Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving own head

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I've been shaving my head now for 15 years:eek: and believe me it saves a you a lot of money. I don't even know how much it costs for a mens haircut these days, maybe it's just as well. I bought a Nicky Clarke razor a few years back and it's really fantastic. As another post said, just make sure you take off the blades to clean them and oil them as well.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I have been doing it for years now. Always hated going to the barbers (akin to going to the dentist ;))I seem to break somethings on the clippers though. First one it fell on the bathroom tiles, the next one the lowest cut guide just popped off the clippers one day and broke:confused:.Now I just use it without any guide on. Would prefer to have the hair a little longer, but what the heck. I also use a mirror behind another mirror to check the back too, great and saving money.

tight arse:)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Ye, it's cery easy to shave your own head. One sugestion though is to have someone take a look after you do it the first few times :P.

The fun part is when you start getting the back of your neck with the perfect shave. Bladed razor and shaving foam after using the clipper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭C_Dawg

I use a Gillette Mach 3 and King of Shaves shaving gel, every second day against the grain. It's very smooth and looks very clean and smart if you're anyway thinning on top :-)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Hmmm. All this mach 3 talk has me considering going back to that. The only thing I dislike about it is that 2 days in you're like flippin' velcro on the pillow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

questioner wrote: »
    looking at some of the daft haircuts about now makes me glad im bald, anyone for the faux hawk? im guessing cowboy may have had one of these particular doozies what with him being up on "de fashion" and all.

did those cowboys in breakback mountain have "fashionable " haircuts?
    OldGoat wrote: »
    And just what are you trying to imply with this messed up little statement?
    That care of your appearence is perhaps a gay trait?
    That cowboys herd sheep?
    Or that you simply forgot the name of the film?
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    It was a joke. Our cowboy friend implied that all bald people are scumbags, why didn't you feel the need to jump on that statement? Or is that okay in your eyes?
    OldGoat wrote: »
    D.R Cowboys thread (trollish as they were) are on topic and he implied that shaven heads make people look like what he conciders to ba a scumbag, NOT that baldies are scumbags.
    The questioner on the other hand attacked the poster rather then the post by assigning a fictious 'doozie' haircut and then using that breakback(sic) mountain analogy.

It's the implied 'fashionable = gay' theme of the statment that triggered my response. It's a huge bugbear with me. If he made that statment in the F&A forum (where this thread belongs) I'd have banned him - as per charter.
    I fail to see the humour in using 'Gay' as a jibe or a barb. "It's a joke" is no excuse. It offends my sensibalities and that was reason enough for me to point out what I concider to be a personal attack on another poster.

Back on topic: Bald is beautiful. Buy a clipper and don't forget to use suncream and/or a hat.

I'm only seeing all this now.....

Ok, firstly.......handbags at dawn not welcome. If people have an issue with a post, report it please, and we'll take a look.

OG, I can see where your coming from. In fact, I share your thought if I'm honest. I'm not a fan of "the ghey" nonsense that goes along with people who take an interest in their appearance etc etc. I do think that not all people share this, and many make jokes along this line, with no malice intended, its unfortunately an element of social conditioning. Nuff said, in future, hit report and we'll deal.

Theres an element of semantics and wording going on with the rest of it. Again, the same message, hit report and state what your concern is. We'll look into it.

On a final note, regarding a home for this thread. Yes, the argument exists that a good place would be FaP. I'd think there wil always be a crossover though between the fora. To my mind thats a good thing. I've moved threads before, and I will again. In this case, I'm thinking its a suitable thread for the tGC, mostly because its a "man" thing. Maybe it'll cross a line or something in the sand and be deemed necessary to move it. For now, lets leave it be and see what happens.

Cheers

MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Also, it might seem obvious but you probably won't realise it until it's too late, but your head will feel colder or feel the cold air a lot more after you shave your head for the first time. So beware.

The good thing is though, it allows you to buy a range of beanie/skull caps :)

Advertisement