Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,827 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'll post this here as well - MSI Ventura for £544 from Amazon.

GPU NV RTX 2080 Ventus 8G Fan https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HZJ9NYR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_UUfsCbEACP0NZ

Edit: seems to be gone back up to £650+ now. I ordered one anyway so let's see if it's fulfilled.

Edit Edit: just got an email with an updated delivery date for 29th January so must be going ahead :)

Ok Amazon tried to take the money today but I had my Revolut frozen so the money didn't go. Something has come up and I can't justify spending the €649 on a new card. If anyone is in the market for a 2080 at that price let me know and we can arrange something.

If not I'll cancel the order tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ok Amazon tried to take the money today but I had my Revolut frozen so the money didn't go. Something has come up and I can't justify spending the €649 on a new card. If anyone is in the market for a 2080 at that price let me know and we can arrange something.

If not I'll cancel the order tomorrow.

Hope someone took you up on it, mine arrived from Amazon and cost almost bang on 650. Considering it comes with anthem and battlefield 5 too, incredible price.

Hope someone took you up on it, mine arrived from Amazon and cost almost bang on 650. Considering it comes with anthem and battlefield 5 too, incredible price.

Nope no one was interested. Kinda sorry I missed out but that's the luck of it. I really wish I hadn't spent €250 the week before on a new hard drive, new home plugs, gym membership for three months and some protein :pac: if I hadn't spent that I could have had a lovely new GPU and replaced the card tyres :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

As someone with two home servers: This is not an appropriate use of strikethrough!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Always lurking around here, always wanting to start a new build and get rid of my rig thats knocking on a bit now...
    That Mobo+CPU+Cooler deal has definitely got me thinking again, I only game at 1080p and no plans to go further a the moment really, maybe 1440p, what card would people recommend to go with something like the above deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Always lurking around here, always wanting to start a new build and get rid of my rig thats knocking on a bit now...
    That Mobo+CPU+Cooler deal has definitely got me thinking again, I only game at 1080p and no plans to go further a the moment really, maybe 1440p, what card would people recommend to go with something like the above deal?

RX 580 8Gb = GTX 1060 6Gb < RX 590 (non-Fatboy) << RX Vega 56 Pulse / GTX 1660 Ti

Depends on your desired frame rate & longevity.

RX 580 8Gb = GTX 1060 6Gb < RX 590 (non-Fatboy) << RX Vega 56 Pulse / GTX 1660 Ti

Depends on your desired frame rate & longevity.

Cheers K.O

I dont expect huge frames, but just to stay with the times as my current i5 3470/960 isint exactly the greatest at the moment.

Yeah the GTX 960 is the real bottleneck there - was never a great card tbh & the start of Nvidia's "sell a low-tier card for mid-tier prices" rubbish, in retrospect.

Yeah the GTX 960 is the real bottleneck there - was never a great card tbh & the start of Nvidia's "sell a low-tier card for mid-tier prices" rubbish, in retrospect.

Before that it was a 7850, I suppose it wasnt the smartest of upgrades but at the time I had the itch to upgrade, and a GPU was the easiest to do. I think ill order that combo mentioned whilst I can, and build around that then as more bargains pop up, paired with a 1660 from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

re: latest BA.

1 TB SSD for €100..i love this new age of cheap SSDs!

Any sign of RAM going the same direction?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Shlippery wrote: »
    re: latest BA.

1 TB SSD for €100..i love this new age of cheap SSDs!

Any sign of RAM going the same direction?

https://www.pcgamer.com/report-overall-market-for-pc-memory-has-entered-freefall/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I think I'd wait until other SSDs go for the €100 mark if that's what anyone's looking for. I got the 960GB version in Jan 2016, which seems to be much the same from what I can gather. It was a good buy at the time, and it's served me well for that time, but with present day speeds, I'd be eyeing up the likes of the MX500 for just a few € more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

farna_boy wrote: »
    Ballistix Sport DDR4 3000MHZ. 32 GB Kit (16 GB x 2) Dual Rank £178.76

or

Ballistix Sport DDR4 2666MHZ. 32 GB Kit (16 GB x 2) Dual Rank £159.86

Exchange rate may not be the best right now but these are the best prices I've seen in a while.

This series does seem to get these type of discounts reasonably regularly so it might be worth keeping an eye on them.

There is a significant price difference between colours so it can be worth checking each.

I had to RMA a 16GB Vengeance LPX set a while ago, I'm due the replacement set soon enough. Might sell it off and get that first set, or go all out and get this (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XFT7DF9/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1)

Both sets are not on the QVL for my motherboard (GB X370 K7), running Ryzen 1600 stock. The previous set of LPX caused intermittent BSODs and showed errors using Memtest and Windows Memory Diagnostic.

Not to sure what to do, I'd appreciate any advice.

scanlant wrote: »
    I had to RMA a 16GB Vengeance LPX set a while ago, I'm due the replacement set soon enough. Might sell it off and get that first set, or go all out and get this (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XFT7DF9/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1)

Both sets are not on the QVL for my motherboard (GB X370 K7), running Ryzen 1600 stock. The previous set of LPX caused intermittent BSODs and showed errors using Memtest and Windows Memory Diagnostic.

I got 32GB of the 3000 ones in link one above for £127 in November. Amazon had stock issues and they ended up being delayed by a month but got two £10 vouchers for the inconvenience so £107 all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

scanlant wrote: »

I've got that Flare X kit and a Gigabyte motherboard - it also blue screens when on the profile (it seems to work ok-ish at 3000 but it's annoying enough that I've been considering selling it to buy a new set of ram and be done with it). So I wouldn't recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

I got 32GB of the 3000 ones in link one above for £127 in November. Amazon had stock issues and they ended up being delayed by a month but got two £10 vouchers for the inconvenience so £107 all in.

Saw that price, disappointed I didn't grab them then.
    L wrote: »
    I've got that Flare X kit and a Gigabyte motherboard - it also blue screens when on the profile (it seems to work ok-ish at 3000 but it's annoying enough that I've been considering selling it to buy a new set of ram and be done with it). So I wouldn't recommend it.

I saw some people over on reddit had similar issues.

Had to replace my motherboard because the BSODs that I now realise were RAM related caused it to brick. I'm a little sceptical about installing the new set of LPX, but if there's issues across brands, then I could spend more money than I'd like.

I see the Logitech G903 is down to £78 on Amazon today. I have Prime student so can get it for £71. Would it be much of an upgrade over a G503?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Depends on whether you want a wireless mouse or not, and if you'll ever buy into the wireless charging tech. It is also a different shape to the g502. If you just want a wireless mouse, this is meant to be great (and also on sale): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Wireless-Lightweight-Programmable-compatible/dp/B07CGPZ3ZQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1553172179&sr=1-1&keywords=g402+wireless

or even the g603: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07F6JHNJN?ref=emc_p_m_5_i&th=1

I have a G903 and never use it. Don't like the feel of it at all.

I might leave it so. I don't need it so I'll hold off.

I see eBuyer are giving Division 2 free with the Corsair H100i (£100) and the H150i (£140) as well.

• Advertisement

Would it not be risky to buy a refurbished one? I'd be a bit wary it'd leak :eek:

Don't like the tubes on those one's. They are very stiff so you need to make sure you have your clearance's sorted before you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

For people selling PCs or parts, do you have to demonstrate they work first? I want to get rid of my old case, mobo and i5-2500k but I imagine the selling price isn't worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Zatoichi wrote: »
    For people selling PCs or parts, do you have to demonstrate they work first? I want to get rid of my old case, mobo and i5-2500k but I imagine the selling price isn't worth the hassle.

Not really allowed to chat here. But if they work you just note in the ad. You can't demo them. Maybe start a thread on it for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I just wanted to say avoid a psu like this that was recommended in the bargain alerts thread.

deceit wrote: »
    I just wanted to say avoid a psu like this that was recommended in the bargain alerts thread.

Have you got the negative reviews to back this up.
    It's one thing to say avoid but would be better to give reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Have you got the negative reviews to back this up.
    It's one thing to say avoid but would be better to give reasons.

I've had a friend pick one of these up new in Dubai as he couldn't find any other psu. His pc was fine with a 600 watt evga psu. He blew his computer with one of these.
    They are a cheap chinest brand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Any bargains on AMD 2700 or preferred 2700x ?
    Using it with asks hero 1 motherboard.

• Advertisement

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Any bargains on AMD 2700 or preferred 2700x ?
    Using it with asks hero 1 motherboard.

The 2700 non-X is £180 on AmazonUK right now, but it hit £155 last month.

Advertisement