Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patrick's Day Pub Crawl (Melbourne)

Options
  • 03-03-2010 4:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Anyone interested in going on a pub crawl around the Irish bars of Melbourne on St. Patrick’s Day?

It falls on a Wednesday this year but I have just booked it and the day after off work and am wondering if there are any other Irish people on here that are off on the day and fancy it? (99% of the people I know from living here are Australian and work full time so will be more difficult to persuade them to take the day off)

No route planed yet so Id love to hear some suggestions!

Anyway let me know if you’re interested and we can plan something!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Doc wrote: »
    Anyone interested in going on a pub crawl around the Irish bars of Melbourne on St. Patrick’s Day?

It falls on a Wednesday this year but I have just booked it and the day after off work and am wondering if there are any other Irish people on here that are off on the day and fancy it? (99% of the people I know from living here are Australian and work full time so will be more difficult to persuade them to take the day off)

No route planed yet so Id love to hear some suggestions!

Anyway let me know if you’re interested and we can plan something!

Me and missus will be booking it off anyway, I'd be interested. I'd put forward P J O Briens in Southbank as a starting point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I'm starting in Geelong heading South. Doubt I can make it

Zambia232 wrote: »
    I'm starting in Geelong heading South. Doubt I can make it

Ah, it's Paddy's Day, anything could happen. You might wake up on the Spirit of Tasmania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Jesus since I moved here my beer intake has fallen and my age has risen. I am happy enough just to wake up after a session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Ill be around and about, finish work at 3.30 and off the next day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RedNiamhy

Sounds good but I have to work but may join ye afterwards.
    Can I suggest Bridie O'Reilly's on Chapel St. South Yarra for some stage during the day/night?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Ah, it's Paddy's Day, anything could happen. You might wake up on the Spirit of Tasmania.

Now that would make for an awesome St.Paddys day story.

"I don’t know what happened all I know is I woke up in a pile of lobster cages, wearing only a green tutu and a Leprechaun hat, and all the signs said Hobart Tasmania!"

"I don’t know what happened all I know is I woke up in a pile of lobster cages, wearing only a green tutu and a Leprechaun hat, and all the signs said Hobart Tasmania!"

I'm going to bring a spare pair of socks just in case.

Been to P J O'Briens, Puggsys and the Irish Times. The Irish Times is a cracking wee pub and never seems to be packed, though that might change on Paddy's Day.

Getting closer to the big day anyone else interested.

(May not turn out to be a pub crawl in the end, but may involve crawling home from the pub)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

"I don’t know what happened all I know is I woke up in a pile of lobster cages, wearing only a green tutuApron and a Leprechaun hat, and all the signs said Hobart Tasmania!South Johnstone QLD"

Come on Admit it, We've all drunkenly woken up on a Boat sometime or other and Wondered what the Fvck happened there :)

Come on Admit it, We've all drunkenly woken up on a Boat sometime or other and Wondered what the Fvck happened there :)

Nice!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

One of my alltime Wierdest was wakin up on the Roof of some Energex Substation with no Shirt and a bag of Pot squirreled away in my pocket, theyt are not easy places to gain access to, tokk me over half an hour to figure out how to get out, I'm still unsure as to how or Why I was there in the first place.

some mornins like that I think I'd have been better off in the Watch house

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

The Quiet Man is a bit far out for a pub crawl around the CBD. WE will br crawling after all!! :p

but we could do a few in the CBD and then someone mentioned Bridie O'Reillys out the other direction on Chapel St.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    The Quiet Man is a bit far out for a pub crawl around the CBD. WE will br crawling after all!! :p

but we could do a few in the CBD and then someone mentioned Bridie O'Reillys out the other direction on Chapel St.

Good stuff I take it that you're in then?

lol well im working but i'll stop by for 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Woodsy-eile

Ya got two more takers here man, me and the missus are dyin for the beer :D ya kickin it off in Pj's?

Ya got two more takers here man, me and the missus are dyin for the beer :D ya kickin it off in Pj's?

Good man yourself! Yea Pj's is as good a place as any to start.

Cool bananas!! We're def in! We'l see if we can recruit a few of the paddys from work to join the posse!Let us know our starting point n we'l be there with bells on.Cant wait:)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭seanie_k

sounds good. count me in for this too, and possibly the missus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

myself and my buddy are on for this defo. Have any of ye being to The Drunken Poet up by the victoria market? My favourite pub in melbs, not very diddley-idley and good guinness

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭seanie_k

paulieeye wrote: »
    Have any of ye being to The Drunken Poet up by the victoria market?

i was in there for the first time recently. thats a class pub alright

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Well I'm starting my job on Wednesday... wonder if i could sneak off...:pac:

So we have a fare amount of people who are interested now so maybe we should sort out when we want to meet up say 12:00?

I'll come up with a route and post it up so everyone can have their say.

Should be good!

Ill also post up my mobile closer to the day so latecomers can find out where we are.

By the way please do come if you say your going to I don't want to look a complete tit there on my own!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Coenhead

Me and woosyeile are def coming and a few of the work gang too....scottish n english.I cant wait!!!And some of our Irish mates will catch up with us after work so it's gonna be great fun.Is everyone dressing up like leprechauns????:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Coenhead

Oh I forgot to say...they close an area off on Brunswick street for paddys day too.Might be worth checkin out!

Alight I've been trying to sort out a rout for us to take and have one started but I wanted to know if everyone wanted to stay in the CBD or are you willing to travel a bit out into the surrounding areas?

Where would people like to end the crawl?

Also no one has said if they want to start at 12 or not yet...

Yea 12 or 1 sounds about right dude! Whatever the concensus says is good by us! dont mind travellin out a bit not too far tho....so we kick off in PJ's anyways yea? its handy for everyone to get to and everyone knows where it is so happy days! got the day booked off so bring on the beer:D

lol i work across the road from PJs so i can come down for lunch but then i have to go back. i'll see where yis are by 5pm and prob join back up with the group then! :p

• Advertisement

Right this is the route Ive come up with so far its all in the CBD so we should be able to walk it all.:D

12:00-1:30 = P J O'Briens (Southbank Prom)

2:00-3:30 = The Irish Times Pub (427 Little Collins St)

4:00-5:30 = Pugg Mahones (106-112 Hardware St)

6:00 - 7:30 = The Celtic Club (320 Queen St)

8:00 - 9:30 = The Drunken Poet (65 Peel St)

10:00 - Finish = Bridie O'Reilly's (62 Little Collins St)

I’m totally open to changing things around and think we could do with another pub on the way between The Drunken poet and Bridie's. If anyone knows one.

What do you guys think?

Advertisement