Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Challenge

Options
  • 02-03-2010 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone

I robbed this Idea from another forum but I thought it would be a cool idea to introduce here. The Idea is that each week (preferably Monday) we can come up with a challenge that is accessible to everybody i.e. you dont need that much equipment to do it and will push you harder than you would normally push yourself at training. Its just a bit of fun at the end of the day really.

When the challenge is announced you have to select your difficultly level and then you will have until the following Saturday evening to complete the challenge. Some challenges will be timed while others will be just about completion

so week 1 challenge; Timed Burpees - do a set amount of burpees in the quickest time possible (can someone post a link for an acceptable Burpee i.e. full extension, chest hits the ground etc)

Level 1 - 30 Burpees

Level 2 - 60 Burpees

Level 3 - 100 Burpees

Obviously the idea is that you pick a level that will be tough but not impossible :) - gogogogogo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

beefjerky wrote: »

yeah that's a pretty good example - once people remember to jump straight up with no hip flexion ;)

I thought there would be more interest in this TBH??

anyway i think il go for level 2 - 60 Burpees. Il aim to get them done on thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

Yeah, surprised not much interest...!

I'll go for level 2 also, will post on Friday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

I think the weekly challenge is a great idea, count me in. I just wish you had picked something nicer than burpees to start with, I really hate them. But sure go on, put me down for 30 ;) I don't think I will be very fast at them though! Will report back - when does the challenge 'week' end, is it Friday or Sunday??

• Advertisement

beegirl wrote: »
    I think the weekly challenge is a great idea, count me in. I just wish you had picked something nicer than burpees to start with, I really hate them. But sure go on, put me down for 30 ;) I don't think I will be very fast at them though! Will report back - when does the challenge 'week' end, is it Friday or Sunday??

We'l say it ends on saturday so it gives everybody a chance to post up their results on sunday and post ideas for the next weekly challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Think its a good idea. I'll do 30 before tomorrow night - will take me about 4 hours - hate them.

Did 60 burpees in 4.22 - had a horrible session today will go into it more in my log

sorry edit - fastest time for the week is 3.55 forgot to update it here but had it n my log

Advertisement