Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Translation needed

Options
  • 29-03-2010 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi,

could somebody tell me how to write "thirteen years" in Gaelic?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

trí bliana déag

or if it's an age,

trí bliana déag d'aois

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Noangel72

Thanks, I guess I'll take the first version!

(I have been living here for 13 years and I am now moving back to Italy, so that's going to be tattooed on my harm next month….within an harp….I know! ….the harp is a bit of a cliche' but, hey!, that’s my tribute to a country that treated me well for a few years……..):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

I hope you don't mind if I use this thread for help with a translation rather than set up a new one.

I want to say, 'I hope to have it prepared for publishing before the end of the summer and I would be very grateful if you could read it before then'. I have translated this as follows, but I would be very grateful if somebody could correct any grammar/spelling/tense mistakes:

'Ba mhaith liom é a (?) ullamh le cuir a chló ag deiridh an tsamhraidh, beann (sp?) fíorbhuíoch díot (sp?) dá bhféadfá á (?) leamh roimhe sin.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Dostoevsky wrote: »
    'I hope to have it prepared for publishing before the end of the summer and I would be very grateful if you could read it before then'.

'Ba mhaith liom é a (?) ullamh le cuir a chló ag deiridh an tsamhraidh, beann (sp?) fíorbhuíoch díot (sp?) dá bhféadfá á (?) leamh roimhe sin.'

My translation:
    Ba mhaith liom go mbeadh sé réidh le foilsiú roimh dheireadh an tsamhraidh agus bheinn fíor-bhuíoch díot dá bhféadfá é a léamh roimhe sin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

My translation:
    Ba mhaith liom go mbeadh sé réidh le foilsiú roimh dheireadh an tsamhraidh agus bheinn fíor-bhuíoch díot dá bhféadfá é a léamh roimhe sin.

Go raibh míle maith agat, Micilín Muc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement