Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with a fitness programme and diet-HELP!!

Options
  • 06-03-2010 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Hey there, apologies for the OTT thread headline. Would anyone be able to help me with my training.

I'll explain, i'm 5'7, weigh 11.5 stone, quite broad shouldered. I am looking to tone up significantly and improve my cardio. I have time to go to the gym 4-5 times per week for 1-2 hours per time. So I have no excuses.

Diet wise, I already eat pretty well, don't smoke or drink so what i'm looking for is the best possible diet to the gram that someone should eat to attain the results im looking for.

I'm quite toned in the arms and chest area but my core needs strenghtening, have a little flab around the upper thighs, buttocks and hips and lower stomach. Now its not that much but in comparison to the rest of the body its flab lol

I also want to improve my cardio significantly.

Could someone set out a training programme and diet for me to follow to the letter of the law?? God i know that sounds really cheeky of me to ask that but it would be such a great help.

Also if someone could point out the best times for me to eat, and also the best times to take protein shakes and also what kind of protein shakes.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

you really need to read the diet and fitness stickies in full and make an effort to come up with a plan based on the advice there. you have more chance of getting help with a proposed diet and fitness plan rather than expecting to be spoon fed .. post up some ideas for critique

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I agree. the infoo you require is only a click or 2 away. it takes less effort to
    create a plan than it does to implement a plan.
    I'm actually near your size 5'7 11'12 & stocky. I find it is simple maths.
    You need to create a calorie deficit either by exercising or diet.

One thing I swear by is a cheat day. I was stuck in a rut at 12'1 and found that if I ate well one day it reset my metabolism to it's higher state.
    Constant dieting will cause a low metabolic rate unless you reset the clock so to speak.

I'd say your maintanence cals are around 2500/2800 take off 500 cals split it into 4/5/6 meals and eat more often. never skip breakfast. reduce carbs after 8. You should never feel hungry with a little often.
    If you tempted to cheat just think of you upcoming cheat day, you can eat what you want then and not even within reason, if you're working out go ahead and gorge on 5000+ cals ^ ^.

last saturday I ate a fry in the morning, big dinner morrocan lamb, with spices, ice cream and I went mad on crisps and 2 packets of toffee pop biscuits, popcorn! really mad! This was a bad cheat day by anyone's standards and I'm usually never that bad but when I hit the gym on monday I felt strong and worked out well, I think it's great to recharge the batteries to the full every month or so especially if you are finding your workout challanging.

Why am I giving this advice when I'm actually heavier than you? because I shed 3 stone doing it. I'd say I am nearly there, it can see abs! I'm 39 btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭shootermacg

As far as exercise goes try Doug's four day split for 2 months then move on to another.

Advertisement