Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What brands have you smoked throughout the years?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 robbie8108

smoked mayfair superkings for 2 years then benson for a year and now on amber leaf for the last 2 and a half years :L

• Registered Users Posts: 7 David Davidson

Started on silk cut ultra, then to Players navy cuts then onto camel filters (Love em!)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Marlboro red, Major, Silk cut purple and blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Smoked Major for years. Started when 10 Major were 27 & half pence!
    Then smoked B&H for a few years when I could afford 20's
    Smoked Silk Cut Red ,Purple,Blue & even Ultra when I was playing football, soccer, etc.
    Went through various phases - Dunhills, Rothmans,Marlboro,More,
    Superkings,Embassy,Carolls,JPS,John Player Blue. And the 'Light' versions of them.
    Started smoking Mayfair Lights a few years ago to save a few cent.
    Smoking them ever since

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭s-cogan

started smoking properly with Golden Virginia, cos a cousin used to smoke them, and I just followed suit when I started, mostly cos of price. A
    fter a few months on that, and the odd pouch of Drum or Cutters Choice, bought a box of Silk Cut Purple on a night out, loved not having to roll up.

Two boxes later switched to B/H Gold, lovely, stuck at it for about a year, with the odd box of B/H Silver Slide, again lovely, but nearly got sick smoking one while desperatly hungover oone morning so steered clear since. Couldn't risk it
    Last December bought a box of Silk Cut Purple for absolutely no reason and stayed there until last week, when I started smoking Marlboro Lights, again for absolutely no reason.

Anytime I smoked B/H since I switched they seemed very strong, but Silk Cuts or Marlboros are a bit light at times, so started to get temped to go back now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

(im off them now at the moment but the pounds are creeping back up so im at a bit of a loss as what to do)

heres the brands i used to smoke:

my first cigarette when i was 10: woodbines (puked afterwards)

12: silk cut purple

all through my teens and adult hood: john player blue either that or benson & hedges (if i was stuck and they ran out of jpb's..

• Registered Users Posts: 38 odinreln

John Player Blue from 14 -17
    Silk Cut Purple from 19 -21
    Cutters Choice from 22-23
    Golden verginia for 3 months at 27, then Camel Lights(blue),

Now on marlboro lights for last few months coz Camel Lights burn way too quick.

Hopefully an electronic cigarette in the near future so i can kick em again.

Started on B+H then stuck with Carrolls from 16-23 with the odd box of Marlboro or Lucky Strike for a change. Spent the last year smoking whatever crappy ones are cheap up north and rolling tobacco. With the exchange rate etc. there's not much saving up there so I'm going to be trying to stick to rolling tobacco/Carrolls for the odd treat for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,087 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Started off with Camels, then went to Lucky Strike which I'm on now.

I occasionally go for Marlboro Reds or Phillip Morris, if there's nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Tamoreit

I started on Marlboro gold before moving to Benson and Hedges Silver. When I changed to rollies, I started on Drum but I changed after it started staining my teeth like crazy. Golden Virginia is what I mostly smoke now, but I do like the odd pouch of old holborn.

• Advertisement
Advertisement