Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 2

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

dreamers75 wrote: »

Crysis 2 protagonist stars in:

"Crap Agent" - he'll be there in a minute!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Fnz wrote: »
    Crysis 2 protagonist stars in:

"Crap Agent" - he'll be there in a minute!

In fairness, he was reading an interesting pamphlet.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Crytek have stated if they can't get a feature to scale on to the consoles they will exclude it from the PC version even if it works fine on that platform. They added that such features are very rare.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2903/crytek-crysis-2-on-ps3360-forces-pc-cuts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Azza wrote: »
    Crytek have stated if they can't get a feature to scale on to the consoles they will exclude it from the PC version even if it works fine on that platform. They added that such features are very rare.

What a load of bollocks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Venom wrote: »
    What a load of bollocks :(

Fair play to them tbh... I'd rather they didn't cripple themselves by making games that are optimised to run on consoles which are almost 5 years old at this point.
    The PC should be setting the standard for the next gen of consoles, not being limited by the capabilities of the current gen consoles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

tman wrote: »
    The PC should be setting the standard for the next gen of consoles, not being limited by the capabilities of the current gen consoles.
    :confused: That's exactly what's happening, if something works on the PC but not on the console its removed from both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Right, that means we're getting a dumbed down POS that runs on a 3 year old pc,
    Meh tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Thats the reality though. 80% of the market is on consoles. If you want to make money nowdays and you aren't an RTS or MMO......you aim for the console market first.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Azza wrote: »

So, what then? What's "very rare" I wonder? Is DX11 out? No fancy use of tessellation or whatever? This makes one a sad panda.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Hmmm wasn't the biggest Crysis fan tbh after all the hype turned out to be a pretty standard fps.

The whole set up seems to be geared towards consoles in this one e.g being set in New York compared to lavish jungles.

All I can say is I can't see this being huge on Pc as they seemed to have turned their backs somewhat on that side of the market. Oh well I wont get it if it stinks.

• Advertisement

tman wrote: »
    Fair play to them tbh... I'd rather they didn't cripple themselves by making games that are optimised to run on consoles which are almost 5 years old at this point.

Read - comprehend - then post :rolleyes:

The PC version is losing features because 5 year old consoles cant hack it.

Maximilian wrote: »
    So, what then? What's "very rare" I wonder? Is DX11 out? No fancy use of tessellation or whatever? This makes one a sad panda.

At the very least :(

A 3 generation old (if not more) 8800GT owns the current consoles graphic wise so no need for current levels of hardware to run Crysis 2 it seems lol.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Maximilian wrote: »

It is slated to be a fully dx11 compliant engine, and since downscaling of dx11 features comes practically for free in the standard there is no technical reason why it shouldn't be in.

It is nothing that the uniengine for example is not doing already. The heaven benchmark will load in dx11 runtime mode on 10.1 hardware and automatically switch off tessselation and other features.

Hard to know exactly what he means by feature but i would imagine he is speaking at a much more fine grained level than direct x features

Advertisement