Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DkIT student union elections

Options
  • 16-03-2010 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

Hey guys this is the thread about the up and comming student union elections the final nominations are in this friday . I know who i will be campaigning and voting for ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Sarge wrote: »
    Hey guys this is the thread about the up and comming student union elections the final nominations are in this friday . I know who i will be campaigning and voting for ..

Can you get info about the candidates and put it up here?

Unbiased info only though now :D

And maybe get candidates to post there bit here?

Also if you had time post some posters letting students know they can take part in the discussion here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

The final declaration for people considering going for the position is 19th of March so until then there is "no canvassing"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I honestly think this is pretty much the first I have heard of this.

Well campaigning starts this friday and all next week , with the actual voting taken place next thursday!!!

Guys As moderator of the dkit forum , i couldnt think of any one else to lead the union in this tough period of transition then James Clarke here is his facebook page , join and leave any questions or comments.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=156955&id=373403723006&saved#!/pages/James-Clarke-For-President-of-DkIT-Students-Union/373403723006?ref=nf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Sarge wrote: »
    Guys As moderator of the dkit forum , i couldnt think of any one else to lead the union in this tough period of transition then James Clarke here is his facebook page , join and leave any questions or comments.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=156955&id=373403723006&saved#!/pages/James-Clarke-For-President-of-DkIT-Students-Union/373403723006?ref=nf

His agenda for next year is a bit on the light side on the poster on facebook.

EDIT:

There is a full manifesto on the info tab of that page ie http://www.facebook.com/pages/James-Clarke-For-President-of-DkIT-Students-Union/373403723006?ref=nf#!/pages/James-Clarke-For-President-of-DkIT-Students-Union/373403723006?v=info&ref=nf

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

I see Ros Madigan is a candidate for Vice President of the Student Union..

I like his campaign and the "Choose ROS" brand.

Seems like a good vote looking at his manifesto
    Take a look
    http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs434.ash1/23984_111175358895985_110901418923379_260149_2314316_n.jpg

Anyone else voting for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Yeah james is a good guy..

Im looking at Ros for Vice President as well..

What do you guys think?

www.facebook.com/chooseros

ive attached his manifesto which covers alot of important areas and catches the eye too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Ros is the only one for Vice that has caught my eye so far. Seems like a good manifesto and I've listened to the Radio Show he presents on Dundalk FM. Seems like a likable guy and his posters seem pretty snazzy. I'll see who else is out there aswel though.

As for Prez, James is the only person I've seen so far. Where are the other challengers?

I've also attached james manifesto flyers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ptalullah

Hey guys, I'm one of the other candidates and I can safely say none of the other candidates was told about this "unbiased" thread. :eek: My name is Lisa and I've been in the college four years, worked with DCU SU a few years ago on a voluntary basis and then helped out Luke and Subash over the last two years. I'm very passionate about the Union, its students, their voice and the institute itself! :D Please check out my webpage its www.lisamullaney.com :rolleyes:

Edit by moderator : Boards.ie has been around since 1999 , the DkIT forum has been around for the past couple of years this is not a secret forum , not one of the people running for election have been told about the forum its down to them to go look to what students are using and reading , in saying all that best of luck in your campaign lisa.

ptalullah wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm one of the other candidates and I can safely say none of the other candidates was told about this "unbiased" thread. :eek: My name is Lisa and I've been in the college four years, worked with DCU SU a few years ago on a voluntary basis and then helped out Luke and Subash over the last two years. I'm very passionate about the Union, its students, their voice and the institute itself! :D Please check out my webpage its www.lisamullaney.com :rolleyes:

Edit by moderator : Boards.ie has been around since 1999 , the DkIT forum has been around for the past couple of years this is not a secret forum , not one of the people running for election have been told about the forum its down to them to go look to what students are using and reading , in saying all that best of luck in your campaign lisa.

Thanks for that Sarge but i'm curious as to why you are posting James' info and no one elses?

No worries at all lisa , I have read james , seans , and your own manifesto and i think that james can do a great job . Now im no way saying that you or the other campaigners cant do a good job but for me james is getting my vote . Other people on here can make up their own mind. There is another candidate called richie who as far as i have seen doesn't even have a manifesto out so cant be taken seriously.

But best of luck to everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Clipper1

On advice of the ADMINS , i have to edit this post . As the user is misrepresenting herself on this forum.

Also user is banned on advice from admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭louth87

Should be an interesting week :)

I happen to know Lisa and know that she'll do an ace job if elected!!!

Click on the links for more info on her campaign:
    http://www.lisamullaney.com
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Lisa4Prez/400508566969?ref=ts

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

i hate the canvassing part and the whole ploughing you with leaflets and stickers.
    they should have one or two open debates/speeches, and let whoever is interested in hearing it attend and after that, send out an online voting system, and tone down the whole affair. i find it can be very in your face and imtimating.
    im old and creeky and cant keep up.

baaaa humbug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kaneo

well.
    My name is Darren Kane and Im running for the post of vice prez. How exactly were all the candidates meant to be informed about this forum because the 1st i heard of it was from Lisa so fair play to her.
    I have my manifesto up on facebook if you anyone would like to take a look. this should be the link here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=255814&op=1&o=global&view=global&subj=109965902349552&id=100000186826982
    if it doesn't work check out "Darren Kane for DkiT Vice President".
    this is my fourth year here so I know whats what. Iv researched all on my manifesto so Im giving no false hopes to anyone. Lets just see how this week pans out.

all questions and comments are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Kaneo wrote: »

I have my manifesto up on facebook if you anyone would like to take a look. this should be the link here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=65017546

that aint no facebook link my man.

if u want to put on a link to facebook, go to facebook,find your page, copy the http:// etc etc line, then come back to boards.
    find this page, press reply and paste.

Good man Darren , best of luck with the campaign , DKIT IS craic i like it :-D

your link isnt working there buddy ! no one was told about the on-line site , as stated before its been around a long time.

To be fair guys , not a lot of people use the DkIT forum , hopefully that will change this week

again best of luck to everyone involved !

keep it clean

darren ill delete that last post and fix your original one ok buddy , again best of luck

• Advertisement

Hey clipper1, thanks for the support and here is a link to my full manifesto and my website. Hope you can find some time to take a look!

www.lisamullaney.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lisa4Prez/400508566969?v=photos&ref=ts#!/pages/Lisa4Prez/400508566969?v=info

edit clipper was banned from the forum for misrepresentation , clipper was in fact lisa sister.

hey Lisa , sorry dont mean to put a dampener on things but what is your relationship with cliper ?

I could ask you the same about your relationship with James? :)

Ok , unfortunate Im going to have to ban both accounts because there is a 83% IP match and i believe that your posting as the same person lisa . Im sorry didnt want to do this :-( but lemme know via PM what the situation is and i can unban you if necessary. I have already asked the site ADMINS there advice on this

Guys , Just make one thing clear DkIT forum and boards.ie has a charter in place please read before you post. It makes my job around here easier and yours easier.

Lisa i have lifter you ban ALONG with your SISTER clipper , Im sure you understand why i banned in the first place as i had to check the IP which gave me a high match meaning a family member or yourself.

So Clipper and Lisa are sisters so alls good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jamesclarke

Well folks, Sorry i am a bit late joining in on this discussion. I'd like to thank Sarge for putting links to my election material. If you read my manifesto you will see that i actually want to include a forum into the present student union website.

I am trying my best to run an ORGINIAL campagin the ideas you see here are my own not borrowed copied or stolen. The main thing is that they are all very achiveable. I am not trying to deceive anyone with promises that cant be fulfilled.

To clipper (Lisa's sister) you will have to accept my apology with regards to my spelling, as you can expect in the last three weeks ive probablly done more typing than i have in three years of college. In relation to the hitler video any student that found this in ill taste, i would encourage you to approach me in the college tomorrow ( clipper probally wont be there seeing as how she isnt a student) and i will gladly take the time to listen and address their concerns.

My manifesto is constantly changing, so if you see something that you feel should be on it tell me. I would like to thank you all publicly for your support and encouragement so far on the doorsteps, texts, phonecalls and facebook mail i am recieving. I would just ask you to keep it going till this thursday.

I would like to personally ask every student who is reading this to approach me (if i don't approach you first) take two mins out of your day and get a feeling for the man that is asking for your
    #1 vote for president this thursday.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and i would like to wish everyone who is running the very best of luck.

James Clarke

Your union your voice, lets make it a powerful one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MichalMisiewicz

Hello.

James Clarke. All the way.

He is the only reliable guy with Original campaign and positive attitude.

Michal Misiewicz,
    BAAF2 Class Rep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 David Branagan

Hey guys & girls,

Thanks Lisa for letting me know about this thread....

My name is David...I'm running for Vice-President of DkIT's SU this year...

Here's the flyer of my manifesto...
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3777566&id=546438007

All constructive feedback is welcome! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jamesclarke

Hello.

James Clarke. All the way.

He is the only reliable guy with Original campaign and positive attitude.

Michal Misiewicz,
    BAAF2 Class Rep

Thank you very much for your support.

James Clarke

Your union your voice, lets make it a powerful one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭louth87

Original eh??? :rolleyes:

Advertisement