Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats wrong with our legal system ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,485 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Everything

/thread
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

genericguy wrote: »
    in ireland you can have 167 previous convictions and still be a playschool caretaker. you can be sent to the joy to study hairdressing for cutting up your mother's boyfriend's body. you can rape somebody and get a suspended sentence, whereas you will be sent to prison for failing to pay a fine. government ministers can commit perjury and not even be questioned by the police. priests can rape innocent little babies with the knowledge, consent and protection of the government for decades.

but, if somebody comes into your house at night with the intention of raping you to bits, you aren't allowed to give him a dig to protect yourself.

That's what's wrong with the justice system.

you are allowed to hit him - you just have to stop ....which is unfortunately where I see the problem - if someone comes into my home I want to make sure that the person learns his/her lesson and wont consider doing it to me again.

I want to know that the law is on my side allowing me to protect my home and my life and the life of my family (even the dog and goldfish) .... which hopefully is in the process of changing - but we're not allowed to use excessive force.

A career criminal does not have any regard for the law - does not respect other people's property and does not respect other people ...... why should these "people" be treated with respect ?

I'm sure some goody goody two shoes PC-brigade will say 'cos we're all humans blah blah blah ...circumstances etc etc .....but I say if you choose a path of criminality then you should not enjoy the luxuries when caught - too may times I've seen pictures of the inside of criminals and social welfare housing - with huge 30-40inch LCD TV's , Sky boxes, and playstations while I struggle to pay my bills with my 28" CRT TV with rabbit ears dodgy reception for RTE and TV3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

genericguy wrote: »
    in ireland you can have 167 previous convictions and still be a playschool caretaker. you can be sent to the joy to study hairdressing for cutting up your mother's boyfriend's body. you can rape somebody and get a suspended sentence, whereas you will be sent to prison for failing to pay a fine. government ministers can commit perjury and not even be questioned by the police. priests can rape innocent little babies with the knowledge, consent and protection of the government for decades.

but, if somebody comes into your house at night with the intention of raping you to bits, you aren't allowed to give him a dig to protect yourself.

That's what's wrong with the justice system.

Rampant hysteria and tabloid nonsense is what's wrong with our justice system?

Not what i would have reckoned, but to each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The one where a person can walk into your house without you being able protect yourself is crazy. In theory you have to wait for the person breaking into your home to attack you before you do anything.

If a person broke into my house I would not worry too much about the law thats for sure. Protection comes first, simply as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

anybody who rapes and/or kills someone deserves nothing short of a slow and horrible death!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement