Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must have PS2 games

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Do you not feel like you're just buying the same games over and over again though? Seems a bit pointless to me. Just stick with the originals!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

o1s1n wrote: »
    Do you not feel like you're just buying the same games over and over again though? Seems a bit pointless to me. Just stick with the originals!

But it fills the empty void of my soul. I need these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭mondeo

Not having much luck finding any of these great games, same old sh!te sports games no matter where I go. If I see NHL hocky or Fifa football games again I'll drown myself, shelves are full of them. Mother of God!

Came across GTA III for a tenner though but I thought a tenner was too much for it. I should get it for a fiver somewhere else.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

i liked "sega classics" on ps2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

mondeo wrote: »
    Not having much luck finding any of these great games, same old sh!te sports games no matter where I go
    Your best bet is to get a bundle of games on adverts or get them on eBay.

• Advertisement

Game on Dawson Street in Dublin still have a okish selection and it isn't all sports games either. I've heard Gamestop out in Santry is the holy grail, that's Gamestop's HQ and is probably well stocked with everything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Augmerson wrote: »
    Game on Dawson Street in Dublin still have a okish selection and it isn't all sports games either. I've heard Gamestop out in Santry is the holy grail, that's Gamestop's HQ and is probably well stocked with everything.

Not anymore, was in there last week. PS2 section reduced to about 2 shelves and filled with nothing really interesting at all. Plenty of LMA manager and outdated PES and Fifas if youlike them. Might be some gems hidden there but nothing popped out at me.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not anymore, was in there last week. PS2 section reduced to about 2 shelves and filled with nothing really interesting at all. Plenty of LMA manager and outdated PES and Fifas if youlike them. Might be some gems hidden there but nothing popped out at me.

Feck :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Picked up Tony Hawk's 4 the other day in a charity shop for three quid.

Well playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Had a look through some of the ps2 games my mam picked up for me in that recycling centre. Second Sight seemed really interesting for 5 or 10 minutes. Then the oul repetition/bordom set in. :(

So I turned that off and put my Megadrive on instead. Revenge of Shinobi. Died twice on the waterfall level.

All consoles were switched off and I left the room in a huff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nope, Santry is most definitely not GS's HQ.
    They have a head office and warehouse alright but it's no where near Santry.
    They don't really have a main store anymore, the closest to a flagship store is the one in the Stephens Green centre.
    The shop in Santry is a long way from it's prime to be honest, the stores I frequent are the likes on Clare Hall and Donamede, not to mention the Swords Pavilion.

If you go to the more "provincial" stores you may have better luck in finding PS2 stock.

I had a look in Game in the Ilac Centre and they seemed to have some interesting PS2 games, as does the aforementioned Clare Hall store.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Had a look through some of the ps2 games my mam picked up for me in that recycling centre. Second Sight seemed really interesting for 5 or 10 minutes. Then the oul repetition/bordom set in. :(

So I turned that off and put my Megadrive on instead. Revenge of Shinobi. Died twice on the waterfall level.

All consoles were switched off and I left the room in a huff.

Used to happen to me a lot especially when games were harder. I'd start up probotector trying to beat it and losing a life early in the first level. the Megadrive wouldn't be touched for the rest of the day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Suikoden V,Okami,FF X, S.F. Alpha anthology, Tekken 5(Includes Tekken 1,2,3 as a bonus.) and Dragon Quest 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭mondeo

I came across ford racing 3 today? Is that any good? Didn't buy it though incase it was rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

mondeo wrote: »
    Not having much luck finding any of these great games, same old sh!te sports games no matter where I go. If I see NHL hocky or Fifa football games again I'll drown myself, shelves are full of them. Mother of God!

Came across GTA III for a tenner though but I thought a tenner was too much for it. I should get it for a fiver somewhere else.:rolleyes:

Scandalous! Gamestop used to charge about 4 quid for GTA 3 secondhand and at some point in the last 6months to a year they decided it was "worth" a tener! Bloody bizarre. I got it for a fiver ina charity shop. I regreted trading it in years ago. Same with my Smackdown 3 Just Bring It especially as that had the old WWF logo.

I saw said WWF game in Gamestop for €5... a few games behind it I found the exact same said game for .99c!!!
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nope, Santry is most definitely not GS's HQ.
    They have a head office and warehouse alright but it's no where near Santry.
    They don't really have a main store anymore, the closest to a flagship store is the one in the Stephens Green centre.
    The shop in Santry is a long way from it's prime to be honest, the stores I frequent are the likes on Clare Hall and Donamede, not to mention the Swords Pavilion.

If you go to the more "provincial" stores you may have better luck in finding PS2 stock.

I had a look in Game in the Ilac Centre and they seemed to have some interesting PS2 games, as does the aforementioned Clare Hall store.

Henry St is their main branch is it not? I used to think it was the Liffey St branch as I thought Gamestop was just grown out of Gamesworld that used to be there. I found Sniper Elite for about 6/7quid in that Liffey St shop on PS2 last year. Some worker bloke was digging through some old PS2 stock in the back.

I'd say the heyday of PS2 second hand games is well and truly over now. Now shall begin the depression setting is that is people either binning stuff or leaving it in an attic! Soon enough Gamestop et al will stop trading PS2 games so it'll all be lost forver.

It doesn't help us that all the game shops in Ireland have always and still do offer pathetic paltry amounts on trade ins.
    Fidelis wrote: »
    Your best bet is to get a bundle of games on adverts or get them on eBay.

Problem with Adverts is there's people either buying up games to sell them on or there's some people that are convinced their PS2 phat launch with a controller, memory card a dozen games (the usuals!) is absolutely worth at least €150!

We're a nation of scopions and foxes....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The original Gamestop store was the on Abbey St, in the back of Chapters, it was under where the tattoo place is, just a counter with a few shelves of Snes and Megadrive games.
    Back then it was called Gamesworld of course!
    Then they opened the Liffey St shop and put their offices in the basement beneath, nefore moving the offices upstairs over the shop, on the 2nd floor.
    The space beneath was then used as storage, although the Official Playstation Magazine Ireland was based there for a time as well.
    But quickly they expanded, they opened a series of shops before being bought by Gamestop, and the rest is history.

On a brighter note, they are talking about a return to renting games, which would be cool, given the amount of folk that finish the likes of Bioshock in a couple of hours.

Gamestop on Henry St have Neo Contra for €18. Seems very excessive, where do they get their prices from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭sengoku

I found this pic helpful when deciding on a new game.

Problem with Adverts is there's people either buying up games to sell them on or there's some people that are convinced their PS2 phat launch with a controller, memory card a dozen games (the usuals!) is absolutely worth at least €150!

We're a nation of scopions and foxes....

There is a lot of people trying to sell on their PS2's right now, alot of people being very unrealistic about what they can get for them. I've seen prices on adverts that were closer to the actual retail price 4 years back when the PS2 still had a leg to stand on.
    Sengoku wrote:
    I found this pic helpful when deciding on a new game.

That's not a bad chart.

There is a lot of people trying to sell on their PS2's right now, alot of people being very unrealistic about what they can get for them. I've seen prices on adverts that were closer to the actual retail price 4 years back when the PS2 still had a leg to stand on.

Yeah I don't get it at all! Trying to sell PS2 phat with a few games for a hundred euro?! What planet are these people on! The gas thing is they'll refuse any genuine offers and take offense and then not sell the thing and eventually it'll either get thrown out or be left gathering dust. As long as you're getting more than what a game shop will offer then people should be jumping at the chance!

Is this how so many other consoles and games ended up lying in people's attics? They couldn't sell them on for near what they paid for them and weren't getting good trade in so thought "f-ck it, it can stay in the attic"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

You'd think some of the people trying to sell PS2's would at least look at the other ads. There are bundles with loads of games going for €50 and less, yet people put up their PS2 with a copy of FIFA and expect over €100. How can you be so oblivious to reality???

I picked up a PS2 on adverts for €30 with 3 pads, FFX, Silent Hill3 and about 6 other games (including a fifa of course) for €30. It pays to be patient, some people are just dying to clear space as opposed to make money. I like them.

I just scoured through about 10 pages of Paystation ads - 60ads per page. I saw a few games here and there but I suppose it's hard to convince someone to travel to meet you for a fiver's worth of a game!

The gas thing with them overpriced PS2 ads is, they'll get one or two offers that they reject and then the ad lies idle and drifts away and the damn thing isn't sold

Advertisement