Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live/Microsoft Points

Options
  • 05-04-2010 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Heya guys,

I'm wondering can I use my ATM/Lasercard to buy microsoft points on the Xbox Marketplace rather than having to physically walk into a gamestop and buy them that way??

I dont own a credit card but i do have a Payzone prepaid mastercard.

Any tips on if I can just use my AIB Laser card for this?

:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Heya guys,

I'm wondering can I use my ATM/Lasercard to buy microsoft points on the Xbox Marketplace rather than having to physically walk into a gamestop and buy them that way??

I dont own a credit card but i do have a Payzone prepaid mastercard.

Any tips on if I can just use my AIB Laser card for this?

:confused::confused:

Your better off using a 3v card and buying points off of a website that isnt microsoft as you can get them for way less then microsoft sells them for.
    Infact buying them straight off the xbox costs more then buying them out of the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭LimerickDan

any websites in particualr that you would recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

See sticky thread at the top of the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭LimerickDan

:confused:im very vey new to the whole thredd/sticky stuff so im gonna need sum explaining bout that?? :confused:

what is a sticky? ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

:confused:im very vey new to the whole thredd/sticky stuff so im gonna need sum explaining bout that?? :confused:

what is a sticky? ha

If you go back out to the main list of topic's under the xbox forum there are threads that have been "stickied" so as to keep them at the top in plain sight.

Or you could just click here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055846688

Live-codes.com is one I have used a bit, some accept paypal also if you have that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Evolute wrote: »
    Your better off using a 3v card and buying points off of a website that isnt microsoft as you can get them for way less then microsoft sells them for.
    Infact buying them straight off the xbox costs more then buying them out of the shop.

Off of xbox 1,000 ms = 12 euro
    out of shop , Smyths 14.99/ gamestop 12.99 .
    I havent seen any shop selling 1,000 points for cheaper than 12 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

xtra vision have the 2100 cards for €21.99 which isn't much more expensive than some of the online places

Advertisement