Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coca cola dependence?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

6 weeks? See a doctor OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I'm a coke addict ;)

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

I've been there too. I used to drink about 5 litres of coke a day, then I started getting diabetes symptoms, so I quit. I went through about a month of chronic fatigue before I felt normal again. I'm also heavily addicted to caffeine thanks to the 15 years of coke, which I now get through coffee.

:eek:

Did you drink water aswell? Your adrenal gland's must have been raped with all that sugar and cafeine!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I've been there too. I used to drink about 5 litres of coke a day, then I started getting diabetes symptoms, so I quit. I went through about a month of chronic fatigue before I felt normal again. I'm also heavily addicted to caffeine thanks to the 15 years of coke, which I now get through coffee.
    You're lucky you didn't get diabetes from that :eek:

I used to drink 2 litres of diet coke a day a while back. Cut it down now by a lot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Scarydoll

I don't know how people can drink that stuff. Tis rank.

I watched an episode of How to look ten years younger once and there was this lady on it. She was addicted to diet coke and drank shít loads.
    Well she said she bit into a sandwich one day and t'was awful crunchy. Turns out her teeth had rotten and she was eating them.

Felt ill for ages after watching that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

Has anybody here ever given up coke (after drinking large amounts for many years) and also given up cigarettes? I'd be curious to know how difficult relative to each other the two things are to give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I can drink 5+ bottles of Diet Coke when I'm stressed out. That aspartene stuff is hella addictive. I'd say sugar is a much better option, I just find the balance of normal Coke a bit too sweet. They'll probably put high fructose corn syrup in instead of sugar eventually, that ****s meant to taste horrible, and be really bad for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

antodeco wrote: »
    You mightnt be able to gnaw them off if the dentist wants you to stop drinking coke!

Not to mention the fact that you would need to be a contortionist to be able to pull that off in the first place :pac:.

Advertisement