Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''The Fortunate Sons''

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

"The Fortunate Sons" is terrible.

Sure it makes it sound like they're lucky to be wrestlers at all and wouldn't have made it if their aul lads weren't wrestlers. Sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,695 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How about "The Million Dollar Perfectioni$t$"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

flahavaj wrote: »
    "The Fortunate Sons" is terrible.

Sure it makes it sound like they're lucky to be wrestlers at all and wouldn't have made it if their aul lads weren't wrestlers. Sh*te.

I think they're coming from a "We've lived a life of luxury while you peons have slummed it" angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Well there is no doubting that - its just a stupid name, which as I said earlier does not put them over even slightly.

Legacy is a far superior name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

+1 for Legacy thats a very cool name that makes them seem important, Whilst Forunate Sons makes them sound pathetic

• Advertisement

Without wanting to harp ont he topic, that as a faction mae even makes them sound like the second coming of the Mean Street Posse whose sole gimmick was that they were rich (and friends with Shane McMahon?) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

gimmick wrote: »
    Without wanting to harp ont he topic, that as a faction mae even makes them sound like the second coming of the Mean Street Posse whose sole gimmick was that they were rich (and friends with Shane McMahon?) :rolleyes:

I wouldnt mind if they went with some sort of ''rich'' or even ''fortunate'' :p angle. Ted being the leader can tap into his fathers money and buy anything he wants? Everyone has a price and all that jazz.

Actually Ted or Brett should take on the moniker of Billion doller man :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

+1 for Legacy thats a very cool name that makes them seem important, Whilst Forunate Sons makes them sound pathetic

I thought Priceless was a so much cooler name in fairness, was gutted they just took the Legacy name as their only one. Even the theme song was lethal "Yeahhhh I'm Priceless"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

i half expected ted and cody to push for the ic or us title next and move up

i like the idea of the million dollar man back as their manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Mean Sreet Posse was the first thing that came to my mind as well. God be with those days! But just because the gimmick didnt get MSP over doesn't mean its a bad gimmick. People hate rich private school college fraternity types. These days are a bit different from the 90's what with money being so tight for a lot of people.

• Advertisement

You could have said the same about The Spirit Squad. people hate those types as well, and look at them now? Only one still employed by WWE? It was a terrible gimmick, much like MSP, and much like this new thing will be also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

You could have said the same about The Spirit Squad. people hate those types as well, and look at them now? Only one still employed by WWE? It was a terrible gimmick, much like MSP, and much like this new thing will be also.

The Spirit Squad were really over as heels though...

Maybe for the first month or so, but after that, they were just fodder for DX, and served no other purpose whatsoever.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I dont think they will be treated as a joke to the same extent as MSP oe the SS tbh, yes its a worry that they might just be treated like they were back at their priceless/early legacy stage but i think the fact that Ted has got the million dollar belt, is getting promo / match time and has his dad with him would ensure that they are given more of a chance than those they are being likened to atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

The Spirit Squad were male cheerleaders. That sort of gimmick doesnt have the legs "snotty rich kids who've had everything easy" has, because male cheerleaders aren't something the common man has a relationship to. I'd never even heard of the concept before the Spirit Squad.

Besides, MSP and SS didnt go anywhere because of booking, not the gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Don't ask me to find the interview again because I'm sure there are hundreds from after Marine 2 came out, but he said that Brett was the one who always wanted to be a wrestler and he just kind of went along with it because he didn't want to let down his family name.

I read that interview too and was surprised. Particularly since, when Ted Jr was getting into wrestling, his father openly said he didn't want that to happen.

Advertisement