Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

student pro-engineer

Options
  • 02-04-2010 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭

I see that student versions of both solidworks and autocad are available but is there a student version of pro-engineer out ?
    also how many computers can you run this software (student autocad + solidworks) on ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

rowa wrote: »
    I see that student versions of both solidworks and autocad are available but is there a student version of pro-engineer out ?
    also how many computers can you run this software (student autocad + solidworks) on ?

im not sure about the Pro-Engineer program in student, but try the autodesk site as for licences im sure there only supposed to be used on one pc at a time.. unless there is some deals they do, i dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

There is definitely a student version of Pro/e. I had a copy of it for college.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

The student version is mostly for colleges and they don't give out a free version and even the student version is expensive but not sure how many computers it works on, plus some parts wont convert properly from the full verison to the student version!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SwimFin

Herewith links for registration, if a student, and enter your college email address on registering:-

www.ptc.com/go/proeforschools

The Autodesk student community provides registered students with free access to different Autodesk applications.

http://students.autodesk.com/

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=register&und=624

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Also to Clarify, the licence file student edition of Pro E is locked to the motherboard of the computer upon which it is installed. To run it on my big computer at home, and my laptop I had to purchase 2 copies of the software/licence. Also of note, parts drawn in the student edition cannot be directly imported into the commercial edition. (HINT - at least they can't in .prt format! ;) )

• Advertisement
Advertisement