Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC president racks up €75,000 in expenses over two years

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Mark we are getting bored of you....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Wait, did we just gloss over the 400k remark? Where online can I see a breakdown of this.

And IP ban anyone? Whatever usefulll points rebel20 had have been lost..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

maglite wrote: »
    Wait, did we just gloss over the 400k remark? Where online can I see a breakdown of this.

And IP ban anyone? Whatever usefulll points rebel20 had have been lost..
    I agree, should be published online rather than just presented to a few geeks at class council or whatever that shit is

No reason why they can't publish it on their shiny little website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Occam

Our wonderful president has racked up €75,000 in expenses over the last two years

In those 2 years the SU managed to spend around 1.3 million. Whats 75k when 1.3 million got spent by the SU ?

Why the hell should the state fund an SU to the tune of 1.3 million, nevermind 75k?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samf

Occam wrote: »
    In those 2 years the SU managed to spend around 1.3 million. Whats 75k when 1.3 million got spent by the SU ?

Why the hell should the state fund an SU to the tune of 1.3 million, nevermind 75k?
    Where the hell are you getting 1.3 million in 2 years from? and where did anyone say the state was funding it? as I said anyone that was genuinely interested enough had the chance to go to tonights meeting, you can call them "geeks" or whatever you want but they were supposed to be your class reps and if any of you were there you would have got a detailed breakdown.

If you werent there, ask your academic rep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Occam wrote: »
    I hear the SU kill babies when they're bored too. Is there anything these people won't stoop to?
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Occam

samf wrote: »
    Where the hell are you getting 1.3 million in 2 years from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxuKxdZPhq0

About two minutes into the video he mentions that the budget for this year is around 600k. Over two years that makes 1.2 million spent.
    samf wrote: »
    and where did anyone say the state was funding it?

Where else would an SU get 1.2 million?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samf

They get their income from advertising, entertainments, hoodies and the university grant.

Theres no point in saying hold on forget about 75k expenses when the SU spent 1.6 million, as the 75k were purely additional expenses for one member of staff, its a separate discussion really so this thread should go back on topic and any discussion on the SU can go in the new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

In a fair and equitable world, Mr Murphy would pay back those expenses, flying business class amongst other unnecessary luxuries is nothing more than sticking up two fingers to both students and the tax-payer. Quite ironic really when you consider he is president of a university that encourages decency and strong moral standards amongst its students. Then he goes and does the opposite. Another big fatcat, being paid about 120k too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

I saw Michael "lots of money" Murphy today, with that huge silver sceptre thing that you might see the Sultain of Brunai walk around with.

He had to sit down, lest he trip over his wallet.

• Advertisement

Nova_era wrote: »
    I saw Michael "lots of money" Murphy today, with that huge silver sceptre thing that you might see the Sultain of Brunai walk around with.

He had to sit down, lest he trip over his wallet.

Is that not an official college thing that has been around for a while, 150~ years?

and SAMF, maybe some people were sick, had academic related work to do, or just pain felt like going to the pub on a tue night. Comes across like you are scared to allow people to analyze these records. Also I find the idea that I'm only a lonely part time officer argument to be quite insulting, wither you are part of the SU or you are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Is that not an official college thing that has been around for a while, 150~ years?

and SAMF, maybe some people were sick, had academic related work to do, or just pain felt like going to the pub on a tue night. Comes across like you are scared to allow people to analyze these records. Also I find the idea that I'm only a lonely part time officer argument to be quite insulting, wither you are part of the SU or you are not.

Wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Am I the only one who cant actually understand what's being said here?

There is a possibility a bottle of Micky Finns Butterscotch may have impacted in my posting ability.

The "huge silver sceptre thing" looked like ti was a comment related to wasting money, I sugested it was an old college staff. The latter bit of the post may be better suited to the other thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

There is a possibility a bottle of Micky Finns Butterscotch may have impacted in my posting ability.

The "huge silver sceptre thing" looked like ti was a comment related to wasting money, I sugested it was an old college staff. The latter bit of the post may be better suited to the other thread.

I wasn't using that as an example of money spending, I was using it as an example of the general theme of lavishness that seems to surround Michael Murphy's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

I consider myself a forgiving kind of person. But drinking Micky bloody Finns is something I can never forgive :pac:

BUTTERSCOTCH...... Thats the key... *ponders as to the contents of Mr Murphys drinking cabint

Advertisement