Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine service in Dublin 15

Options
  • 09-04-2010 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I signed up to imagine wireless phone and internet service just over a week ago. I was promised speeds of 7 gigs? (or whatever). They recently placed a transmitter on the big aeriel in Coolmine.

Download speed was fine for about two or three days but for the past week it's been as slow as a wet week. I contacted technical support who have so far been unable to do anything about it. I am now considering going back to Eircon/Vod

Anyone else having problems with their speed?

Murt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

i had it for 5 days and it was rubbish and it blocks torrents so i cancelled it. if i had the option on eircom id have it anyday at least its reliable and fast. i wish i could get ntl or eircom i am on digiweb mobile crud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

We trialed the wiimax from imagine and gave it back.
    The speeds were far from what we were promised, we still have our old wireless package with radio antenna which carried over from Irish Broadband.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

yes I had nothing but trouble with it. ALso i had a job canceling it and getting a refund for a BB service that i never got. Im still chaseing them over that money 2 months later. Avoid me thinks...

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

I signed up 4 weeks ago-they told me my fax machine would work fine and it doesn't.They suggested I go out and buy a new fax and see if that worked and then return it to the shop for a refund which I would be entitled to under consumer law.That was the best they could do for me.I am in the process of moving to NTL/UPC.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

That's one of the crappiest pieces of customer service advice I've heard so far!!
    If it wasn't causing you such hassle it would be funny!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I got a call about it, but the vibe on Boards wasn't encouraging about latency, so I didn't go ahead with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Our 7Mb package:
    780275751.png

The wiimax boxes just seem to be rip(off)wave repackaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I saw them outside lidl for a while alright,
    I have 15mb BB with NTL and here is what i am getting

780658600.png

We are on the older package the Breeze from when they were still Irish broadband and the wii max connection was pants in comparison and frankly not broadband.

Currently
    780695867.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Murt10

I'm still with Imagine. They seem to have eventually partly sorted out my problem. It's now faster than Vodafone (previously BT) was.

I was also promised by Imagine that my speeds would be upgraded within the next week or so. We'll see !!!

Currently

781485768.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

We have Eircom broadband, can be OK but performance varies very widely and can be really slow at certain times, esp. in the early evenings. And this morning by the looks of it.
    781782783.png

Murt10 wrote: »
    I'm still with Imagine. They seem to have eventually partly sorted out my problem. It's now faster than Vodafone (previously BT) was.

I was also promised by Imagine that my speeds would be upgraded within the next week or so. We'll see !!!

Currently

781485768.png

Phone line or wireless?
    Gaspode wrote: »
    We have Eircom broadband, can be OK but performance varies very widely and can be really slow at certain times, esp. in the early evenings. And this morning by the looks of it.
    781782783.png

That would be contention, it's the business on the exchange in the morning and people when they get home in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Murt10

Wireless.

And currently

783439471.png

Just had a call today advising me of charges of approx €150 because they messed up and did not deliver what they promised as in "No Problem Faxing"

Avoid Wi-Max like the plague>

BostonB wrote: »
    I got a call about it, but the vibe on Boards wasn't encouraging about latency, so I didn't go ahead with it.

Congatulations on not going ahead

MOds

Can I suggest moving this thread to Consumer Issues to highlight it further???

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Phoenix3 wrote: »
    MOds

Can I suggest moving this thread to Consumer Issues to highlight it further???

Can I suggest the thread with 64 or so on it....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055709982

Advertisement