Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Jobs Available

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

6 Month Quality Engineer Contract.
    Medical Device Industry (Galway City).

Know anyone that would be interested?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

The company I work for in Canada asked me to see if I could help find ayone in Ireland who might fit this job description:

Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg, a division of Magellan Aerospace Limited, is presently seeking a highly motivated individual for the following position:

Intermediate or Senior Stress Engineer
    (Mechanical Engineering)

Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
    • Develop and document static strength methods, analysis and tests
    • Provide technical support for the development of aircraft components and certification programs
    • Provide technical support for the review and approval of engineering data
    • Provide technical support for the review / acceptance of non-conforming material
    • Present product analysis and report information to internal and external customers

Qualifications Include:
    • BSc or MSc in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from a recognized university
    • 5-15 years practical experience in design and stress analysis of primary / secondary aircraft structures and structural modifications, with related Aircraft /Aerospace structural integrity experience
    • Experience with classical methods of analysis as well as finite element techniques for sizing and checking of initial and final designs
    • Experience with design and analysis of metallic and composite airframe structures
    • Familiarity with the preparation of detailed stress analysis reports for aircraft certification
    • Experience with design / analysis software such as NASTRAN, PATRAN, UGNX and CATIA
    • Eligible for enrollment as an “Engineer in Training” or “Professional Engineer” with APEGM
    • Experience as Transport Canada (or other Civil Aviation Authority) Delegated Engineer for structures and knowledge of airworthiness regulations considered an asset
    • Experience with fatigue and damage tolerance analysis considered an asset

Skills Required:
    • The candidate must demonstrate the ability to work well in a team environment.
    • The candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills.
    • The candidate shall be able to think and solve problems efficiently and independently.

In accordance with our employment equity goals, applications are particularly encouraged
    from aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women.

Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.

PM me if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Graduate Electrical/Electronic Engineering positions are available in Siemens based in Frimley in the UK.

Job spec here:

https://jobsearch.siemens.biz/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=180321&company=Siemens&username=

Closing date 25th January.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

2 Materials Scientists/Engineer positions available at CREST, DIT.
    5 Year posts for experienced graduates.
    Further details here: http://crestdit.com/Vacancies.html
    Closing date: Jan 22nd

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mr potato head

The University of Sheffield Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC) are looking for a Project Engineer (Electronics) on a 12 month fixed-term contract.
    The role is part of a multidisciplinary team at the AMRC Design & Prototyping Group. The group works across a wide range of industries such as aerospace, energy, medical technology and consumer goods.

Job Details: Project Engineer (Electronics)
    Closing Date: 17th February 2015

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Openhydro have some opportunities in Dublin & Co. Louth:

⦁ Electrical design engineer
    ⦁ Electrical power conversion engineer
    ⦁ Senior electrical engineer
    ⦁ Senior controls engineer
    ⦁ Senior power engineer
    ⦁ Senior project engineer

The is an interesting and innovative company, there is no danger of being bored :)
    This would appeal to those that have a particular interest / experience in R & D.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭annfield1978

Looking for 2 * Resident Engineers for roads project in Donegal over the next 18 month, would require experience of administering a roads project using the public works contract. PM if interested for further details

Wanted: Principal / Staff Electronic Engineer

Permanent Position, Back-fill for Established Role

Role with Large Irish Medical Device Multinational Company Based in Galway

Diverse role as part of a strong multidisciplinary R&D team. Supporting a portfolio of complex Electro-Mechanical Medical Devices. Looking for a technically strong engineer, comfortable with learning new products and leading in problem solving environment. Project Management experience an added bonus.

6 Month Quality Engineer Contract.
    Medical Device Industry (Galway City).

Know anyone that would be interested?

Closed - Hired

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Closed - Hired

In one minute? :confused:
    Must have been a very short interview process :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

2011 wrote: »
    In one minute? :confused:
    Must have been a very short interview process :pac:

The quote was a different post from last September, for what appears to be a different position if you read it fully.

spideog7 wrote: »
    The quote was a different post from last September, for what appears to be a different position if you read it fully.

So are you suggesting that interview may have been longer? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Sorry if this is wrong place for this, but a good friend is looking to get some experience in an engineering job. He would be happy with job bridge even. He has recently obtained a first class honors degree in mechanical engineering from ITT as a mature student (mid 30s) and is finding it difficult to get experience. He is Dublin based but would be open to moving elsewhere in the country or indeed probably abroad for some experience. If anyone has any leads it would be great. Obviously if this is in the wrong place it should be moved, cheers folks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Do you work for them? Might pm you

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭argentum

CAD Design Technician

Looking for a CAD technician/ designer for a busy Storage equipment company in Dublin 12. Would be working on Pallet racking ,Mezzanine Floors and Shelving Layouts

Applicants must have experience of working with AutoCAD and ideally will have experience in our line of business

Minimum 2-3 yrs experience desirable.

PM me for further details

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kozsa

argentum wrote: »
    CAD Design Technician

Looking for a CAD technician/ designer for a busy Storage equipment company in Dublin 12. Would be working on Pallet racking ,Mezzanine Floors and Shelving Layouts

Applicants must have experience of working with AutoCAD and ideally will have experience in our line of business

Minimum 2-3 yrs experience desirable.

Hi, I can't PM you because I am new on Boards.
    This is my portfolio page: kkozsa.portfoliobox.me
    If you interested, email me at "kkozsa at gmail.com" and I will send you my cv and more details.
    Thank you.

Diverse role as part of a strong multidisciplinary R&D team. Supporting a portfolio of complex Electro-Mechanical Medical Devices. Looking for a technically strong engineer, comfortable with learning new products and leading in problem solving environment. Project Management experience an added bonus.

Still Open.

Halcrow Barry are currently recruiting for Senior Resident Engineer / Resident Engineer /Clerk of Works and Graduate Engineer positions for the Construction Administration & Supervision of Road Schemes in Galway, Donegal and Wexford.

Projects include N17/N18 Gort to Tuam PPP/ N59 Moycullen Bypass/ N56 Boyoughter to Kilkenny and N11 Enniscorthy Bypass

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Halcrow Barry are currently recruiting for Senior Resident Engineer / Resident Engineer /Clerk of Works and Graduate Engineer positions for the Construction Administration & Supervision of Road Schemes in Galway, Donegal and Wexford.

Projects include N17/N18 Gort to Tuam PPP/ N59 Moycullen Bypass/ N56 Boyoughter to Kilkenny and N11 Enniscorthy Bypass

Worked with Halcrow Barry in the past - they were shadow consultants monitoring my output on a project - they all seemed like nice, straightforward people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭michealkc

Still Open.

Hello.

Any need for newly qualified level 7 Biomedical Engineer during the summer months. Would be more than happy to assist as line operator providing holiday cover etc. I am a first class honours student and a hard worker. Thank you for reading this.
    Regards
    Micheal

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭michealkc

Still Open.

Hello.
    Any need for a newly qualified level 7 Biomedical Engineer for the summer months? I would be delighted to work as a line operator and cover for holidays etc. Thanks for reading.
    Regards
    Micheak

• Registered Users Posts: 23 denisob

Excellent job opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer with Solidworks experience in a heavy engineering environment.

Any questions drop me a pm.

ie.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=6fe2921c0bd00bac&q=Mechanical+Design+Engineer&tk=19idd9aad16th49r

Role has now been Filled.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Recruitment Open Day 29th April Red Cow Moran Hotel Dublin

Major road project in Aberdeen, Scotland.

See Attachment for further details.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tails142

Civil Engineering Technician with Waterways Ireland based in Coleraine

www.waterwaysireland.org/Pages/Job-Vacancy-Details.aspx?job-id=34

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Harp Renewables in Meath are looking for a Mech Eng Summer Intern, I saw their ad on LinkedIn

Looking for high quality Civil Engineering Graduates for busy consultancy firm(Predominately highways/ airports) in Dundrum with immediate start. PM with CV if interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Any recommendations for popular Engineering job sites? Have been checking indeed for the last few weeks but there must be more places.

I've completed a graduate program in the UK and looking for a move home soon. Ideally looking at Aerospace, Pharmaceutical, Renewable and Semiconductor industries.

Thank you!

Advertisement