Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ardattin 200, 11/4/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭The_Claw

I'm pretty sure I'll be there too. May drive to Bray though, 200km is plenty for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

should be there also, 240km not quite caro/tom esq but ought to do me nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

The_Claw wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I'll be there too. May drive to Bray though, 200km is plenty for me :pac:
    Can I get a lift, Mr Claw? I'm in Ranelagh.

That should be doable, Mr Blorg. Be advised that I don't have a car rack however, so you'd just be chucking it in the back

That should be doable, Mr Blorg. Be advised that I don't have a car rack however, so you'd just be chucking it in the back
    That would be fine. I will send you details of my personal communication device by private message.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

Ah Feck! I knew there would be a clash! However, I will have a great weekend as I am off to Liverpool for the weekend including the Fulham match on Sunday so won't be too sad - unless they lose!

I would have liked to do this, but anyway, enjoy it folks.

Not as epic as the heroic Rottenhat, MVT, LastGasp and Andreas on their Fleche but I did a bit solo during this week (as training for the Land's End to John O'Groats). Tough day on Monday but lovely one on Thursday:

Monday Dublin - New Ross via Wexford, coast road and minor roads 05/04/2010
    Distance: 188km, Max: 53.6km/h, Ave: 21.8km/h, Cycle Time: 8:38:21, Elapsed: 10:12, Conditions: Overcast + 47km/h Headwind (murder...!)

Thursday New Ross - Dublin via Wexford 08/04/2010
    Distance: 193km, Max: 53.0km/h, Ave: 28.1km/h, Cycle Time: 6:51:54, Elapsed: 8:00, Conditions: Sunny + 17km/h Crossing tailwind (Fantastic!)

blorg wrote: »
    That would be fine. I will send you details of my personal communication device by private message.

blorg skipping the opportunity to get extra miles in? you must be very ill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

Cadex wrote: »
    Ah Feck! I knew there would be a clash!

Fear not, there's a perfectly good 300 next weekend.

The Rottenhat Express will be departing Waterloo Road around 6:30 tomorrow morning - if any of you want to join (i.e. tow) me on the run out to Bray, PM or text.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

I did a test spin this morning and I just don't think I have a 200 in the legs at the moment. Best of luck and apologies for not joining ye :(

You can't bail out now! And your legs can't be in any worse shape than mine. Come on, it'll be fun. Or if not fun, exceedingly painful. You can't lose!

• Advertisement

I did a test spin this morning and I just don't think I have a 200 in the legs at the moment. Best of luck and apologies for not joining ye :(

how do you do a 'test spin' ? try 200km the day before to see if you can?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

did a 120km test spin today and I am glad to say my legs are working well and are ready for 200 more tomorrow. Not sure about the rest of the week after that tough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

how do you do a 'test spin' ? try 200km the day before to see if you can?

No, doing 50 to see how your legs feel. It's not complicated really.

No, doing 50 to see how your legs feel. It's not complicated really.

i normally feel better after 150km than 10 myself is all...........

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

?

Do you mean: after 150km, a beer and pizza, a shower and some sleep ... ? cause that's how it works for me.

Raam wrote: »
    ?

i presume its something to do with endorphines/being warmed up i guess, after 50km i'd still be getting into the swing of things....

did a 120km test spin today and I am glad to say my legs are working well and are ready for 200 more tomorrow. Not sure about the rest of the week after that tough :)

you driving to start tomorrow or cycling out?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Disappointed that the leader of the Orwell Ladies league won't be there, I still think it can be hard to judge how you feel until the day, plus that course would suit you.

As for the distances, I did a nice little 32km spin today, taking in Killiney and Enniskerry. Certainly enough to warm me up and test the legs. It really depends on the route and the intensity, I don't think distance is the absolute measure for performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Strange... godihatethehills doesn't look like a pathetic wimp. How very strange.

Joe says anyone who doesn't ride their bike a very long way tomorrow should be permabanned from this forum and never be allowed to call themselves a cyclist again.

• Advertisement

you driving to start tomorrow or cycling out?
    driving ...*cough cough*

I'm not going to be able to make this after all due to being grievously underorganised. :( Sorry to miss it - have fun.

I'm not going to be able to make this after all due to being grievously underorganised. :( Sorry to miss it - have fun.

oh dear they are dropping like flies now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Both my legs are in bits today. Calfs very sore for some reason. 3 hilly outings mid week probably to blame. Not sure legs are capable of 200k but I'm still going to give it a bash.

i am quite excited about this one :) see you all in the morning !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Does anyone know what time sign-on opens at?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

enjoy all, not up to this ... still trying to establish if I am up to cycling at all at the moment ... will give wicklow a crack in the morning.

Ardattin 200 is a good day out, if you've never done a 200 it is the perfect one to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

niceonetom wrote: »
    Joe says anyone who doesn't ride their bike a very long way tomorrow should be permabanned from this forum and never be allowed to call themselves a cyclist again.

Ehhh.... sorry, I'm going to have to give it a miss. OH has spent the weekend in Hospital, prior to tests on Monday, so I've to mind kiddies. Looks like it's going to be a great day, enjoy !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

Does anyone know what time sign-on opens at?

Won't be too early - 7:30, at a guess.

• Advertisement

I'm wrecked, sick and my lift is gone. I think I need 8 hours sleep. I'll see how I feel in the morning but I think I'll ride directly to Ardattin and back with you guys.

Advertisement