Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free spirit salon gone bust!!!!!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MsMess

The exact same thing just happened to me today. I am really angry at myself for not complaining there and then but I was just so upset I wanted to get out of there.

I was passed around between hairdressers, it seems like I was passed on to whoever had a few minutes to spare. There was no treatment at all, and to be honest Im not even sure if they used conditioner. The highlights are the worst I have ever gotten. I asked for sublte, not too light highlights as my hair is quite dark at the moment but they are too light and very streaky. And the worst thing about the whole experience is that when the hairdresser that blow dried it (different to the one that sis the highlights) brought out the mirror and asked was it ok I said "well its very streaky and very light, its not really what i wanted..." she replied "well is the blow dry ok?" i said yes and then she said ok and walked off... I couldnt believe it, it was like 'i didnt do them so thats not my problem'. I waited for a few minutes to see if maybe she had gone to get someone but no one came over to me and when I slowly, shocked got up to leave, not one person turned to say thanks, see you again, nothing!

I know I should have complained then and there but I just wanted to get out of there. My sister also bought a citydeal voucher for it and she is going in a week so I have told her to stand up for herself and make sure she gets what she wants. But I will definitely not be returning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rachryan

I totally agree with above comments...The Salon is a disgrace, and a poor excuse for a salon. The only thing they're concerned about is getting people in and out.

I bought a voucher in April on City deals and then had to wait 6 weeks to get an appointment, which if fine, they're busy. So FINALLY on the day of my long-awaited appointment I got a call to say the stylist was 'sick' . I was really disappointed, but what could I do? So re-arranged the appointment for the following week. The day came, I took time off work, got all the way down to the salon (its pretty out of the way). Was waiting for 10mins and then someone came over to say that my stylist couldnt make it in cos of a 'bomb scare'. The place was buzzing with workers, I found it v hard to believe this was true, and that there was NOONE that could do my hair.....Obviously annoyed the vice-manager, re-arranged the app FOR THE 3RD TIME, and offered me a haircut, which I grudgingly agreed to. Then, on the morning of my third app, GUESS WHAT? i got another call to say my stylist was sick...which was obvo complete bull, i asked to speak to the manager, and gave out crap to her.

I told her that I thought I was being treated this way cos i had a city deal, but she assured me most of their customers were from citydeals. well from the sounds of it, they treat all their customers badly, and are completely incompetent at hairdressing. I rang citydeals and got my money back, which they gave without hesitation. the manager said she'd call me back, but haven't heard from her since.

so to some up, the salon is a disgrace- they are rude and incompetent- DONT GO THERE!

Advertisement