Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway City Marathon - anyone know any details?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 learner_racer

I've lurked here for several months and have learned a lot about runners expectations for races and hopefully I can meet these in my own events.

I've been finally prompted to write because I'm really sad to hear about all the problems in Galway City Marathon, particularly for the people who are new to the sport, running their first marathons and I hope it doesn't put you off participating in the sport again. Not all marathons are like this. By contrast, Dingle this weekend was a fantastic event where every started was valued.

I listened to the interview ChickDoc posted and was :eek::eek::eek: at the following bit

interviewer ".... when the day comes and it grinds to a total halt people say I knew nothin'"
    interviewee " yeah, em, no, but, I think, you know, in fairness, there, there (sic) were issues and every marathon has teething problems in the first year. Noone got killed here or anything like that but there were inconvenineces and we do have to sit down and say, look, how will any of these inconvenience (sic) be minimised in the future...."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

Advertisement