Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Diagnostics DIYers VAG COM etc

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pherbert

i have vcds (vag-com) based in Youghal CO CORK and also a generic reader obdII for any other car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Nforce wrote: »
    What cables/hardware are you using for the above. I've the lot too..but it won't work with Carsoft cables afaik. Also...will the BMW diagnostic software work on the Rover 75/MG ZT?:)

Firstly I'm not sure exactly how much compatibility there is with the Rover. I successfully used all the software INPA/DIS, etc. with the Carsoft cables. However I got sick of having to run a Carsoft diagnostic before using any of the programs (You have to run one Carsoft test to "initialise" the Carsoft interface). I since bought an INPA/Ediabas compatible interface like this one.
    There is a few IP networking issues that could trip you up too.
    It was working a treat before my laptop blue screened. I have since gotten a dedicated laptop to run it on. However the performance has gone a little intermittent since switching laptops. I have also gotten V39 daten files for Progman & a copy of DIS v57 working with a Diaghead emulator. Both my versions of DIS v44 & v57 are either working brilliantly (doing autodetect, etc.) or not working at all. Even if I do one Diag session immediately after finishing nother one I run into problems. I'm hoping it is a simple fix not a dodgy cable.
    I am considering buying a D + K CAN cable like this one. That would cover post 2007 cars too, plus it's a USB cable.

I also got VAG-COM & have an interface on the way. Apparently they can be modified to work with the BMW software too, a simple soldering job is all that's needed.

Looking for a copy of FoCom for Fords, can anyone point me in the right direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I bought the same INPA cables and have the same software. Haven't had a chance to test it yet. I've a dedicated notebook set aside for diagnostics but as it doesn't have a serial port I'm running a PCMCIA adapter (works okay with Carsoft) but was very temperamental with the original INPA software and Carsoft cable setup that I was running.
    Pity none of this will work with the 75/ZT as I'm looking at bringing one in over the next couple of months. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

The basis for all the software (if you're using them without a diaghead) is that they use Ediabas. INPA is the most straight forward, if you're having issues with INPA then you're in for bigger issues with the rest of the software.

Advertisement