AA batteries so would ideally like something that takes them to take the AA. Anyone got any recommendations?
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055937004

Read my posts there. That should answer all your questions.:cool:

So I went and bought a pair of the x41's :o
    **waits for slagging to come from Raze**
    Had a few quid to spare, or maybe more money than sense.
    but anyway, I am just wondering what way the connection is going to work.. or do I need to get anymore wires
    I have my xbox connected to the tv via hdmi. the xbox has no sound outputs on the back
    So will I be connecting the wireless router to the optical output of the tv?
    is that wire included if I will be doing that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

What I did was get the original tv connector that came with the xbox, it's the one with the 6 different connectors on one end (green, blue, red etc.). It's got an optical port on the xbox end, so to use it and HDMI together you crack off the plastic and you can fit them both into the xbox at the same time.

Doubt your tv would pass through the 5.1 signal tbh.
    Here's a youtube of some ginger kid doing it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FptCB_3DOz4&feature=fvw

yea was just talking to someone online about it saying to use the component.. I don't fancy doing that as I think the hdmi looks better, ill check that out what you said,
    I only got the tv 15 months ago.. cost was €1,500..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Just to drag this up again. Im looking at the logitech wirless G930. Does anyone have any experience with this model. I'm a little bit wary about it being wireless as i fear some of the sound quality may be lost due to this.
    Also does anyone know if it is compatible with both the 360 and the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

does anyone know if the turtle's x41 etc can be used if you use the VGA cable for video/sound?

How would they connect for best audio expirience?

ntlbell wrote: »
    does anyone know if the turtle's x41 etc can be used if you use the VGA cable for video/sound?

How would they connect for best audio expirience?

It comes with a fibre optic cable. Just plug that straight into the base station unit and the other end into the fibre optic output on your normal xbox lead. Simple as that. No better sound quality possible. Enjoy

Advertisement