Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tummy Exercises - Advice needed

Options
  • 23-03-2010 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Ive put a bit of weight on around my tummy and I just cant seem to shift it no matter how many sit up's I do .....:(. I just want to tone it up in time for my holidays in 8 weeks

Can anyone recommend an exercise that actually works ??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Hi Tigerlilly

Unfortunately you can not spot reduce body fat, so it's not really possible to target just your tummy and no amount of sit-ups will help with this.

Watching your diet, cutting back on carbs, especially starch based carbs (breads, pasta, rice, cereal etc) along with a good workout routine (weights and cardio) will give you good results.

And although you should make some noticeable gains in 8 weeks, don't expect miracles. Nothing worth while is ever quick and easy ;)

Best Regards & Good Luck,

M

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭tigerlily01

Cheers for the advice M , Ive started doing a spin class in work 4 nights a week so hope this helps too . Just dont feel like it Im loosing any weight off my tummy ....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Cheers for the advice M , Ive started doing a spin class in work 4 nights a week so hope this helps too . Just dont feel like it Im loosing any weight off my tummy ....

what are your stats? (weight + height etc) and how long have you been doing the spin class? you could also try some body weight exercises and try to be active on the other three days too... if you want a diet critique post up a typical days diet

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭tigerlily01

I started spinning about 3 weeks ago , I feel like my legs are are starting to get bulky up top . Im starting a class in the college 1 other night a week , it's work with weights for the whole body .

A nomal days would consist of - 2 slices of toast and a bowl of fruit for breakfast , then for lunch more often than not I would have a small sald with ham or chicken , no dressing , then my dinner in the evening would be Meat ( chicken or beef ) with potatoes and veg or maybe sheapards pie or pork chops

I dont eat much sweets or biscuits

I weight 11 and a half stone and im about 5ft 7 inches

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If you begin to lose weight all over youll realise your legs arent bulking as much as you thought as youll lose some of the overlying fat on your muscle that may be making them seem bigger.

You can work on your core muscles to improve the look of the area, but diet is what will actually reduce the wobbly bits. Crunches will help, but moreso use things like planks and free weights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

I started spinning about 3 weeks ago , I feel like my legs are are starting to get bulky up top . Im starting a class in the college 1 other night a week , it's work with weights for the whole body .

A nomal days would consist of - 2 slices of toast and a bowl of fruit for breakfast , then for lunch more often than not I would have a small sald with ham or chicken , no dressing , then my dinner in the evening would be Meat ( chicken or beef ) with potatoes and veg or maybe sheapards pie or pork chops

I dont eat much sweets or biscuits

I weight 11 and a half stone and im about 5ft 7 inches

3 weeks is nothing ... if you keep it up you should be fine based on what you have told us :)

Advertisement