Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to Get Fit Again

Options
  • 12-03-2010 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I used be extremely fit up to when I was about 16. I used play squash every day and used be very active. Now I'm 24 and nowhere near as active.

I then stupidly started smoking and still do. Now I'm overweight (13 stone, 5' 10"). I don't really drink, just 3 or 4 pints on a saturday night but wouldn't do it every saturday.

I really want to get fit again and lose all the extra weight I'm carrying around.

Could I get some tips from whoever is willing to share?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Hi all,

I used be extremely fit up to when I was about 16. I used play squash every day and used be very active. Now I'm 24 and nowhere near as active.

I then stupidly started smoking and still do. Now I'm overweight (13 stone, 5' 10"). I don't really drink, just 3 or 4 pints on a saturday night but wouldn't do it every saturday.

I really want to get fit again and lose all the extra weight I'm carrying around.

Could I get some tips from whoever is willing to share?

Cheers!

firstly, a few pints some Saturday nights is not a problem. this is going to sound a bit simplistic, but why dont you just do what you did before when you were not over weight? can you post up a typical days diet?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

If I'm honest with you and with myself, it's because I'm too lazy! After a day's work I'm actually mentally tired and can't muster up the will to go for a run/cycle in the evenings.

Typical day's diet:

Breakfast: Weetabix & Red Bull

11's: Coffee (milk & 2 sugars)

Lunch (1:00): BLT/Ham, cheese roll/sandwich

ca. 4:00 - Coffee

Dinner (6:00) - Meat/Mas/Veg, Cup of tea & 2/3 bicsuits

Supper: Weetabix/Other cereal with no sugar

I would also have the odd bar of chocolate every now and then. I don't think my diet is as bad as it could be. I wouldn't pig out on rubbish food either, the thought of it makes me feel sick! I think my inactivity is to blame for the most part.

Also, I sit behind a desk all day. Not the most active of jobs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

If I'm honest with you and with myself, it's because I'm too lazy! After a day's work I'm actually mentally tired and can't muster up the will to go for a run/cycle in the evenings.

Typical day's diet:

Breakfast: Weetabix & Red Bull

11's: Coffee (milk & 2 sugars)

Lunch (1:00): BLT/Ham, cheese roll/sandwich

ca. 4:00 - Coffee

Dinner (6:00) - Meat/Mas/Veg, Cup of tea & 2/3 bicsuits

Supper: Weetabix/Other cereal with no sugar

I would also have the odd bar of chocolate every now and then. I don't think my diet is as bad as it could be. I wouldn't pig out on rubbish food either, the thought of it makes me feel sick! I think my inactivity is to blame for the most part.

Also, I sit behind a desk all day. Not the most active of jobs :)

combination of inactivity and diet tbh. yeah, diet is not as bad as it could be but thats the same for any diet.
    get rid (completely) of sugar, red bull, cereals (other than porridge or weetabix) white rolls / bread and biscuits. use whole grain bread / pasta rice, have plenty porridge, fruit, veg, meat, cottage cheese and fish.. oh, and stop being lazy:rolleyes: it sounds like you know what you need to do

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Hahah ok I'll stop being lazy! Thanks for that corkcomp!

Advertisement