Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A NOVENA OR PRAYER THAT WORKS

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

irishhigh wrote: »
    God Stephen,

This is the first time I've really had a good cry since the accident. I think maybe God mean't for us to talk. I've taken your kind words and advice on board and I'll pray for you too.

Well I shall pray that your tears shall turn into ones of Joy, for every time we cry and in sorrow, Jesus crys with us for he feels what we feel as he dwells within us.

for he came to share the same laughs, crys and joys as we did, and even went through the awful pain of the Cross just to set us free from the snares of sin so we may enter his kingdom and share his table with him.

So Jesus knows how we feel in times of Pain for he experienced the greatest of them all.

Pax Christi
    Stephen

Edit: and thank you for your prayers I dont deserve them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭irishhigh

Well I shall pray that your tears shall turn into ones of Joy, for every time we cry and in sorrow, Jesus crys with us for he feels what we feel as he dwells within us.

for he came to share the same laughs, crys and joys as we did, and even went through the awful pain of the Cross just to set us free from the snares of sin so we may enter his kingdom and share his table with him.

So Jesus knows how we feel in times of Pain for he experienced the greatest of them all.

Pax Christi
    Stephen
    Thanks for everything. I'll keep you posted.
    God Bless and take care

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Locust

Stephen, What is an atheist doing replying to a novena and prayer thread. It's just odd

perhaps her post is the answer to your prayers? mysterious ways and all that.

Locust wrote: »
    perhaps her post is the answer to your prayers? mysterious ways and all that.
    True:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I'm sorry to hear this, OP.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry to hear this, OP.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

You might be interested in what Peter Kreeft has to about prayer. He has a book out about the finer points of prayer (haven't read it myself) and if you head to his website (see the resourses thread stickied on this forum and head to the "individuals" section) you will find a short talk on the same topicouTou might find it interesting.

You might be interested in what Peter Kreeft has to about prayer. He has a book out about the finer points of prayer (haven't read it myself) and if you head to his website (see the resourses thread stickied on this forum and head to the "individuals" section) you will find a short talk on the same topicouTou might find it interesting.
    Cool, yeah I'll look him up
    Thank

Yes would that be Dr.Peter kreeft your talking about?

if its the same Dr.peter I'm thinkin of, he used to be a Calvinist and became Catholic and is one of the best Catholic theologians I know.

I wouldnt mind seeing his advice on prayer either, he's quite good Fanny, thanks for that also. :)

Pax Christi
    Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭chozometroid

I've never had a weird interview like that, I've always got on great with the panel, but there is always someone with a bit more experience than me. Nursing jobs are so hard to find and it just gets a bit wearing going to interview after interview. I can't believe I went into a holy forum to ask for a prayer and got dogs abuse from that emma. Anyway thanks for sharing.
    Strange that you say this even after Dr. Emma's post was clarified for you by just about everyone.

That said, you did ask for prayer. She responded with something other than prayer. Perhaps you should have ignored her practical advice, or thought about "what would Jesus do?" in that situation. Sometimes God doesn't need to do anything miraculous to answer our prayers. Sometimes you have to change your situation yourself. Perhaps her answer, or someone else's answer, is what was needed to put you on the right track. If you have a strong desire to do something, believe you can do something, and refuse to accept failure, you will do it through the power of faith. All things are possible through Christ.

• Advertisement

Strange that you say this even after Dr. Emma's post was clarified for you by just about everyone.

That said, you did ask for prayer. She responded with something other than prayer. Perhaps you should have ignored her practical advice, or thought about "what would Jesus do?" in that situation. Sometimes God doesn't need to do anything miraculous to answer our prayers. Sometimes you have to change your situation yourself. Perhaps her answer, or someone else's answer, is what was needed to put you on the right track. If you have a strong desire to do something, believe you can do something, and refuse to accept failure, you will do it through the power of faith. All things are possible through Christ.
    Sorry but private messages from said person was sent to me so you don't have the full story. We all resolved the issue and you are trying to bring it up again. Thank you but I have all the advice that I need. Take care

Sorry but private messages from said person was sent to me so you don't have the full story. We all resolved the issue and you are trying to bring it up again. Thank you but I have all the advice that I need. Take care
    If you are the only one with the full story, why make the post that I quoted in the first place? Keep your confusing remarks to PM's, if the full story is only known by PM's in the first place. It is not obvious that "we all resolved the issue" by reading this thread.

If you have all the advice you need, perhaps you should let everyone know you don't want any more advice, and avoid making people who are trying to help feel as though they just wasted their time? Take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

chozometroid, I think peace has been made between irishhigh and doctoremma over the misunderstanding. It might be nice to move on from that now so as not to end up harassing someone who's clearly going through a difficult time and seeking help.

Puck wrote: »
    chozometroid, I think peace has been made between irishhigh and doctoremma over the misunderstanding. It might be nice to move on from that now so as not to end up harassing someone who's clearly going through a difficult time and seeking help.
    I understand that, but this is a discussion board. When someone makes a post, they cannot make a rule that no one is allowed to reply to it.

Also, my addressing the issue with doctoremma was only part of my post. I also gave sound advice about answered prayer, which turned out to be unnecessary because this thread was not locked the moment the OP received the required amount of advice to feel properly serviced. The thread the OP made in AH actually helps me understand this whole thing a lot better, and I'm not going to waste my time on this any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I understand that, but this is a discussion board. When someone makes a post, they cannot make a rule that no one is allowed to reply to it.

Also, my addressing the issue with doctoremma was only part of my post. I also gave sound advice about answered prayer, which turned out to be unnecessary because this thread was not locked the moment the OP received the required amount of advice to feel properly serviced. The thread the OP made in AH actually helps me understand this whole thing a lot better, and I'm not going to waste my time on this any longer.

The one about shaving your bits? whats that got to do with anything?

Advertisement