Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a gym membership for 3 to 4 months?

Options
  • 15-03-2010 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I am looking to get a gym membership from around March to July only, As i play rugby for the rest of the year so wouldnt make sense to have a membership as wouldnt use it. Does anyone know a gym in the southside dublin area that does this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Lummix6 wrote: »
    I am looking to get a gym membership from around March to July only, As i play rugby for the rest of the year so wouldnt make sense to have a membership as wouldnt use it. Does anyone know a gym in the southside dublin area that does this?

How far South?
    Are we talking City centre, suburbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lummix6

Blackrock/monkstown/foxrock area preferably

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

a lot of gyms might be more open to the idea of shorter memberships at present .. or you could just sign up and then give one months notice + cancel direct debit, I doubt they will sue you for the other 8 months ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Lummix6 wrote: »
    Blackrock/monkstown/foxrock area preferably

Monkstown Gym, (bluewater or something) run by DLR leisure services
    Does short term passes, like 10 visits and/or monthly pass.
    Bit of a wellness centre though, I don't know if you want to use Barbells.
    They have one....

Laughlinstown may be a bit out of the way, but it does monthly tickets for €55. Its also by DLR leisure services. Fair few plates and bars, machines and dumbells. It ain't pretty but it does me.

Thats as much as I know in the area with short term stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Monkstown Gym, (bluewater or something) run by DLR leisure services
    Does short term passes, like 10 visits and/or monthly pass.
    Bit of a wellness centre though, I don't know if you want to use Barbells.
    They have one....

Laughlinstown may be a bit out of the way, but it does monthly tickets for €55. Its also by DLR leisure services. Fair few plates and bars, machines and dumbells. It ain't pretty but it does me.

Thats as much as I know in the area with short term stuff.
    www.bhaf.ie do this in sandyford

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 roastpotato

I think the Fitness Dock on Camden St. do short-term memberships....they always have specials on as well. I'm sure with Paddy's Day and Easter coming up as well. Give them a ring and find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

We do 4 month programs, but we're different than an equipment rental gym. www.crossfit.ie / 01-2063669 if you're interested.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Equipment rental gym, nice.

We thought we coined a good term- key money- ie. your membership fees just give you a key to the door, but yours might be better.

Advertisement