Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basketball - Swords

Options
  • 01-03-2010 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I have just moved to Swords and I am looking for a sport hall where I can play basketball. Nothing too serious, enough to keep me fit. I have enquired with Swordsbasketball.net. but they have another month to go in the league. Any other club, bunch of people that play together for fun?

Regards,
    jose

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I don't know of any off the top of my head, but if you do find somewhere I'd be happy to come along too, I'm not too far from Swords and god knows I need the exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭josvill2010

I heard about a place called the St. Finian's Community College where you can play basketball. I will enquiry with them this week and I will let you know.

Another possibility is as I said with Swords net but they train in Asdaa. Have you heard about them?

Rgds,
    jose

I have checked and I have been told that they dont longer play in Finians but in Asdaa

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondePrincess

Yeah I'd love to find a club too...I used to play in school, but am not fit enough to join a serious league team! I live in Swords too!

This would be handy for me if ya find somewhere. I'm in Balbriggan.

• Advertisement

New lead Donabate (DAPSA), or Lusk have basketball court. I will give them a call later on

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hey folks, I live in Ratoath and would appreciate if you keep me posted if you find a court to play in and around Swords. Haven't played for 10+ years but have the itch again and would love to join in - if you'll have me! :)

Donabate has a small group of friends playing basketball once a week. The lady in Donabate was very friendly and will pass on my phone contact details to that group. I will keep you posted.
    Regards,
    jose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭camo11

Hi folks, have not played since school but would love to get back into it at a level that is not too serious. I would love if i could join a group anywhere on the north side of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

for those that have the time check out the sunday session that is on in sportsco. tis a decent run around and beginner very welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

id be intrested in playing in swords too....keep this thread going lads.....if anybody knows somewhere id deffo go along..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DublinNth

Hi all I would be interested too in playing again. Been a few years since I have played but would love to get involved again

Living in Finglas and interested in any games on the northside

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭acc grinds

Think i counted 7 people interested in playing in swords.
    I'd love to start playing again , I live in swords , why dont we organise something, when would suit everybody.
    I dont mind checking out places to play , must be schools that rent out halls or maybe even the alsaa club. let me know if you want to try start this in swords.

Still game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

id be interested too... living in swords, would be good to have something local after the season finishes..

Add me to the interest list for a game in Swords, I'd help but I don't know of any schools/gyms/sports halls that would have a court to rent to the public.

Seems to be enough interest , Ill ask around for an available court and get a price and times available and post my findings back here.

Hopefully we can find something and get a regular game going.

I'm definitely interested in joining a new team. Has anyone looked into anywhere suitable? I'd say Alsaa would be a good option, though there are a good few schools around Swords, that would suit!

I'll be sorting out a regular friday night game at 7pm in DCU from the 30th April.......how many are intrested in DCU??? ill post a thread for this itself but just mentioning it here first :)

will it just be for training, or will it be for a league?

• Advertisement

Judomad wrote: »
    I'll be sorting out a regular friday night game at 7pm in DCU from the 30th April.......how many are intrested in DCU??? ill post a thread for this itself but just mentioning it here first :)
    will it just be for training, or will it be for a league?
    Just a casual game I think, we don't really run any drills or practice, just pick teams and play. I could possibly see some kind of team forming in one of the social leagues around dublin in the future, but for now we just run around a bit :)

Hello,

Yeah, DCU would suit! Keep me posted!

As laf said we just turn up, pick teams then play so at the min theres no league, just people who havent played in a while getting back into the game and getting fit......some have been back longer than other(others bein me)....but its a good laugh and again its Basketball so ya cant go wrong!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

This sounds good to me. I posted in the DCU thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Dawoud

Hmm DCU seems like kinda ride for me, especially friday evening with the Bus

is nothing going on in swords at all anymore ??

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

Has this died a death or is there any games being played in swords area?? Lookin to play a bit as well for fun and fitness more than anything else. Havent played since school either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ladybball

Im interested in playing too. Was just wondering if theres any in the Swords area?

I asked about renting the court in rivervalley community centre. They have no rings at the moment but they said they would get some if a group was interested.
    If you're interested in playing in swords let me know and we can get this started.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

I'll play if there are a few interested

• Advertisement

Yeah, count me in - when I figure out where River Valley is of course :)

As long as it's general Swords area I'm in.

Advertisement