Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dermot Morgan 31 March 1952 - 28 February 1998

Options
  • 28-02-2010 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

RIP.
    :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Point of this thread eludes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,472 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Today is the anniversary of his death.

But it's not a 10 or 15 or 20...just 12, odd number!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No more random a TV thread than many by a certain poster on this forum.

Why are youtube clips not showing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Ah FFS you spend your life clogging up this forum with ridiculous threads about Ryan Tubridy or tweener shows aimed at 13 year old girls. You are hardly in a position to complain about one commemorating a legend of Irish television.

Back OT, RIP Dermot Morgan. The man was a genius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

You've some neck coming out with a post like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

But it's not a 10 or 15 or 20...just 12, odd number!

12 is an even number Dougal

Aidric wrote: »
    You've some neck coming out with a post like that.

All my threads are relevant and on topic, i provide info on a variety of shows, some lesser know ones incl mainstream.

Poly wrote: »
    12 is an even number Dougal

Odd, as in it's an odd thing to post about a 12 year anniversary...it's usually 5/10/15/20 etc.

Ah FFS you spend your life clogging up this forum with ridiculous threads about Ryan Tubridy or tweener shows aimed at 13 year old girls. You are hardly in a position to complain about one commemorating a legend of Irish television.

Back OT, RIP Dermot Morgan. The man was a genius.

I post and talk about shows that are not widely known, giving them a possible wider audience that might enjoy them.

• Advertisement

Odd, as in it's an odd thing to post about a 12 year anniversary...it's usually 5/10/15/20 etc.

Ohh, thanks for explaining!
    Well, here on boards, we are marking the 12th anniversary.
    RIP Dermot, thanks for the laughs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

RIP.
    :D
    I dont understand the smile:confused:

^ that confused me as well, maybe becuase Fr. Ted was funny...but it's the only thing i know that Dermot guy from, if he's done other stuff i've never seen it. To think all you're remembered for is one show.

Morgan was a brilliant stand-up comic, mimic and satirist. Scrap Saturday,The Mike Murphy show, Fr trendy are obviously before your time

Poly wrote: »
    Morgan was a brilliant stand-up comic, mimic and satirist. Scrap Saturday,The Mike Murphy show, Fr trendy are obviously before your time

No doubt, but the vast majority would only know him from Fr. Ted. I have vague memories of the Mike Murphy show.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I forgot today was the anniversary of his death... Can't believe it has been 12 years already... I remember when my mam told me that he had died - I was only 10...
    A great man and a great comedian/satirist... RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

^ that confused me as well, maybe becuase Fr. Ted was funny...but it's the only thing i know that Dermot guy from, if he's done other stuff i've never seen it. To think all you're remembered for is one show.

y'know things like this confuse me. richard, you've claimed before in your posts that you're a man in your mid thirties (like me) , yet some of your favourite programmes are enjoyed by well......kids.

so if you're really a thirtysomething male i really find it hard to believe you've never even heard of anything else dermot morgan has done. you must have lead a very sheltered life (which would explain your enjoyment of the hills)

so really richard

scrap saturday?
    live mike?
    father trendy?

all mean nothing to you?

c'mon rich, level with us, you're a teenager aint ya, go on go on go on....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

No doubt, but the vast majority would only know him from Fr. Ted. I have vague memories of the Mike Murphy show.

The vast majority of those under 30 perhaps - anyone over 30 will remember him for more (some of which outlined above) - anyone over 50 will probably remember him far more for Live Mike & Scrap Saturday, rather than Ted.

To suggest that Dermot Morgan will only know him from Ted, is like saying that Johnny Giles will be only known as a TV pundit....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Advertisement

y'know things like this confuse me. richard, you've claimed before in your posts that you're a man in your mid thirties (like me) , yet some of your favourite programmes are enjoyed by well......kids.

so if you're really a thirtysomething male i really find it hard to believe you've never even heard of anything else dermot morgan has done. you must have lead a very sheltered life (which would explain your enjoyment of the hills)

so really richard

scrap saturday?
    live mike?
    father trendy?

all mean nothing to you?

c'mon rich, level with us, you're a teenager aint ya, go on go on go on....

I sold items through Adverts to Boards members in the last couple of days, who've met me. I can assure you i'm not a female, or 13.

drkpower wrote: »
    The vast majority of those under 30 perhaps - anyone over 30 will remember him for more (some of which outlined above) - anyone over 50 will probably remember him far more for Live Mike & Scrap Saturday, rather than Ted.

To suggest that Dermot Morgan will only know him from Ted, is like saying that Johnny Giles will be only known as a TV pundit....

I've no idea who Johnny Giles is either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I've no idea who Johnny Giles is either.

even i know **** all about football, but good god man!

have you lived under a rock for most of your life?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Seems pretty clear to me... Richard Dower is just a troll. Stop feeding him and hopefully if everyone ignores his nonsense he will go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Seems pretty clear to me... Richard Dower is just a troll. Stop feeding him and hopefully if everyone ignores his nonsense he will go away.

To be fair to Richard, I dont think he's trolling. I just dont think he works with the same amount of testosterone as the normal guy. From his tween posts, you can tell he's not exactly a man's man. This is what I envisage when I think of Richard Downer
    eircomjim_1.jpg

And "havent heard of Johnny Giles"? cmon richard, shape up or ship out.. you can do better than that.

I didn't know he was connected to football either, i don't watch Irish tv at all, especially sport.

What nonesense?....posting about tv shows in a tv forum?, just because YOU don't like or watch the shows i do dosen't make me a troll.

To be fair to Richard, I dont think he's trolling. I just dont think he works with the same amount of testosterone as the normal guy. From his tween posts, you can tell he's not exactly a man's man. This is what I envisage when I think of Richard Downer
    eircomjim_1.jpg

And "havent heard of Johnny Giles"? cmon richard, shape up or ship out.. you can do better than that.

So you base my manlyness on postings on an internet forum?....interesting. I like what i like and don't apologise for it, i have a variety of shows i like and watch, not all "tween" as you would say.

You know, if you scan over postings from forum members and the personal insults thrown at me, then look at my postings and see have i insulted people on a personal level, i think you'll find an interesting statistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Im a footy fan so yeah I know who is he, but some people I know don't know **** about football and just block it out. It doesn't mean they are any less of a man or out of touch. They would struggle to identify him as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Fr. Ted was funny...but it's the only thing i know that Dermot guy from, if he's done other stuff i've never seen it. To think all you're remembered for is one show.

"That Dermot guy"????????

That's such a condescending thing to say considering you know well what his full name is.

And, even if he is largely only remembered for one show - what a show to be remembered for!!!!

You say it like it's a bad thing.

What a seriously sad little post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement