Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 Picture Book's Pack (suited to under 5's) - €10 delivered [Sendit]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

My gift for my little one arrived in galway today, great value, cheers basquille

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Mine arrived Firiday, great set and great value, worked out 10.03e to the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Anyone see any nice bookends to go with these?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭JacksDad

My set landed this morning!
    Well chuffed!
    Thanks again basq!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Cheers Basq, you see any nice unisex bookends anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Fraid not.. I've never seen the point in bookends!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Was just reading one of these books to my daughter yesterday and there is a very weird ending in one of them. The book is about bad wolves and the two baby wolves are sent out to get food and they just end up catching other small animals, putting them in pies and eating them. At the dinner table there are pies with feet sticking out and shoes still on the little rabbits and mice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Was just reading one of these books to my daughter yesterday and there is a very weird ending in one of them. The book is about bad wolves and the two baby wolves are sent out to get food and they just end up catching other small animals, putting them in pies and eating them. At the dinner table there are pies with feet sticking out and shoes still on the little rabbits and mice.

I know, a mad book. Not the best before bed. I tried to make light of it, the kids just looked up at me like they were waiting for the punchline...

'Ive just finished reading this book to my little sister and she ended up crying her eyes out. The ending is extremely sickening. Basically its about a nasty wolf family who decide to trick all these cute little rabbits and mice into thinking theyre playing a game, but they end up shoving them in a sack and taking them home to cook. I couldnt believe the last page which shows the wolf family with pies that have little mice ears and rabbit ears sticking out of them and you can even see all the little shoes on the floor that theyve removed from the poor animals. Truly sickening and i dont reccomend anyone buying this for their kids unless they want them having bad dreams.'

Amazon reviewer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

A lot of traditional fairy tales are a bit gruesome, although the endings may be a bit happier, that is if you're not a giant, a witch, a stepmother or a wolf.
    As Frank Carson used to say "It's the way you tell 'em" :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement