Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jungle, D&B, Dubstep, Breaks Thread...

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Another from Seba... lovely atmospheric D&B.

Dangerous Days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Another from Seba... lovely atmospheric D&B.

Dangerous Days

Amazing tune! Most of the stuff on Warm Communications is gold if you like your atmospheric stuff, have a root around for Martsman's remix of Angelzero's "Recess" - not on Youtube though :(

Here's some more classic Seba from the last few years:

Great Loxy & 2Shy set from April last year! Probably my favourite set of 2009, deep dark rolling tribal aggression, loads of old classic thrown in for good measure as well. Loxy is pushing it forward like noone else these days and 2Shy is one of the best hosts in the business.

Really excited to be supporting these lads in the Twisted Pepper next Friday!

http://www.reprisemusicgroup.com/agency/audio/Loxy_Hardware_April_2009.mp3

Amazing tune! Most of the stuff on Warm Communications is gold if you like your atmospheric stuff, have a root around for Martsman's remix of Angelzero's "Recess" - not on Youtube though :(

Yeah love this, exactly the type of stuff I'd be keen to hunt down. The first minute or so could be a Klaus Schulze or Tangerine Dream tune!

Actually while browsing around last night I found a net label with lots of free releases... all 320kbps, some very nice stuff in what I've listened to so far.

http://www.materializmrecordings.com/

• Advertisement

Yeah love this, exactly the type of stuff I'd be keen to hunt down. The first minute or so could be a Klaus Schulze or Tangerine Dream tune!

Actually while browsing around last night I found a net label with lots of free releases... all 320kbps, some very nice stuff in what I've listened to so far.

http://www.materializmrecordings.com/

Ah yes - Materializm are quality all right! The last release by a chap called "Enjoy" is very good.

Another great free netlabel (well, they started off as one but sell CD's now as well, and there's talk of vinyl in the months ahead) is Absys - bunch of Dublin-based Polish guys run it, regular guest on my radio show and they've put out some great stuff over the years - check out the Amháin EP, (a free showcase of Irish productions) and the free release by Ultracode.

http://absysrec.com/

Ah yes - Materializm are quality all right! The last release by a chap called "Enjoy" is very good.

Another great free netlabel (well, they started off as one but sell CD's now as well, and there's talk of vinyl in the months ahead) is Absys - bunch of Dublin-based Polish guys run it, regular guest on my radio show and they've put out some great stuff over the years - check out the Amháin EP, (a free showcase of Irish productions) and the free release by Ultracode.

http://absysrec.com/

Yeah was listening to that release earlier by Enjoy, very good alright. Another that jumped out at me was 'Future Drifting' by ThinKing. Wading my way through the rest of them now.

Cool, will check out that other label too. Never bothered really with free music online before but it seems there is a lot of quality stuff out there.

There really is, I mean lots of it is stuff that is either too niche for a commercial release or else stuff from producers who aren't quite ready for the big time, but the weakening of the vinyl market has mean thtat for better or for worse there's more and more and more quality good stuff being given away all the time, and netabels seem to fill a valuable niche in curating them all and maintaining a webspace for them to be available in perpetuity.

There really is, I mean lots of it is stuff that is either too niche for a commercial release or else stuff from producers who aren't quite ready for the big time, but the weakening of the vinyl market has mean thtat for better or for worse there's more and more and more quality good stuff being given away all the time, and netabels seem to fill a valuable niche in curating them all and maintaining a webspace for them to be available in perpetuity.

I'll definitely be hunting down more, I suppose there is a lot of crap out there too given the amount of people producing and how easy then it is to be online somewhere offering it for free.

http://www.clubautonomic.com

I can not recommend this series of mixes by Instra:Mental and D:Bridge highly enough; there's ten on the site with two more to come, if you heard their recent Fabric Live mix then you'll sort of know what to expect from these guys, and if you don't you should check it all out immediately. Each one starts off with two short "influences" mixes followed by a 45 minute mix of new material followed by another short "influences" mix. - expect everything from Drexciya to Tangerine Dream to Shackleton to Shed, synth epics, 80's b-boy jams and Warp-y electronica.

• Advertisement

http://www.clubautonomic.com

I can not recommend this series of mixes by Instra:Mental and D:Bridge highly enough; there's ten on the site with two more to come, if you heard their recent Fabric Live mix then you'll sort of know what to expect from these guys, and if you don't you should check it all out immediately. Each one starts off with two short "influences" mixes followed by a 45 minute mix of new material followed by another short "influences" mix. - expect everything from Drexciya to Tangerine Dream to Shackleton to Shed, synth epics, 80's b-boy jams and Warp-y electronica.

Jaysus talk about a good sell! You should write the sales reviews for boomkat... I'm drooling at that description!

Not a whole lotta dubstep in here yet... I only picked up the first Burial album a couple of weeks ago and for that I should hang my head in shame.

Anyway, here's one of the many stunning tracks from it.

Southern Comfort.

Now I need to get his 2nd album.

Now I need to get his 2nd album.

Yep! You do!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭francois

francois wrote: »

There's a fair amount of bargain bin rubbish in there to be fair, you've no indication of what kind of nick any of the tunes are in either, and none of that stuff is particularly "RARE"... The vast majority of the good older stuff seems to be on repress labels too.

You'd be better off trawling through the tunes on Youtube and seeing whether you like them or not, having said that there's a few pretty decent classic late Jungle / early Jumpup tunes in there.

Got the D-Bridge & Instra:Mental Fabric mix today, quality stuff alright... listened to most of it in the car on the way home from work, had to raise an eyebrow at one point when I thought it was going a bit autotune/R&B'ish but it worked and didn't last too long!

Got the D-Bridge & Instra:Mental Fabric mix today, quality stuff alright... listened to most of it in the car on the way home from work, had to raise an eyebrow at one point when I thought it was going a bit autotune/R&B'ish but it worked and didn't last too long!

Oh and just to add, I had to decide between this and the 2nd Burial album... went with this on the basis of having only bought the other Burial a couple of weeks ago...

Ha, yeah I know the tune you mean, i think! Yeah, it's a really nice mix that, they're really onto something I think... Nice to see them casting themselves as "electronic musicians who write at 140 / 170 bpm" and reaching out to an audience beyond DnB....

Love this, on the shopping list now as I need the 12". Fck me the vinyl bug has bitten hard again!

Appleblim & Peverelist - Over Here

http://www.discogs.com/Appleblim-And-Peverelist-Soundboys-Ashes-Get-Hacked-Up-And-Spat-Out-In-Disgust-EP/release/1248122

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Weasel88

scuba is tooo sick!
    playin twisted pepper on june 3rd!! heres details

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055906380&highlight=scuba+dubstep

• Advertisement

Love this, on the shopping list now as I need the 12". Fck me the vinyl bug has bitten hard again!

Appleblim & Peverelist - Over Here

http://www.discogs.com/Appleblim-And-Peverelist-Soundboys-Ashes-Get-Hacked-Up-And-Spat-Out-In-Disgust-EP/release/1248122

Yep - pretty much everything on Skull Disco is buy-on-sight material. They've shut the label down now but you can still pick up both the CD compilations handily enough.

Appleblim's "Applepips" label is also home to many gems, everything from Techno to Dubstep to post-Garage.

Yep - pretty much everything on Skull Disco is buy-on-sight material. They've shut the label down now but you can still pick up both the CD compilations handily enough.

Appleblim's "Applepips" label is also home to many gems, everything from Techno to Dubstep to post-Garage.

Yeah I picked up this one also on the Applepips label from Hard Wax during the week (awaiting the delivery!), mentioned it too in the recent electro thread... I fkcing love this! Been in my head since I first heard it. On first listen I was a bit iffy about the vocal but it has really grown on me.

Instra:Mental - Leave It All Behind

Yeah I picked up this one also on the Applepips label from Hard Wax during the week (awaiting the delivery!), mentioned it too in the recent electro thread... I fkcing love this! Been in my head since I first heard it. On first listen I was a bit iffy about the vocal but it has really grown on me.

Instra:Mental - Leave It All Behind

Great 12" that is, check out the Instra:mental remix of Mt Kimbie on Hotflush as well:

And their first ever techno outing on Irish Dubstep imprint [nakedlunch]

Love this from the D-Bridge & Instra:mental Fabriclive.

Code 3 - Living Proof

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭molloyjazz

cool thread.. used to be big into this **** back in the day.. i like the intelligent/jazzy stuff here's an example of what i like...

Very nice, cheers... must look into more from Peshay.

Very nice, cheers... must look into more from Peshay.

Yeah, I wasn't really a fan of that "Miles From Home" album I must say, and he fell off even harder after that IMO.

Most of the stuff he did before 97-ish was on a whole other level though, some incredible productions... He got hit by the FAIL-stick every bit as hard as all the other heads of his generation did though, which was a shame.

Here's some favourites:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭molloyjazz

bit of a commericial one here.. but its got that style i like.. jazzy!

^ yeah, not as bad as I remember that album being I must say, and that tune sure did get caned back in the day, remember hearing it on an old Shy FX mix off some canadian radio station in Toronto and the MC's just going nuts for it!

If you like jazzy tunes this one is the daddy though:

• Advertisement

Yeah, I wasn't really a fan of that "Miles From Home" album I must say, and he fell off even harder after that IMO.

Most of the stuff he did before 97-ish was on a whole other level though, some incredible productions... He got hit by the FAIL-stick every bit as hard as all the other heads of his generation did though, which was a shame.

Yeah I looked up that 'Miles from Home' album last night and the ratings were pretty poor (well, less than 4!) on discogs, they tend to be a good indication.

I did like that track though and the jazzy elements. Will have a listen to those you recommended too...

Advertisement