Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who makes you Drool debate

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

shellyboo wrote: »
    I think the mods have handled it perfectly.

The mod who wrote the post in question doesn't even think that. :confused: Did you miss some stuff maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

I think one of the goals of this forum is to get men to have open discussions about their lives. To maybe talk about issues in their lives, things that affect them, their attitudes towards certain things etc., while at the same time it being a place they can banter and chat in a relaxed environment.

I think the drool thread attracts guys who mightn't come here otherwise, and exposes them to the other, discussion threads we have here. I think this is positive.

However if guys come here, look at the thread and see strict, prudish moderation, it's going to give them a bad image of this place, and they won't stick around.

No thread is better than a very restricted thread, IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Khannie wrote: »
    The mod who wrote the post in question doesn't even think that. :confused: Did you miss some stuff maybe?

No Khannie, I didn't... I don't think he did anything wrong, even if he does think so. That ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

Eh....they did. This is that thread.

Sorry, you're in the wrong thread, and actually (no offence here) you're dragging this thread off topic. If you go into the drool thread you'll see that this thread was started off the back of me asking whether or not I should start a feedback thread (on over-moderation of that thread). It was suggested that we should have it out in here and so OG started this thread.

If you want a debate on whether or not there should be a drool thread at all I'd suggest you start a thread on it. I don't think there should be a debate on it personally and I don't think there's room in this thread for the discussion you want to have without muddying the waters.

edit: I'll come back to you on the other stuff though. I'm just hitting the hay now. Knackered.

Ah here. This thread is debating the drool thread ... I'm doing that ... how am I off-topic :confused:
    I think one of the goals of this forum is to get men to have open discussions about their lives. To maybe talk about issues in their lives, things that affect them, their attitudes towards certain things etc., while at the same time it being a place they can banter and chat in a relaxed environment.

I think the drool thread attracts guys who mightn't come here otherwise, and exposes them to the other, discussion threads we have here. I think this is positive.

However if guys come here, look at the thread and see strict, prudish moderation, it's going to give them a bad image of this place, and they won't stick around.

This makes an amount of sense. Thanks for that.

So ... what level of moderation is needed or acceptable? Where do you draw the line? Lingerie, underwear, page 3, FHM? Do we make it a free-for-all and only react to reported posts?

How likely is it that this type of thread will attract people with a narrow focus, who won't read the wider forum? What about the message this type of thread will send out to the wider boards community?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

trout wrote: »
    Are you arguing we should have a drool thread because we have a record player thread?

No, I'm arguing against using that charters "Discussion of issues..." as a possible reason for getting rid of the the drool thread because that same rational isn't applied to the record player thread.

This is the second time you have asked me can I aritclulate my position and I answered you the first time.

• Advertisement

shellyboo wrote: »
    No Khannie, I didn't... I don't think he did anything wrong, even if he does think so. That ok?

Not really. Your tone is pretty nasty for a start. secondly I think it's pretty obvious that his post wasn't flawless.

deadhead13 wrote: »
    No, I'm arguing against using that charters "Discussion of issues..." as a possible reason for getting rid of the the drool thread because that same rational isn't applied to the record player thread.

This is the second time you have asked me can I aritclulate my position and I answered you the first time.

Is this is the answer you mean ?
    I'm not particularlly excerised about whether it stays or goes, but would vote for it to stay on the grounds of - if a you dislike the contents of a thread you always have the option of not entering it.

You're saying you want the thread kept open - fine - I'm asking why?

This is the third or fourth time I've been called on wanting to close the thread down ... I'm not advocating that at all. I'm not looking for reasons against the drool thread, I'm looking for reasons for the drool thread. I'm also looking for boundaries that people can abide by.

Ah here. This thread is debating the drool thread ... I'm doing that ... how am I off-topic :confused:?

ah nvm. You were suggesting that the thread was to debate the existence of the drool thread but actually this thread was started because of OGs post. Anyway I'm gone to bed.

This is the third or fourth time I've been called on wanting to close the thread down ... I'm not advocating that at all. I'm not looking for reasons against the drool thread, I'm looking for reasons for the drool thread. I'm also looking for boundaries that people can abide by.

I think the confusion lies in what OG said about being eager to close the drool thread

ah nvm. You were suggesting that the thread was to debate the existence of the drool thread but actually this thread was started because of OGs post. Anyway I'm gone to bed.

Are you confusing my posts with OG's original post?

I'm not debating the existence of the drool thread ... it exists / no arguments ... I'm debating the future of the drool thread ... what happens next?

• Advertisement

What about the message this type of thread will send out to the wider boards community?

I've seen you post the word "message" a few times, but you haven't really explained what you mean by it...

Here a comparison to tLL is appropriate because it's another public forum which has a provocative picture thread, and therefore we can look to them as an example. I don't think they've sent any overtly negative message to the wider boards community, just that "girls like hot guys".

Similarly, I believe the message that a thread like this sends is "guys like hot girls". I don't really see what kind of negative message it would be sending to the wider boards community.

Re: what we should allow and what we should not, I would be of the opinion that a simple no nudity rule would be fine, as it's clear and unambiguous. Yes there might be some pictures posted that some people might find to be overtly risqué or whatever, but is it really that big of a deal? People can just scroll on or not view the thread at all.

I've seen you post the word "message" a few times, but you haven't really explained what you mean by it...

Here a comparison to tLL is appropriate because it's another public forum which has a provocative picture thread, and therefore we can look to them as an example. I don't think they've sent any overtly negative message to the wider boards community, just that "girls like hot guys".

Similarly, I believe the message that a thread like this sends is "guys like hot girls". I don't really see what kind of negative message it would be sending to the wider boards community.

Re: what we should allow and what we should not, I would be of the opinion that a simple no nudity rule would be fine, as it's clear and unambiguous. Yes there might be some pictures posted that some people might find to be overtly risqué or whatever, but is it really that big of a deal? People can just scroll on or not view the thread at all.

By "message" I mean what does a drool thread say about this forum? How does it fit with the community we find ourselves in? Gentlemen or lechers? We claim to promote discussion, as stated in the Charter, and yet our most visited thread is pictures of women? Is this how we want to portray ourselves? With a whole Internet full of all kinds of pictures, is another thread of pictures the best we can do with ourselves?

I still don't think comparisons with tLL thread are valid ... different forum, with a different community, different norms. It's not a yin-yang thing. Just like the message "guys like hot girls" ... I don't think it's that simple.

No nudity is a no-brainer, that's site-wide, even for forums dedicated to drool threads. (such forums do exist). Is that enough though? Do we leave it to be self-moderating and only react to reported posts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

You're saying you want the thread kept open - fine - I'm asking why?

Main reason being, it seems to be popular with the posters on the whole and I was going say it within the charters rules , but I suppose that is debatable.

But maybe it isn't as popular as it seems. A poll on - whether it should exist at all, and if so...what is and isn't acceptable would clarify things a bit I think.

By "message" I mean what does a drool thread say about this forum? How does it fit with the community we find ourselves in? Gentlemen or lechers?
    I think your use of the term "lecher" here is derogatory.

One can be a "gentleman" and still look at sexy, revealing pictures of women unashamedly. I for one will not hide the fact that I look at such pictures on the internet. I'm not a dirty old man. As far as I'm concerned it is perfectly normal and healthy.
    I still don't think comparisons with tLL thread are valid ... different forum, with a different community, different norms. It's not a yin-yang thing. Just like the message "guys like hot girls" ... I don't think it's that simple.
    I think it is, but I won't argue based on tLL any further.
    No nudity is a no-brainer, that's site-wide, even for forums dedicated to drool threads. (such forums do exist). Is that enough though? Do we leave it to be self-moderating and only react to reported posts?
    Maybe respond to reported posts and also have a mod read through the most recent posts every 3/4 days and delete anything they find to be OTT.

Main reason being, it seems to be popular with the posters on the whole and I was going say it within the charters rules , but I suppose that is debatable.

But maybe it isn't as popular as seems. A poll on - whether it should exist at all, and if so...what is and isn't acceptable would clarify things a bit I think.

Right so .. suggested poll question "Do you want the "drool" thread in tGC?"

Suggested poll options
    1. Yes - The Charter suppports such a thread.
    2. Yes - SFW pictures only. No nudity. Allow comments.
    3. Yes - SFW pictures only. No nudity. No comments.
    4. No - The Charter does not suppport such a thread.
    5. No - not where I want this forum to go.
    6. No - there is a whole Internet for that
    7. Don't care.

I think your use of the term "lecher" here is derogatory.

One can be a "gentleman" and still look at sexy, revealing pictures of women unashamedly. I for one will not hide the fact that I look at such pictures on the internet. I'm not a dirty old man. As far as I'm concerned it is perfectly normal and healthy.

My use of the term lecher is deliberate. I'm thinking of the "Pwhoarr ... I'd milk myself dry" type comments. That's derogatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

By "message" I mean what does a drool thread say about this forum? How does it fit with the community we find ourselves in? Gentlemen or lechers? We claim to promote discussion, as stated in the Charter, and yet our most visited thread is pictures of women? Is this how we want to portray ourselves? With a whole Internet full of all kinds of pictures, is another thread of pictures the best we can do with ourselves?

Sorry, this sounds like a what you want TGC to be post. Is it a mod or user post?

I posted before on a feedback thread, this board will become what its users and posters want it to be, not what mods or the few who suggested the forum, want it to be.

Its finding its feet. The picture thread may die a death in 6 months time, it may not. We'll know then what its place is.

The assumption seems to be we can't have a pic thread in TGC because its too much hassle.

Edit: from the mods that is. I don't want mods modding a thread they aren't comfortable with.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,054 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

After my warning i am scarred to post

But i think the mods of the Social area of boards.ie should decide on what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Before I get into it I want to note that everyone has been at pains to smile, thank, applaud and wave to eachother here. I'm

glad that we can rise above our differences and behave as gentlmen.
    So, without fear of hurting anyones toes if I trod on them...

No it shouldn't and for a very good reason: Photos in the photography forum come from users computers so they need to be

hosted somehow anyway. Photos in threads like the drool one are hotlinked. Having a size requirement would mean I would

have to download the image, resize it, then have it hosted somewhere. That's 3 seconds of effort (hotlink) versus about 60

(download, resize, upload to image hosting site then hotlink) (edit: and potential copyright infringement).

I think the benefit of not having to moderate image size makes everyone feel better (less moderation ftw) for very little downside

(the occasional image that's a bit too big). I don't particularly like large images but they don't break my bandwidth limit either.
    Point taken but people are posting very big images and then someone quotes that picture. You know it happens and I am

simply trying to find a way to stop that. Simplest way was to ask that posted pictures be small. Yeah I know, very arbitrary

but I would have clarified eventually, pherhaps by recommending a size limit similar to that of the photography forum...
    Keep images under 800px on the longest side. If you want to post larger images, you should provide a link to them.

Try to keep to a maximum of 4 images to a thread, and link the others. Exceptions can be made, in cases of stories being told

with the photographs, etc. Please use common sense.

"I'm sure all of the gentlemen here would agree to report any NSFW stuff to make your life easier if necessary." Reported

posts are always appricated. Problem here is that whats NSFW for one is different to someone else.

The post that provoked my reaction (post, not the entire thread) was this...http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?

p=64763614&postcount=137 particulary the 3ed image. I felt that this was an image that was nudging what is acceptable

here in the wrong direction for the forum and I put in an in thread warning. No deletions, no infractions, no bannings. An

(admittadly rantish) warning in the thread was the limit of my over-zealous/heavy handed/over-moderation.
    Wasn't that much as you suggested was a way of keeping the thread under control here:
    I would say the overhead of re

-issuing the warning from time to time has a massive benefit (no nanny state staring you in the face every time you visit the

forum) for a relatively low cost (occasional need to reiterate yourself or remove offending posts).
    I then signposted the warning specifically to direct posters to a warning. That is simply modding the thread. Your method of

handling it is different to mine. My wording in the thread might not have been choice but would it have been better if I simply

deleated the post and banned the poster with a cheery "Take a week off" comment? Is that a better form of moderation?
    I really don't want to know that you're here as a moderator, only as a contributor (I don't mean that in a bad way, I just mean I'd

rather that 98% of your posts in the forum were as a contributor instead of as a moderator).
    Yep, I'd love to have a forum that dosen't need moderation but you know that's a rare thing. I'd love to be a contribuator to the

forum as me-John, but I have to self edit 98% of my posts. I bite my tongue and withold posts because as a moderator I'm

trying to set a standard for posters. What you see are 98% 'be good your a mod' posts and 2% of me. :-)
    But I do understand what you are getting at here and I think that most of the time we manage that. We keep a watching brief

but generally a quiet word or whisper in the PM ear makes things run smooth and seemlessly. It's just this thread.
    As for the thread itself. Well, I'm not a fan of it tbh. Don't get me wrong, I ain't no prude. SlyDice is in my subbed list for a

reason. I'm as much an admirer of the female form as you all, in fact possibly more. Its not about that at all. Its about suitability

in my eyes. I would hate for the forum to become the FHM of boards.ie. With a descent into that kind of territory. Its not man-

AH in my eyes either. After this thread, where do we draw a line on the threads that get posted.
    This sums up my feelings about the forum and what I think it represents. I aim for broadsheet not tabloid and this drool thread

is tabloid. Perhaps thats what really should be put up for discussion here.
    I really feel very strongly about those "MOD NOTE POST BLAH BLAH" things. They set a horrible, nasty tone in what is

growing into a super forum.
    To clear this up. I posted that in the thread title. I also don't like it, and never really do it. I'll explain why though, and it might

make you feel a little better dude.

I knew we as a Mod group were discussing the thread etc at the time. I issued the warning, and tbh, wanted to make sure that

no-one, particularly anyone new to the forum, didn't know it was there, and then went against it. It was specifically do to with

not arguing Mod decision in thread, so not actually to do with the thread content. I didn't want anyone to get a silly

warning/infraction etc over something we could have had sorted shortly after. You get me?

It is most definitely not something I will be making a habit of, mostly because I agree with your own thoughts on it. That

includes whatever thread (if any) comes from this discussion.
    To clear up MM's clear up I did re-edit the title and put in a signpost to my warning. I still feel this is a useful tool for modding.

It's only used on one thread out of the first 5 pages, perhaps more I didn't bother looking any further. I take your point Khanne

about it spoiling the view and giving the impression that the forum is over modded. I will be more circumspect and use it

spareingly if at all. (Just re-read that and it comes across as pompous - I don't mean that to sound condecending in any way.

Within the parameters of the forum charter the posters ultimately dictate what direction a

forum takes. The thread in question has had 150 posts and 11,000 views . I'm not particularlly excerised about whether it stays

or goes, but would vote for it to stay on the grounds of - if a you dislike the contents of a thread you always have the option of

not entering it.
    The problem with your voting as you do is that the thread remains in existance - and with less moderation then it currently

receives. It set's a precident. It opens the doors for other similar threads. Is that really how you want the forum to go?
    As I said, I don't really care about the thread. I care about the precedent that's being set by it. That you're standing up to

defend that precedent (despite the moderator in question admitting that he was going off on one) is a very bad sign to me (and

others who have said that it is "pathetic" and that removal of it would call into question the very existence of tGC!!).
    [\quote]
    The precident being set by the thread is foremost in my mind. The precident being set within the thread is another issue. The

thread is setting the wrong precident for the forum. Within the thread I stand by my decision to warn posters that the images

were now byond acceptable for the thread. I set a limit of acceptability. The idea of the warning ws to prevent the quality of the

photographs slipping any further.
    I should add that I take your point about it sending out the wrong message. I think it's far more important not to be over-

moderated though. We're in a lose-lose scenario now. I think the greater good is served by leaving the thread in place.
    My warning said that I WOULD close the thread IF the quality of the images didn't improve. A warning. How and when did a

warning become over moderation? The issue here is that my standard of acceptability is different to yours. What you see as

acceptable I see as getting close enough to NSFW to warrent a wake up call.
    The mod who wrote the post in question doesn't even think that. Did you miss some stuff maybe?
    Not so. I said I ranted but that I stand by my decision to make the warning.

I see the same as you but from the other side of the coin. I see people coming here to post serious or health questions and they are greeted with "Who makes you drool" on the front page. That would detere me from posting a thread about erectile dysfunction or should the pension age be raised. It trivialises the forum.
    I think the confusion lies in what OG said about being eager to close the drool thread
    That is my personal view. Other mods have said that they dislike the thread. I have always said I will close it if it gets out of hand. I would close it now if I could.

My take:
    There are three issues going on here.
    1: Over moderation of a thread
    2: Should the thread exist in the first place.
    3: What does tGC represent?

First, overmoderation. No one has been banned. No one has been infracted. No one has had posts deleated by me. When

the posted pictures became more risque then earlier I issued a warning. That my warning was rantish is not in dispute. That

does not mean that my warning was incorrect. I have explaned why I issued a warning. So it's about my perception of whats

acceptable. If anyone has a gripe with where I draw the line or define the standard them make that THAT the discussion but

over modding? Don't think so.

Should the thread exist? I say no and I've always said that yet the thread exists. I believe it sets the wrong image for the

forum. I think that the we, the mods made a mistake in letting the thread go ahead. However, as a number of users want the

thread we have been trying to work out how best to allow the thread to exist and were in discussion about it.

The above also ties into the fundamenal issue, one that is really the crux of the matter for me. What is tGC about, where is it

going, what is it's reason for existance. Thats what I want to hear from the members of the forum. Is my view of where the

forum should be going radically different from yours? A tits and ass thread dosen't fit in what I want this place to be, I have

enough of that elsewhere.

Every time I come in to post this there are 6 more posts in the thread. I'll go through the rest of them later.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Maybe respond to reported posts and also have a mod read through the most recent posts every 3/4 days and delete anything they find to be OTT.
    Thats more modding the the thread currently undergoes. Reported post always get attention. Occasionally I'll look into the forum to see that things are ticking along - can't speak for anyone else.
    And so far the only pictures deleted (IIRC) were at the start of the thread during the guys/gals arguments.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    Sorry, this sounds like a what you want TGC to be post. Is it a mod or user post?

It's a post. I'm a user too. Is my opinion less valid for some reason?
    I posted before on a feedback thread, this board will become what its users and posters want it to be, not what mods or the few who suggested the forum, want it to be.

I think you are missing the point. Several mods here don't like the idea of the drool thread. The drool thread still exists, and has generated some debate. Through this debate, people with an interest in the forum (be they users or mods) can influence the direction of the forum. How is that a bad thing?
    The assumption seems to be we can't have a pic thread in TGC because its too much hassle.

Not really. Again, I think you are missing the point. I've said what my experience with these type of threads has been in the past, namely ... they require more moderation than other threads. That's my opinion, based on experience. I'm not putting that forward as a reason for not having a pic thread.

What I am doing is asking people who are in favour of the pictures thread, to explain why they are in favour.
    Edit: from the mods that is. I don't want mods modding a thread they aren't comfortable with.

Really, that happens all the time. Mods don't mod threads they are comfortable with, they mod all threads in line with the expectations of the forum, sometimes through reading / close attention, other times through reacting to reported posts.

In this case, in this forum, the boundaries and expectations for a drool (we need a better name) or pictures thread are not clear, and despite my best efforts, have not been set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

This is TGC not tLL so you will have guy stuff.

I havent seen anything on it thats nasty on the drool thread. You can over analyse these things.

When I see women pics that are skinny,usually in Womens Magazines, I almost gag as invariably you will have airbrushed thighs etc.
    PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

****(originally posted by oldgoat)***
    My take:
    3: What does tGC represent
    ?

1- since you haven't closed the thread, there is no over-moderation IMO- you have rasied an issue that you feel needs discussed...nothing more...I think there are a few pics there that probably shouldn't be but vast majority are fine..

2.I think the thread is sterotypical, maybe somewhat un-PC -old fashioned slap and tickle- it is therefore perfect-
    I think it's a reminder that no matter what crap we come out with in the other threads on TGC or what we state to aspire to, us gentlemen are simple fools who can be reduced to blithering idots given the right dimentions and appropriate air-brushing of the female form- it's a good reminder not to take ourselves too seriously...it's the pirelli calendar tucked away in the corner of TGC library or reading room-we know we can look at it whenever we want, but usually don't take much notice of it- but we would miss it if it went

3. I actually don't know, but killing that thread will make TGC a quieter place- for those who are interested in maintaining TGC, a brainstorm of ideas is needed I think- the 'drool' thread probably stands out possibly because TGC is low on direction and contributors...I don't think we need a 'debate' on the future of TGC, I think we need ideas...

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned. But, have you seen the way some girls dress to go out in public these days???? I think some of the pictures are mild in comparision to what you see on the streets, in clubs or pubs on your average weekend night!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Cicero wrote: »
    ****(originally posted by oldgoat)***
    My take:
    3: What does tGC represent
    ?

1- since you haven't closed the thread, there is no over-moderation IMO- you have rasied an issue that you feel needs discussed...nothing more...I think there are a few pics there that probably shouldn't be but vast majority are fine..

2.I think the thread is sterotypical, maybe somewhat un-PC -old fashioned slap and tickle- it is therefore perfect-
    I think it's a reminder that no matter what crap we come out with in the other threads on TGC or what we state to aspire to, us gentlemen are simple fools who can be reduced to blithering idots given the right dimentions and appropriate air-brushing of the female form- it's a good reminder not to take ourselves too seriously...it's the pirelli calendar tucked away in the corner of TGC library or reading room-we know we can look at it whenever we want, but usually don't take much notice of it- but we would miss it if it went

3. I actually don't know, but killing that thread will make TGC a quieter place- for those who are interested in maintaining TGC, a brainstorm of ideas is needed I think- the 'drool' thread probably stands out possibly because TGC is low on direction and contributors...I don't think we need a 'debate' on the future of TGC, I think we need ideas...

Thanks Cicero for a well put together post.

Specifically on your 3rd point, the forum has been quite a bit busier as of late. I think some of that has been the drool effect. I also think that we have had some quality threads and discussions started recently. I think ideas, both new and old are whats needed to push this forum on and make it more popular. I've said from day 1 of my period of modding this place, that I was always open to feedback and ideas. I know the other mods are of this mind too. Maybe another thread with some general feedback and most importantly some new ideas is also needed. I'd hate to see the direction of this forum linked to the T&A thread solely. Its better than that and the posters who post here are also better than that.

I think ideas, both new and old are whats needed to push this forum on and make it more popular. I've said from day 1 of my period of modding this place, that I was always open to feedback and ideas. I know the other mods are of this mind too.

...I must point out that I am honestly short on ideas at the moment so appreciate it's not an easy thing to get right.....take male medical issues...someone seeking advice on a male medical issue will more than likely see that thread closed very quickly (and rightly so), but if someone seeks other male's past experience of that issue, then it could become a good and insightful thread.....it's just a subtle change in wording to get it right...
    ..I agree, there have been some great new threads opened of late...I hope peoples good ideas continue (and hopefully I'll think of something worth posting)....change is always difficult...I would be interested in the views of TGC mods as to what they 'think' TGC stands for...who they envisage using it...what they don't want to see it become...a thread on that might be insightful for all concerned...

Cicero -dont be so hard on yourself.

The reason it is getting busier is that people are loosing their preconceptions of what they can and cant post and threads they can start.

I think its gotten a lot more asdventurous.

CDfm wrote: »
    The reason it is getting busier is that people are loosing their preconceptions of what they can and cant post and threads they can start.
    I think its gotten a lot more asdventurous.

..agree..(mods watch out!!:D)...I think it's in a time of transition and as a result, there will be robust debate/ arguements etc but if everyone keeps to the charter in terms of treating each other with respect which they appear to be doing, it could be a worthwhile venture & TGC could be stronger as a result

...even this thread is good - alternative title could be - are we kidding ourselves when we say we state we prefer a broadsheet, when really, we are always thinking about what's in the tabloids!!:p...actually, wonder if there's stats on what other papers men buy on Sunday in addition to the Sunday Business Post...reckon Sunday World ranks high...ah, a new thread idea...

thats it about the tabloids and broadsheets :D

the other thing i have noticed is that there are a lot of new posters

i dont think MMs homosexual thread would have worked 3 months ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

interesting stuff, maybe fodder for another thread perhaps?

back to the drool thread though. What kind of standards would posters like to see enforced?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement