Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creatine chest pain

Options
  • 02-03-2010 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭

hi
    I started on creatine last thursday 25th feb, using 2 heaped teaspoons as per instructions for loading.
    I've been getting pains on the left side of my chest just below the chest muscle. it doesn't appear to be muscular and isn't sore to touch.
    I drink a coffee in the morning.
    Anyone have a similar experience and can offer advice?
    Thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭J-Fit

No I've never had that but I do know people who have had gastrointestinal distress from creatine. Go see a doc regarding the chest pain though in my experience they won't approve of your creatine intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

Hi, first caffeine blunts the ergogenic effect of creatine.
    Secondly I would go and see your GP about the chest pains incase its a sign of something serious which could be independent of the creatine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Hi thanks for the advice guys.
    I know the doc is going to blame creatine. I've stopped taking it as of today and I'll see how it goes. I'm pretty fit with a touch of fat around the lower abs. I strength train 3-4 days and run 3/5K 3-4 days.
    It's just weird that this started happening when I started on the creatine.

If after a few days the pain is still there I'll go visit the doc.

I've since worked out and did 2 runs 10K without any worsening of the chest pain, it's just seems to be there.

it isn't even that bad, it's just there.

I'd love to continue using creatine as I've noticed I have lot more energy and other than that chest pain I feel great.

I eat well, chicken + rice + veg, maybe a bottle of wine on a friday.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Definitely see your doctor. People on here can't really give you advice when you're having chest pains.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement