Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been Arrested?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

no, i behave myself

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭captainjack

Cuffed for skinny dipping in a public pool in Australia.

Apologies from me and my attractive swimming partner AND a charitable donation to the local police beer fund....

And everyone went their seperate ways happy/relieved :D

So to answer the question, Almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Atari jaguar!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Is it a bad sign if myself and all the District Court judges are on a first name basis?

(Nah, I'm kidding. I've never been caught)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Is it a bad sign if myself and all the District Court judges are on a first name basis?

(Nah, I'm kidding. I've never been caught)
    Everyone should get caught for something, it looks good on the CV and it's not like you'll actually end up in prison or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I battered a sausage and asalted some peanuts.

Then I stabbed a box of wheetos, they called me the cereal killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Overheal wrote: »
    I've been detained, brought in for questioning. But arresting assumes you've been read your memorandum rights and put in a cell of some form. To which I definitely have not.

Miranda warning.

A word of advice, if you are arrested, do not speak. Not a word, just to be sure you don't incriminate yourself by saying anything that they might find useful.

Never been arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

you obviously haven't as the correct GARDA caution is "you are not obliged to say anything unless you wish to do so but whatever you say will be taken down in writing and may be given in evidence" and no guard says that when their arresting anyway :D

never been arrested, few close calls, thank god cos i couldn't do what i do if i did!!!!!

Because your a guard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

xyz1 wrote: »
    Spent six months in prison.

I headbutted a guy who sexually abused my younger sister.

He never served a day in prison.

Justice - Irish style.

You did a lot more than headbutt him to get 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭xyz1

SV wrote: »
    You did a lot more than headbutt him to get 6 months.

No, just headbutted him. Broke his nose.

It may have been the fact that it was in a packed courtroom that went against me....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

It may have been the fact that it was in a packed courtroom that went against me....

probably a factor.... :D

Was it a 6 month sentence or did you serve 6 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

That'd explain it.. Fair play to ya though. Just a pity ya didn't get to do a bit more.. Or maybe ya did ;)

I served 6 months.

To be honest it wasnt all that bad, dont get me wrong, its not a nice place, not at all, but its possible to get by. I just kept my head down and my mouth shut. And the prison officers were sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

The only time I have been in a garda station was to apply for my driving licence. I'm very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Bolag_the_2nd

I served 6 months.

To be honest it wasnt all that bad, dont get me wrong, its not a nice place, not at all, but its possible to get by. I just kept my head down and my mouth shut. And the prison officers were sound.

aahhhh this is soooo tempting.......... must not make cheap jybes at others expence.......................

aahhhh this is soooo tempting.......... must not make cheap jybes at others expence.......................

I DEFINITELY should have worded that better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Fair play for nutting the cnut!! Sometimes the judgement's of the courts in this country astound me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cailin beag

Hi folks..................this is my very first post on here:D:D

Yes i was arrested!!!!:P

One night when i was coming home from a rave with friends, and we decided to rob flowerpots from peoples doors for the craic.............i was caught red handed with this horrible lookin swan full of flowers..........spent half the night in the barracks, with my friends in diferent cells, screaming and singing to each other through the little bars on the cell doors..........................absolutely hilarious !!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Because your a guard?

Or a criminal.

Been threatened with arrest, had to bribe police a few times (but par for the course in a lot of South East Asia to be fair) - I doubt they would have gone through with it - more likely a means to extract a larger bribe, but never ended up in a cell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Hi folks..................this is my very first post on here:D:D

Yes i was arrested!!!!:P

One night when i was coming home from a rave with friends, and we decided to rob flowerpots from peoples doors for the craic.............i was caught red handed with this horrible lookin swan full of flowers..........spent half the night in the barracks, with my friends in diferent cells, screaming and singing to each other through the little bars on the cell doors..........................absolutely hilarious !!!:D:D:D

Great first post, "Hi all, my name is cailin beag and I am a criminal" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Unfortuately yes.

I spent ten nights in a Munich jail on an assault charge.Big place here's a link if your interested http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/index.php/t62052.html

Wasn't much fun.

Won't be happening again

Don't put myself into situations where it might be possible to be charged with assault anymore:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Got a phone call from a Garda yesterday to tell me that there was a warrant out for my arrest.

Apparently I had been summonsed for non-payment of a fine and at the Circuit Court in Galway last September I was given the option of paying €130 or doing 4 days in Castlerea.

Didn't know anything about it until I got that call yesterday- the summons had gone to my old address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Got a phone call from a Garda yesterday to tell me that there was a warrant out for my arrest.

Apparently I had been summonsed for non-payment of a fine and at the Circuit Court in Galway last September I was given the option of paying €130 or doing 4 days in Castlerea.

Didn't know anything about it until I got that call yesterday- the summons had gone to my old address.

You're going DOWN ya weirdo :D

Seriously though, whats the scraic now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Outrage

Ha! Proof the boards.ie demographic is as undesirable as I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

You're going DOWN ya weirdo :D

Seriously though, whats the scraic now?
    Paid the €130 today.

Bit disappointed tbh- wanted to go down in a blaze of glory shouting stuff like, "You'll never take me alive copper!"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Arrested on a bogus 'firearms offense' charge.

I'm not going to go into it here, but lets just say the Gardaí don't know the law as well as they should.

Was let go after being held in the station for less than 20 minutes with a friend of mine. I think they realized their mistake and were eager to get us out of there as quickly and quietly as they could.

Why do I suddenly think of Mr Bean in the airport? :pac:

And to the answer the question, never. I'm a good boy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Fair play for nutting the cnut!!

You would have shot him though, wouldn't ya Billy?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

baz2009 wrote: »
    You would have shot him though, wouldn't ya Billy?:p

Billy Mitchell is a wuss :P He'd get Grant or Phil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

not only that , ive been convicted of a crime

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Elenxor

No but one of them tried to take down my particulars once

Advertisement