Irish_Elect_Eng wrote: »
Do you want to make a real difference to people’s lives?
If so we have the following Open position in Engineering at Covidien, Galway.Electronic Engineer, R&D Sustaining Engineering Department.Responsibilities:
• Support plant production goals by resolving Electronic Engineering and related electronics issues as they arise in production.
• Support of customers by troubleshooting to root cause and resolving Electronic Engineering and related product issues as they arise in the field
• New Product Introduction and Product Transfer team member.
• Maintain the integrity and safety of the range of medical equipment with high electronic content.
• Design, verify, validate and implement product improvements brought about by changes to electronic sub-assemblies.
• Identify and verify alternative parts for obsolete electronic components.
• Work safely and maintain a safe work environment.Qualifications / Experience:
• Qualification: Degree in Electronic Engineering.
(Preferred, other relevant engineering degree level qualifications will be carefully considered from suitably experienced candidates.)Skills / Knowledge:
• Familiar with a broad spectrum of sub-systems, ranging from analogue, signal conditioning data acquisition, transducer interfacing, power supply and microprocessor based designs
• Expertise in circuit analysis and simulation, schematic capture and PCB layout, 2D drafting and project scheduling are all desirable skills.
• Experience of working in with quality system requirements, within a regulatory framework and formal design controls is desirable.
• MS Office proficiency is assumed.
• Excellent Problem Solving Skills.
• Superb Technical Communications Ability.
• Ability to manage workload effectively and efficiently.
• Committed to ongoing professional development.“Positive Results For Life!”
We are looking for the very best people to join our Engineering Team in Galway, if you think that you have the skills and enthusiasm to excel in one of these open positions at Covidien then we would love to speak with you.To apply for this exciting opportunity:
PM me directly: with your current C.V. and a covering letter for the relevant position.
Apply in writing online through the Covidien careers website: http://careers.covidien.com/default.aspx