Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D TV; will it take off?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭lar77

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Will a conventional Blu-Ray player play 3D?

No, you'll need a new 3D Blu Ray player ...... the new samsung one is €379 or about €149 in a few months ...

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

The Sony BDPS370 is BD ready so awaiting firm ware upgraded in June probably 1080i

>Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I tested out the Samsung Series 7 LED 3D (UN40C7000) (€1,499) TV in pcworld in Jervis center today, they were playing a demo video with various scenes...sports,animation etc.

Not being a huge fan of even 3D cinema I though the demonstration was really great, there was a part with kids with waterpistols and the 3D effect of the water being sprayed at your face was fantastic, I actually flinched!

Neways, im not gonna be giving up my 40" LCD Samsung just yet, but If I found a bargain on the model above I may be tempted to upgrade sooner rather than later..... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

CombatCow wrote: »
    I tested out the Samsung Series 7 LED 3D (UN40C7000) (€1,499) TV in pcworld in Jervis center today,

you sure it was €1499?? i was under the impression that the 40" was €1999. going by the link you posted its £1799 sterling, which works out around €2K

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah, when I saw the price on the UK site I was surprised too, it was deffo €1499 instore today.

*He also told me an additional pair of glasses were €80

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Your probably right Moe. The set probably does not have the Glasses at that price ,so two glasses @ €80 each....
    I was toled there was a Sony set in or around that price to be released in the next few weeks.
    This might be interesting about the Glasses in HDD if any one is thinking about 3D.
    >Sol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

lar77 wrote: »
    No, you'll need a new 3D Blu Ray player ...... the new samsung one is €379 or about €149 in a few months ...

FFS. A con job. Glad I didn't buy a BR player yet.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

A glassless 3D system would be far better surely? Experimental versions already exist, but cost wise the technology may be up to 10 years away from a possible commercial launch according to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭trabpc

I have seen Avatar twice in the Cinema. Looked better 2nd time as I was Closer.

I belive the image needs to fill you whole Peripheral vision, as it immerses you more in the Film. But on anything smaller than 100" in the home, I can't see it working. I use a regular HD ready Projector with a 120" scren and I believe this is the only way in the home to view 3d content. anything smaller and you won't get the benefit.

(Sky 3d) I refuse to pay SKY a €15 sub a month just to view HD content. Should be made the norm now. although I love their new offer!!! of a free HD box ...just to temp you to paythe Sub.

So the idea of charging customes another €15 for 3D ... No thanks!

I am considering cancelling Sky €60 P/m and getting Free Sat.

So maybe 3D Blue ray is the way to go. However I have still refused to upgrade to Blue Ray. I unwilling to Pay the premium over DVD.

Slighty off point, 10 years ago I don't remember paying more for DVD than VHS. SO why pay more for 3D over Blue Ray, or Blue Ray over DVD etc. All this progression in technology should be evolutionary not an excuse to charge more.

It does seem it's another excuse to get people to upgrade to the latest/greatest.

It also seems some producers are deciding to release their fims shot in 2D in 3D. IS this really 3D.

Again Loved 3D in the Cinema. but less sure for home viewing.

I agree some of the Questions in the Poll are a bit stupid, also gave up on it.

Advertisement