Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Translation needed for 1 sentence

Options
  • 07-04-2010 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone

I've to give a toast in Irish, would it be possible to get a translation for:

Jennifer congratulations you look beautiful and I wish you and Thomas every happiness for the future

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

http://translate.google.com/ does English to Irish, but I wouldn't know how precise it is.

Jennifer congratulations you look beautiful and I wish you and Thomas every happiness for the future
    becomes
    Jennifer comhghairdeas leat breathnú go hálainn agus is mian liom tú, agus Thomas gach sonas don todhchaí

Congratulations Jennifer you look beautiful and I wish you and Thomas every happiness for the future
    becomes
    Comhghairdeas Jennifer fhéachann tú go hálainn agus is mian liom tú, agus Thomas gach sonas don todhchaí

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

the_syco wrote: »
    I wouldn't know how precise it is.

Not very, unfortunately.

I'd say

=
    Comhghairdeas a Jennifer, tá tú go hálainn inniu, agus guím gach rath ortsa agus ar Thomás sa todhchaí.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

my take on it

Comhghairdeas a Jennifer, tá cuma álainn ort agus go raibh áthas an domhain ortsa agus ar Thomas amach anseo

Congratulations Jennifer, you look beautiful and may you and Thomas be really happy in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

hey guys thanks a million for the responses!

Advertisement