Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can I put two stroke mix into my car?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Saab ed is not with the fairies.
    Diesel is sometimes used as an engine flush, to clean the engine, but would not be left in for 1 hour, more like 5 min at tick over only.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

Saab ed is not with the fairies.
    Diesel is sometimes used as an engine flush, to clean the engine, but would not be left in for 1 hour, more like 5 min at tick over only.

I wasnt saying saab ed was i was saying the guy that told him was...

an hour... i think they guy must have made that up when he told saab ed as i cant see an engine lasting an hour just running diesel as a lubricant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

If you use oil flush for petrol engines, this contains kerosene so the diesel thing doesn't surprise me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

If its synth, you could use it, but as pointed out you may damage the O2 sensors or cat(s). Get em both well up to temp to be sure they burn off any deposits;)
    If its just a syth mixed at 50:1 or so it should be fine. If its castor based, I wouldn't risk it as theres a very good chance it will leave deposits on the aformentioned parts, castor burns off very differently to synth.

I wouldnt reccomend it, but if you're that stuck for a few bob.............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I'd say it all depends on what car it is you'd be putting it into.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

It won't make any difference, just stick it in and fill the tank afterwards.
    That amount of oil won't carbon anything whether it's mineral or synthetic.
    You could always use it in a 4 stroke mower if you have one, Briggs and Stratton run fine on mix.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

CJhaughey wrote: »
    It won't make any difference, just stick it in and fill the tank afterwards.
    That amount of oil won't carbon anything whether it's mineral or synthetic.
    You could always use it in a 4 stroke mower if you have one, Briggs and Stratton run fine on mix.:D

Briggs and Stratton run fine on a 50:50 petrol/diesel mix albeit a bit hard to start and runs a bit smokey:D

Advertisement