Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with NTL & WOW

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Ive updated most drivers in the Win7 (Its win7 enterprise i believe) machine, but not all i reckon. Im going to try the D630 with the -nosound option prob tonight or tommorow.

Ill let ya know on that soon enough. Gotta find out if my flatmate is moving out end of next month, like originally planned, as i may not have any cash till i find a new one :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

You could also try run Wow in opengl mode, think it's just -opengl as the switch. Might help you a little.

I was thinking that as well. Wasnt sure if the onboard intel graphics supported OpenGL mode.

It should do as it's a pretty basic mode. Still quiet snazzy though to look at when running in opengl mode, not as bad as people make it out to be and your FPS can fly up when compared to the normal D3D mode.
    I used to get mode FPs running Wow via wine on linux in opengl mode than I did running wow in Vista :(

Was that in general play or raids? I get 20-30 in normal play, just raids f*ck me up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Shougeki wrote: »
    I was thinking that as well. Wasnt sure if the onboard intel graphics supported OpenGL mode.

What.. your 620/630 dosen't have the nvidia 7400M in it?

Anti wrote: »
    What.. your 620/630 dosen't have the nvidia 7400M in it?

Nah man. Integrated Intel 945GMA all the way baby (not sure about the 620).

:D

Calling it a graphics card is like attaching wheels to a brick and calling it a car. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Any way to force wow into dx7 mode, maybe drop the resolution to 640*480, turn off all the details. Kinda like when people used to play quake4 on crap pc's and pulled all the textures out of the game so it was just grey, brown and red walls. Sure, not like you need the screen real-estate when all you need to do is spam Fok ;)

Anti wrote: »
    Any way to force wow into dx7 mode, maybe drop the resolution to 640*480, turn off all the details. Kinda like when people used to play quake4 on crap pc's and pulled all the textures out of the game so it was just grey, brown and red walls. Sure, not like you need the screen real-estate when all you need to do is spam Fok ;)

~TBH im running the graphics in a pretty high mode. I keep meaning to turn them down when playing raids, but forget. :D

But my original problem was the DCs.

• Advertisement

Shougeki wrote: »
    Was that in general play or raids? I get 20-30 in normal play, just raids f*ck me up.

Yeah both, no problems.

Advertisement