Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Business Partner" Sticky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Duckett

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ANewStart

I'm a successful serial entrepreneur looking for a technical business partner, technical service provider, technical free-lancer or some mix of the above.

I strongly believe in the potential for Augmented Reality Glasses. I don't think they are ready for consumers, but what is there is very suitable for industrial/commercial use (price, form factor etc). Examples of currently available hardware are
    http://osterhoutgroup.com/products-r7
    https://epson.com/For-Work/Wearables/Smart-Glasses/Moverio-BT-300-Smart-Glasses-%28AR-Developer-Edition%29-/p/V11H756020
    https://daqri.com/

I have the ODG and the epsons ones, and am waiting on a daqri headset. you can try them out when we meet.

Over the past few months I've started a project to see if I could get some customers to buy in. I've learned a lot and believe there is good potential there.

You can see my smoke filled sales sight at www.industrialsight.com

From this and a bunch of sales calls I've had a few requests for demos from very large companies who have innovation budgets. I also should get confirmation next week that we will get a stand in the start up section of European Utility Week. (http://www.european-utility-week.com/ - Europes larges events for ESB type companies, of which there are many - and large ones too) which should have a bunch of good targets as they all have tax payers money to spend on innovation.

Anyway... besides testing the hardware, I have done almost nothing on the software development side of this software business! I like the lean startup methodology and making sure I was comfortable with the sales and to some extend the hardware was my first move.

So our immediate need is for someone to help me build a demo for those initial customers meetings and the trade show (for a description including Wireframe see https://vrex.io/job/1053). The time is short so we need to get things moving (hence the ad on VREX). Ideally though I will find a full business partner now. We can agree a contract whereby I pay you to do the demo but we switch to a partnership if we are happy working together. Or what ever else makes sense. I'm flexible.

So in the long run I am looking for someone who understands the full stack. Android dev (and the non-standard stuff that will come with this road - please see the ODG dev site on the vrex site), IOS dev (https://www.wired.com/story/arkit-augmented-reality/ - though this is down the road), back end stuff like linking to customers data bases, hardware stuff like making the glasses work in non-idea wifi conditions and any other weird and wonderful things we encounter. In other words... a CTO!

I am fairly comfortable at sales, operations and finance etc. If you PM me I will send on my CV and you will see I do have some credibility in this area. I can provide lots of good references from my past partners

I can provide some funding to get us going, then my goal is to raise a lot of money and flood Europe with a high end sales team.

I'm based in Dublin but fairly flexible with this being a virtual business or whatever.

Anyway, DM me and lets talk

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LeTechGuy

We've recently completed phase 1 development of a multi platform mobile application platform and we're now at the stage of looking to bring on board a partner with the relevant business skillset.

I will be able to provide a significant amount of further detail for interested parties.

Who are we?

Three Irish based individuals who have recently developed an incredible mobile platform to operate within Ireland as a service. There is scope for this to expand geographically - and potentially white label. The business is a recently formed Limited company in Ireland.

What are we looking for?

Business Competency & Investment to launch. Our experience is in technology and marketing (and the particular industry we are launching in). We are looking for someone to come on board with the competency to put the correct structure on the business from an accounting, finance and policy & procedure perspective. The ultimate goal would be for this person to have significant go to market experience and investor reach for additional funding when necessary and be willing to invest for an equity stake in the company.

Note: We have funding on the table pending relevant projections and completion of an appropriate business plan. We've spoken to some external parties with regards to outsourcing this and have some options at a cost, but prepared to discuss with interested potential partners before making a decision. Just to be transparent from the outset - we have attempted to partially do this but feel our lack of competency shows.

Idealistically, we'd like the new partner to drive preparation on this to get to presentation level - or be in a position to have or gain access to alternative funding.

Potential:

Massive, absolutely massive.

Can discuss more post-NDA.

Thanks,
    Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 18 NathanDrake

LeTechGuy wrote: »
    We've recently completed phase 1 development of a multi platform mobile application platform and we're now at the stage of looking to bring on board a partner with the relevant business skillset.

I will be able to provide a significant amount of further detail for interested parties.

Who are we?

Three Irish based individuals who have recently developed an incredible mobile platform to operate within Ireland as a service. There is scope for this to expand geographically - and potentially white label. The business is a recently formed Limited company in Ireland.

What are we looking for?

Business Competency & Investment to launch. Our experience is in technology and marketing (and the particular industry we are launching in). We are looking for someone to come on board with the competency to put the correct structure on the business from an accounting, finance and policy & procedure perspective. The ultimate goal would be for this person to have significant go to market experience and investor reach for additional funding when necessary and be willing to invest for an equity stake in the company.

Note: We have funding on the table pending relevant projections and completion of an appropriate business plan. We've spoken to some external parties with regards to outsourcing this and have some options at a cost, but prepared to discuss with interested potential partners before making a decision. Just to be transparent from the outset - we have attempted to partially do this but feel our lack of competency shows.

Idealistically, we'd like the new partner to drive preparation on this to get to presentation level - or be in a position to have or gain access to alternative funding.

Potential:

Massive, absolutely massive.

Can discuss more post-NDA.

Thanks,
    Joe
    This sounds brilliant Joe, wish I could help but all the best with this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jrp006

Hi,

I run a small successful online business selling footwear. Due to the growth of the business, I am looking to find someone become part of this business and help make it the success it can be. I run it full time, but there is only so many hours in the day.

I have stock, so I would need someone to buy into the business. I sell via website, eBay, Facebook and have many return customers, with the website being very popular for a start up. The website has huge potential. My main market is Ireland followed by the UK.

If you have experience selling online and it's something you are passionate about please get in touch. As I said, I do this full time so I would be looking for someone to commit to the business rather than a silent partner. I am based on the border ideally I would someone based up here.

If anyone interested please let me know

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ellen DG.

Hi there. I am looking for a business partner to start a coffee shop business. Please email me in interested. Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Paddyg96

Hi guys.

I'm a 21 year old entrepreneur looking for a co-founder to start a social media marketing and management agency.

I'm extremely driven and have had years of success working alongside people and delivering results online. Skills = video production, social media strategy/marketing and a strong mind for business.

I'm looking for someone who is young, hungry and most importantly, enjoyable to work with. I would be looking for someone to compliment my skills, someone who is skilled in web and graphic design would be ideal.

I am based in Dublin and Carlow at the moment.

PM me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Chicken96

Hi lads, my name is Vlad. I am looking for business partner in affiliate marketing role.

I want to create a site of reviews/rating with 10 best services in different spheres. For example: TOP 10 personal loans, TOP 10 website builders, TOP 10 hosting.

I already created, but only in one sphere. In personal loans. bestloans.info/

But it still need improve him.

I was checked my competitors in Semrush, and their main source of traffic is Paid search.

Traffic we will take from search engines. Will be good if you have previously experience in affiliate marketing or PPC services.

I explain more in private conversation.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 teiwswyrd

Hey all,

I am trying to create my business on cybersecurity area in Dublin. Our product delivers an entire protection for Amazon Web Services infrastructure. With a new evolutionary learning algorithm, it allows generating Indicator of compromise while considerably reducing the false-positive or true-negative rate in the work of the chief information security officer (CISO).

I am looking for a business partner to raise a start-up in a hypercompetitive market. I am a technical guy and I don't have a good networking and commercial experience in Dublin. I am looking for someone with whom I get along well. Especially someone with business development and client relationship experience.

Please feel free to call me by MP, if you require any further information or if you are interested.

Teiws Wyrd

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Digital_Guy

More info here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057810354

Looking for an Android or iOS developer, or either one as we could start with one OS first.

Open to straightforward payment, or a combination of equity and payment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Aname

Hi I am looking for a manager. Dolce Strings is a unique music group which contains a violinist, cellist, pianist and vocalist. web: infodolcemusic.wixsite.com/home
    If you are interested please pm me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I know a guy who might be interested. I’ve sent him a message, he may be in touch.

Good luck to you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Aname

Thank you :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Moving this to the business partner thread

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Hi all,

I am looking to speak with someone who holds a PSRA license in category A and B about a possible venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭killiank

I have worked for the past 18 months on 3 online software packages to assist with bookkeeping, time management & document processing.
    I am however not a software programmer (I am an accountant) myself & have been outsourcing development but I realise that for the company to grow we must bring the development work in house.

I have been selling software in my own business for 14 years but up to now I have just been acting as a resellers so I am hoping to connect with someone who has access to their own programmers & with experience of launching their own online products.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TaskBlast

I am looking for a business partner for a SaaS software company. In particular, someone who is strong in sales and marketing B2B/SaaS and pitching.

I have a product that is ready to sell, although there is still many months of development to expand and improve it to the product I want it to be. You can google TaskBlast to check the product out as I can't post links yet. The product was recently released and throughout the beta and early release, it has seen signups in over 60 countries.

I have already raised pre-seed funding for the business through New Frontiers and a well-known accelerator in Ireland while I also invested over €30,000 in the business. I got through to the last 2 pitch stages for €50,000 in funding for the competitive startup fund through Enterprise Ireland (down to the last 20-25 and 10 or so get the money) but was not successful on those occasions.

Both pitches were before we officially released. We now are generating revenue although it is small due to the high cost per acquisition and only recently launching.

I need someone that will pitch with me on the next CSF pitch and work in a sales and marketing capacity as pitching is not my strongest asset. I am very optimistic with a business partner and the fact the company is no longer pre-revenue, that we will get the €50,000 funding on the next call in Feb/March.

There will need to be time invested without pay until the funding comes through as my last funding recently ran out. I am fine if the deal is contingent on us getting the €50k funding. After the funding is secured a salary will be appointed. I will consider someone initially working on a part-time basis. Investment is not required although it is preferred. Equity and wage negotiable depending on experience and milestones hit.

I have over 7 years experience, the majority in a managerial and project management position, for a software company so I have experience managing a support team and working on product design and experience which I used to get the product to where it is today.

Please get in touch for more information, to arrange a meeting in person or to discuss further.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭LLcoolJ27

Hi,

I am setting up an Information Security consultancy company.
    Right now, I am looking for someone to partner up with who has solid experience and advice on writing proposals, sales/marketing and customer lead generation.

Also this person will have a background in Information Security consultancy/IT risk and is comfortable with face-to-face client engagements.

In addition, the person will have one or more of the following qualifications:
    CISSP
    CISA
    CISM
    CRISC

Thanks for reading my post.
    Please PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

Hi all,
    Ideally I would be posting this on the marketing page but that has been closed so if any one can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.
    My name is Kevin Ryan from Castlebar and I run a motorhome/campervan rental business called Ireland West Motorhomes.
    We are now entering our 8th year in business and have been steadily growing despite doing very little advertising / marketing so we have now decided that its time to get moving on this.
    An idea I came up with was that there must be some marketer out there that would like a weeks rental for a family in one of our motorhomes in return for marketing work . I was thinking in the region of €1500.00 worth of marketing in return for a week in one of our luxury 7 berth 2016 motorhomes .
    Would anyone be interested in doing a swap ? Id love to hear from you with any ideas that you may have on how we could proceed with this idea and what I could expect in return for a €1500.00 rental.
    My email address is iwmotorhomes @ gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jacksn

Hi all,

I am a web designer with my own company based in Dublin city centre. My business is starting to grow fast from referrals and I am considering merging with an agency to handle new customers and projects, I'm turning away business which is not ideal and some of the leads i am getting are out of my scope as I am a one man band.

I'm not looking to join forces with someone similar as myself, Ideally i'm looking for a medium/large successful digital agency than I can merge my business into a create a position within that company. Anyone interested in discussing, send me a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭killiank

Hi,
    I have been outsourcing development work on 2 business management software tools for the last 2 years.
    One is an online time recording tool & the other is a cloud accounting software.
    Neither are 100% ready for market yet but at the same time both should be ready within a few months. Development is ongoing.
    There is a third project but its only at infancy.
    I am not a programmer myself, hence why I have outsourced the development work. I would like to find a business partner with a technical background who could possibly assist with the future development to allow us to bring development in house & also help with funding future developments & proper launch of the projects.

Thank you,

Killian

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Servese

I am an Irish guy with a background in accounting and marketing.
    I am looking for a partner to supply the financial support to buy small profitable contract cleaning businesses and expand and grow them.
    The first buy will cost roughly 50k and I would manage it and grow it. Hopefully with more additions if successful.
    The partner can be silent or fully involved.
    It would be a 50/50 partnership and I would intend to take no wages on each project until the 50k is repaid to the partner first.
    I have experience in the industry and am focused and have good contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 skippybrogan

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi All - [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I have been a CTO co-founder of two mildly successful SAAS platforms (in the telco & advertising spaces) which are still operating but they take up just a couple of hours a week so I am looking for other opportunities & ideally to find a “non tech” partner to explore potential opportunities. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I am looking to someone who has been through the startup process & knows the realities but is still open to “conservative opportunities” [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I have been doing this a long time (I am in my fifties ) I have been through the whole EI HPSU process, received seed round funding but not really looking to go down the startup path again in terms of EI, etc[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I would rather just bootstrap, research, build an MVP and promote or perish.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Opportunity might be developing a self serve platform which doesn't require too much support or maybe some form of tech services ideally for enterprise clients I don’t want to be prescriptive - If the relationship is good the business will evolve & pivot anyway. The idea here is not to try & build a big company and get investment rather to identify several small software opportunities.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I am NOT looking for someone who has an existing project or who believes their app is going to change the world and needs it to be built & can give me some equity. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I would describe myself at a minimum as a technical Project Manager specializing in SAAS dev,. AWS architect & building & managing remote development teams. As well as my own businesses I have built remote dev teams for machine learning & financial products as a remote CTO. I apply ITIL standards, am GDPR compliant and both my current companies are registered as data processors[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I am based in the EU but travel to Ireland regularly for meetings and am moving back to Ireland full time within the next year.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]If you think there might be some synergy please DM me [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Cheers, Skippy[/font]

Mod: Moved to appropriate thread

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jacksn

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi All - [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I have been a CTO co-founder of two mildly successful SAAS platforms (in the telco & advertising spaces) which are still operating but they take up just a couple of hours a week so I am looking for other opportunities & ideally to find a “non tech” partner to explore potential opportunities. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I am looking to someone who has been through the startup process & knows the realities but is still open to “conservative opportunities” [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I have been doing this a long time (I am in my fifties ) I have been through the whole EI HPSU process, received seed round funding but not really looking to go down the startup path again in terms of EI, etc[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I would rather just bootstrap, research, build an MVP and promote or perish.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Opportunity might be developing a self serve platform which doesn't require too much support or maybe some form of tech services ideally for enterprise clients I don’t want to be prescriptive - If the relationship is good the business will evolve & pivot anyway. The idea here is not to try & build a big company and get investment rather to identify several small software opportunities.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I am NOT looking for someone who has an existing project or who believes their app is going to change the world and needs it to be built & can give me some equity. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I would describe myself at a minimum as a technical Project Manager specializing in SAAS dev,. AWS architect & building & managing remote development teams. As well as my own businesses I have built remote dev teams for machine learning & financial products as a remote CTO. I apply ITIL standards, am GDPR compliant and both my current companies are registered as data processors[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I am based in the EU but travel to Ireland regularly for meetings and am moving back to Ireland full time within the next year.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]If you think there might be some synergy please DM me [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Cheers, Skippy[/font]

Mod: Moved to appropriate thread

Sounds very befuddled, are you looking for projects to develop offshore(remote dev)? but you say you're not looking for existing projects? surely it would be better to work with an existing wheel that is nearly there to MVP but needs the extra bit to take it over the line instead of trying to reinvent one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 skippybrogan

@jackson -  your comments are misguided and reflect a lack of experience in developing process however I have zero interest or time  debating this with you - this is an advertisement so for those of you who are interested please DM me

• Registered Users Posts: 24 saxplayer

Hi All,

I'm looking for for business partners / cofounders for a local / complementary currency system.

I have currently a demo site/app of the system and I would like to meet somebody expert in marketing /sales.
    The market is Ireland mainly, B2B is the core business. Looking also for sales representatives / community representatives

Please PM me if interested.

Gianni

Mod:Post moved to Business Partner Sticky

• Registered Users Posts: 1 WhispersMan

Hi all,

I am looking for a business partner who is working in recruitment consultancy to set up a new agency based in Donegal.

There is a huge gap in the market down here and it is about time someone filled it. I have spoken with many different friends who are in business and they all seem to have the same problem; they cannot get good staff, and in some cases, just can't get staff at all! I even know from personal experience how hard it is to get good staff.

I'll give you a bit about myself - I live down in Donegal and set up a tax refund business at the end of 2017. This business has seen huge success in it's first 12 months seeing revenues hit €1.5m to date this year, so now I want to expand my interest to other areas where I feel there is a gap in the market.

I am ideally looking for someone who is working in recruitment already and feels they have the drive to succeed running their own agency. It would probably suit someone who is originally from Donegal and who wants to move home, I'm not sure too many people will be jumping at the idea of relocating to Donegal!

If anyone is interested then please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks for reading!

Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lucky2Day

Hi

I represent a Web Design and Development company that has been in existence for over 12 years. We are looking to work with Marketing Companies who would like to offer Web Design and Development services but do not have the capability to do so in house.

Please get in touch if this is of any interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭bayles

Hi Folks
    Im looking for an Investor for a new / never seen before award winning product that I have developed for the music Industry.
    I have a fully functioning pre production prototype, a full EU design patent in place and an Industry leader in the US Interested in being a distributor for It. They can also open up distribution channels in mainland EU for me. I also have companies in Canada and Ireland Interested in being distributors.
    I have sourced a company here In Ireland with agents In China who can do manufacturing / packaging at a great price thus allowing for great margins and they can also Import for me.
    After I got my patent In place I went public with it for further market research and ended up having to take the product off line completely as I had musicians trying to pre order and pre pay through my Facebook account. I also had the largest online music magazine in the world contact me looking to run a feature on it.
    I dont have any further cash to Inject into the project and I dont want to go down the licensing route or down the crowdfunding road either if I can avoid it so I am looking for an Investor to come on board. My plan Is to manufacture In China then distribute from a hub here, the exact process / supply chain from B2C will have to be figured out as part of moving the project forward. It could mean drop shipping orders straight to the US and Canada direct from China rather than a big distribution center here.
    I have also had the Interested party in the US ask me if I would be prepared to manufacture another product in the same sector specifically for them for distribution.
    The product itself is designed to be the "Black and Decker workmate" for the musical Instrument Industry and is the first of a range of products I aim to bring to market loosely based around the same Idea . The product has many USPs specific to the environment it is designed to operate In and solves a multitude of common problems musicians encounter .
    I have videos of the product in operation and I am happy to meet with any Interested party to discuss. The financial Investment would only be part of the package as I am also looking for someone with a business background that I can get on and work well with and can give advice and offer solutions to any problems encountered.
    I know this industry inside and out as I have operated in it in a professional and semi professional capacity for over 30 years, I also hold a business related degree and have a background in sales management.
    I have major contacts globally who I have already contacted direct and they have given the product their seal of approval. They are also happy to help push it within the Industry for me and display it at NAMM ..(National Association of Music Merchants) , the biggest music trade fare in the world held twice a year in the US and EU. This has all the potential to be a great investment for the right person. I would foresee an Investment in the region of €20,000 getting the project to the next stage of development although I am happy to sit down and trash this out with any seriously interested party , It may end up being more or less. The Investment will also reflect the amount of equity that will be offered. I wont be emailing videos as I would prefer to sit down and discuss the opportunity face to face and disclose the product then.
    No tire kickers please, you wont be replied to, only seriously interested parties. You can DM me with any questions and expressions of Interest .

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭techteacher

Hi all,

I am looking for a business partner/s who are working in AI/ML/ BIZ DEV/finance to set up a new company based in Dublin

There is a gap in the market here and it is about time someone filled it, this has proven very successful elsewhere and if the team is built correctly it will do well . I have spoken with many different friends who are in business and they all seem to have the same problem. I'll give you a little info about myself - I live and work in Dublin in the tech field I want to expand my interest to other areas where I feel there is a gap in the market.

I am ideally looking for someone who is working in the area and is eager / open to launch a startup with a certain structure the time commitments will be discussed but you must have some flexibliity .

If anyone is interested then please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks for reading!
    Ps Further reading if you are interested
    Gartner hype curve?
    Ray dalio , major disruption https://youtu.be/dKz095P7LdU?list=PLykIL_1_MFWkWDDgvdZ6L7rsvKCKl-39j
    Ml conference using AWS
    https://onlinexperiences.com/scripts/Server.nxp
    key goals
    develop Networking skills build a team of clever people?
    Create and get assets to work for you?
    Prepare the plan, adopt the plan, live the plan?

Advertisement