Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing Good Morning Exercise - Sore Shoulders

Options
  • 04-03-2010 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have started doing this exercise to strengthen my lower back but even 2 days after doing it my upper back - right across my shoulders - is still very sore.

Why would this be?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭J-Fit

K09 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have started doing this exercise to strengthen my lower back but even 2 days after doing it my upper back - right across my shoulders - is still very sore.

Why would this be?

Thanks.

Firstly his demonstration isn't that great so beware of youtube videos like that. It's hard to say why your upper back is sore. Is it 'injured' sore or 'I've just had a really hard workout' sore? If it's the latter, I wouldn't worry. If it's the former, make sure that when you are doing it that your upper spine is not rounded and that the abdominals, lower back and gluts are all tensed and "taking the weight". Pull your shoulders blades together and keep the chest out but don't extend the head way back - this could cause pain in the upper spine which may already me immobile. As you fatigue in a good morning it's very easy to get lazy and allow the back to round off. If this happens either stay disciplined or terminate the set. Below is a good thoracic mobility exercise to help you. Notwithstanding what I said about youtube videos, this is a good source.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06G7VVgjg_Q

Advertisement