Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Track of the Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭TheAsYLuMkeY

This reminds me of the Olympic, 1993 Rave, check out song from 14:00 mins, then the video from 15:30 onwards, no one really is interested in the camera, its all about the vibe, the people, the music........

Heres the track, one of the best,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭waynescales1

This reminds me of the Olympic, 1993 Rave, check out song from 14:00 mins, then the video from 15:30 onwards, no one really is interested in the camera, its all about the vibe, the people, the music........

Heres the track, one of the best,

Haha, chalk and cheese. People really did not give a **** about how they looked back then (in a good way). Yer man at 11:42 giving it absolutely everything.

Haha, chalk and cheese. People really did not give a **** about how they looked back then (in a good way). Yer man at 11:42 giving it absolutely everything.

Ye, i would say he dropped abut three white doves together!!

6.jpg

would just like to throw this into the mix for yee....... get the gears moving in the mind......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Terence McKenna icon14.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Terence McKenna icon14.png

Yes, the monolog is very thought provoking stuff, but I also think if you listen to the music the Shamen put over it, it really is a masterpiece of marrying music with spoken word.

Its one thing putting music to lyrics, which will generally follow the flow of the music with chorus, melody and pitch etc.

But this is very different, it’s a verbal monolog that has had layered over it the music, and the mood of the music is designed to match and change at the correct point to add more emphasis to what the words are saying.

For instance at 04:09

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Very slow at the start, you are just about to shift the needle and then it clicks in.

I love Red Axes.

Think i may have posted this here before, but my god it is well worth posting just in case i missed it.......

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

For the day that's in it. RIP Erick Morillo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

For the day that's in it. RIP Erick Morillo :(
    Fuk is he dead ? his Miami series was great

Found dead in his gaff today

Was recently arrested for sexual assault and was due in court soon

Read elsewhere he wasn't a very nice guy

Didn't know that,,,just aware of his music

I tell you what, half of what you see and nadda that you ever hear ( or read, telly, paper etc, is all you should be believing. The dude was knee deep making music and while I was never that crazy about his stuff, he was producing toooons for years and fair play to him and may he rest in peace.

All his stuff fairly handbaggy I found, but had a certain energy to some of it. Banging in yo face loud hammy bump da bump bump toooons. RIP.

I actually own this one on Vinyl, class track.

contemporary " new school" breakbeat/ hardcore. " watch ya bassbins i am tellin ya"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    contemporary " new school" breakbeat/ hardcore. " watch ya bassbins i am tellin ya"

Like it, its a very well made homage to a great sound.

Anyone that is into making tracks, this is a VST for you, video is someone using a midi to control the VST, all the sounds of old school.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭waynescales1

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Always come back to this when i want to chill out!

This is one of my all time favorites, the fourth comment down about the Video of the Asylum.... i made that video :)

Bought from RTE on VHS years ago and converted, i then overlay-ed that track as the opener with Static shots of photos that were taken from the Asylum/Oldskool thread and some of my own. Also the tracks was converted from my own Vinyl copy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Advertisement