Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shiny Pokémon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

Once I got a shiny Smoochum from an egg in Pokemon Crystal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

As did most people, the Odd Egg you get in Crystal is a 14% chance of being shiny ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

TheChrisD wrote: »
    As did most people, the Odd Egg you get in Crystal is a 14% chance of being shiny ;)

14% would suggest that only a minority, say 14% of people, would get a shiney from that egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CianRyan wrote: »
    14% would suggest that only a minority, say 14% of people, would get a shiney from that egg.

Not really. More like 14 out of every 100 eggs. You could pick out 50 people and they all could have gotten a shiney from it. 100% of people could get a shiney if they tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

I've been really lucky with Shiny Pokemon the last few days. Once I completed the Elite 4, I used trading and transferring to complete my National Pokedex asap to get the Shiny Charm from Professor Juniper. On Sunday I caught a Shiny Watchog on Route 3 and yesterday I caught a Shiny Minccino on Route 16.

Spr_5b_505_s.pngSpr_5b_572_s.png

File:Spr_5b_505_s.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Shiny charm....? Don't make me google it!
    Also, congratz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Wailord is one of my favourite Pokemon, so a few months before Christmas my brother started using the Shiny Charm + Matsuda method to hatch 1024 Wailmers, in the hope of having a surprise for me on Christmas morning. Here's what Wailmer #945 looked like:

Spr_5b_320_s.png

Needless to say, I was very impressed.

As a backup, in case all that hatching didn't work, he also got me a shiny Jigglypuff on the GTS:

Spr_5b_039_s.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Wow what a nice christmas present

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

there's a shiney haxoras for all in b/w 2

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

there's a shiney haxoras for all in b/w 2

Raymond! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Mr.Ryan

/tips hat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Shiney ponyta...... which evolved into shiney rapidash....JIZZ

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Never had a shiny before, played Pokemon Ruby for the first time ever, shiny Poochyena pops out...BEFORE I GET POKEBALLS :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

IvySlayer wrote: »
    , shiny Poochyena pops out...BEFORE I GET POKEBALLS :mad:

No, that is so painful. you have my sympathy

Just a heads up if you finish white forrest hollow, go back to alders place in flossy town and trade his grandson for the drattini...it's a shiny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

TheChrisD wrote: »

I just found out that in the Japanese version of games there is a 50% chance. That is kinda unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

First wild shiny in ages for me - a shiny Audino caught on Route 1 in Black 2 while trying to level up my Relicanth. Went to Stone Edge him and missed the button (thank jeebus I was using a plastic spoon instead of a stylus) then realised he looked a little poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Thats a first, two shiney's in quick succession (less than 10 minutes apart) in Crystal. Shame they are a Pidgey and a Kakuna :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got my first shiny in a while in HeartGold last night

Spr_4h_020_f_s.png

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Phareon

Spent yesterday seeing all the New Unova Dex in White2 so I could go to the Nature Preserve (it's not worth the effort really), but there's a Shiny Haxorus there, which was pretty much my only motivation for going there.
    It's been ages since I've caught an actual, non-storyline, or non-traded from someone else, shiny.
    And the only one I've actually gotten in Gen V was a Vullaby I think.

Shiny hunting is a lot harder nowadays :/

• Advertisement

Playing fire red on emulator

SHINY ZUBAT :D

MY FIRST EVER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Playing fire red on emulator

SHINY ZUBAT :D

MY FIRST EVER

It just had to be didn't it.
    :p

GTR63 wrote: »
    It just had to be didn't it.
    :p

I got it on my way to catching Articuno in Seafoam Island :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Congrats Ivyslayer. Caught one of these myself on one of the games. Trained it up to go on my speed team since crobat has a high speed stat

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭callmepetardu

I have a shiny Arcanine I got in a trade (dubious of it to be honest) and a shiny Gallade that I caught as a shiny Ralts. Gallade is one of my favourite Pokémon so it's pretty cool to have him all blue and stuff :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've never even seen a random shiney :(

I've never even seen a random shiney :(

I've caught one, I remember not really paying attention to a game before seing a weird animation of the mon and wondering what was that as I killed it, didn't know about shineys back then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Shiny Froakie yo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Got my first Shiny! A lovely all-green Hoppip that I named Emerald. I caught it in a horde battle on the road outside the Daycare place whilst using Sweet Scent for what must have been about an hour.

I nearly f*cked up spectacularly as well. I was using a level 20 Eevee and had to get rid of the non-shiny Hoppips before attempting to catch the Shiny. I decided to use Swift - big mistake. Not being familiar with the move I had no idea it targets more than one Pokemon. I ended up causing two to faint instantly and left the Shiny barely hanging on. :pac:

I would have been beyond gutted if I'd made it faint. Thankfully I was able to catch it smoothly after that.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

After playing Pokemon for about 10 yrs, I finally encountered my first random shiny. A tentacool....I'll take it :P

Advertisement