Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Challenge Cup Thread.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

It was an absolutely bizarre game. Almost like Wire had some sort of voodoo over the Giants. Brett Hodgson made more mistakes in one game than I've seen him make all season. The Huddersfield pack just failed to show up, and all this from the team with the best defence in the SL? Freakish stuff. Some of the tries they conceeded weren't worthy of a U14 team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Saints comfortable against Harlequins. They lead 22 10 deep into the game. Hoping Catalan make a game of it against the welsh. Edit: Catalan lead the Crusaders by 30 points to 6, time for some soccer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Catlans and Crusaders, what a bizarre match!

amacachi wrote: »
    Catlans and Crusaders, what a bizarre match!

Terrible game, one of the worst top flight games I've seen in a while. So much fundamentally wrong with either team. Defensively appalling, some shockingly poor skill levels especially passing, and the kicking games, especially the Crusaders...dire. Catalans have lucked out getting Batley/fax next round, but reckon that'll be the end of their run.

Desperately disappointing weekend of televised rugby.

toomevara wrote: »
    Desperately disappointing weekend of televised rugby.

Aye, wasn't the showcase I was hoping for.
    Couple of flashes of brilliance from Crusaders though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

SSN and the Halifax Courier (!!!) are reporting Halifax have been kicked out of the Challenge Cup for fielding ineligible player (Michael Ostick) in 4th round , so presumably Swinton will now get a crack at Batley in the postponed 5th round tie?

dooferoaks wrote: »
    SSN and the Halifax Courier (!!!) are reporting Halifax have been kicked out of the Challenge Cup for fielding ineligible player (Michael Ostick) in 4th round , so presumably Swinton will now get a crack at Batley in the postponed 5th round tie?

I'd assume it'll be a bye for Batley, though I'd like to see Swinton get a shot.

Fax have suspended their coach in the wake of their ejection from the cup.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/8670949.stm

Saturday, 29 May 2010

Leeds v Wigan, 14:30. *BBC 1*
    Batley v Catalans Dragons, 17:30.
    St Helens v Barrow, 15:00.

Sunday, 30 May 2010

Bradford v Warrington, 15:30 *BBC 2*

Massive game for Leeds/Wigan. Batley Targeting an upset against out of form/injury hit Dragons. Sunday's game should be an interesting one with the game's form team up against Bradford. Will Bradford have their playmakers back...if not may have a grim afternoon.

• Advertisement

Peacock not keeping up with Tomkins there. :D

Thought I heard the referee saying it was a knock on by Leeds (which it was), so why weren't there 5 to go instead of a handover? :S

Jaysus I didn't realise Lazarus was playing Rugby in Leeds.:rolleyes:

Saints, Leeds, Catalans and Bradford/Warrington for the semis. Whoever wins today the semis look great.

Fancy Warrington today, though it really could go either way. Would hope it's a different type of match from yesterday tbh though.

Leeds/Wigan game was a real dogfight, very strange affair. We did just enough to get through...First half Bulls/Wire enjoyable. Strange though, crazy momentum swing/ First twenty all Warrington, even looked at times to be toying with the Bulls, but siNce then Bradford right back into it, L'Estrange and Orford combining very, very well indeed. Tipping Bradford to shade it with the wind in the second....

toomevara wrote: »
    Leeds/Wigan game was a real dogfight, very strange affair. We did just enough to get through...First have Bulls/Wire enjoyable. Strange though, crazy momentum swing/ First twenty all Warrington, even looked at times to be toying with thE Bulls, but siNce then Bradford right back into it, L'Estrange and Orford combining very, very well indeed. Tipping Bradford to shade it with the wind in teh second....

How long's gone? Stupid BBC NI still yapping about the GAA. Bad enough it went to extra time, they just won't STFU.

• Advertisement

Platt there could do with some of my coaching. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

amacachi wrote: »
    How long's gone? Stupid BBC NI still yapping about the GAA. Bad enough it went to extra time, they just won't STFU.

this was unbelievably frustrating. Missed the whole of the first half cause of it. :mad:

Cracking, cracking game of rugby, real see-saw stuff and a massive battle. Both teams played some superb footy and one of those cliches, neither deserved to loose. Warrington played some real champagne stuff and it would have been easy for the Bulls to go into their shell, but they rose to the occasion, and were it not for a slow first quarter, I reckon they could have won the game. Really impressed with Menzies (how does he keep going?), Orford and L'Estrange. Frustrating year to be a Bulls fan, would have been nice to see them into the semis, but Wire have got to be the form team at the minute....

Advertisement