Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strength Training

Options
  • 25-02-2010 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to build my leg muscle strength after a recent injury. Would 3 times a week in the gym be enough? 40mins each session.
    And is it ok to do 2 days in a row?

Thanks for the advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

K09 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking to build my leg muscle strength after a recent injury. Would 3 times a week in the gym be enough? 40mins each session.
    And is it ok to do 2 days in a row?

Thanks for the advice.

It really depends on what you do in those 40 mins. Have you been prescribed any exercises to rehab your leg?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭K09

It really depends on what you do in those 40 mins. Have you been prescribed any exercises to rehab your leg?

Yes.
    3 sets of each of the below...
    Step Up Side (starting 20kg)
    Leg Curl Machine (starting 20kg)
    Split Squat (starting 20kg)
    Standing Good Morning (starting 20kg)
    Step Up Front (starting 20kg)
    Calf Raise (starting 14kg)

And how quick should I be upping the weights. Apparently my legs are very weak.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 859 ✭✭✭BobbyOLeary

If you're rehabbing your leg do what your physio tells you to do, noone on here will be able to give you any better advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

K09 wrote: »
    Yes.
    3 sets of each of the below...
    Step Up Side (starting 20kg)
    Leg Curl Machine (starting 20kg)
    Split Squat (starting 20kg)
    Standing Good Morning (starting 20kg)
    Step Up Front (starting 20kg)
    Calf Raise (starting 14kg)

And how quick should I be upping the weights. Apparently my legs are very weak.:o

Sorry, is this the routine you were given, or something you came up with yourself?

If it was given to you by your physio then just do it as you were told, and don't add in anything until you're all fixed up.

Usually you add weight to an exercise when you feel you can complete your sets without any challenge, but as it's rehab, you might be best off asking your physio for more details.

Advertisement